• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Speaking of bandages they really need to increase health per bandage. They are honestly near useless in most circumstances. I feel like 15-25% would be fair.
If you space them out you get more bang for your buck, dont just spam them, take one, wait until it heals all the way and then pop another.
I see no problem with how they work, 15-20 seems too much.

Tovarisc

Speaking of bandages they really need to increase health per bandage. They are honestly near useless in most circumstances. I feel like 15-25% would be fair.

Bandages, pills and red bull are for pushing in minor healing and going from 75 to 100. For mid-combat healing you have medkits and first aid kits.

This shot looks like he's zeroed for like 300m and hits someone much further away.

Zeroing is for 100m, he eyeballs distance and aims above target. Lucky part comes from rifle sway not taking him off the target at that distance.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Aww yiss.jpg

bRs3KK8.jpg

What a game, ended on the military airfield in the airplane graveyard.

vewn

My friend's game keeps crashing and I'm out of ideas for solutions. Sometimes it just crashes the game, sometimes he gets an error message (afaik there's a confirmed memory leak for some users), sometimes PUBG just closes and today it even crashed his machine.
He has a 1060 3gig and an i5 7500 with 16gigs of ram, testing the rig showed no issues so far and other games work flawless.

XeroSauce

ohhh so thats how it works. that helps, a lot.

just me and another gaffer. most memorable moment was stalking a farm house while prone in the tall grass. and watching the house become a slaughtering ground.

This part was dope.
Me and Complex had some bad RNG and ended up with Mini-Uzis in a AR fight. Instead of engaging, we literally went prone for 10 minutes while the remaining 20 went head to head near a couple houses in the end zone. Eventually a duo chased off a single guy, and we ran inside to loot the corpses of their precious ARs.

Until the guy upstairs clean took my head off. Always clear the building first kids.

Anyways, Complex CLUTCHED it in an open field against a sniper and a couple other guys who just kept running in circles looking for him. It was fantastic way to start off Duos.

Complex Shadow, XeroSauce, Polarizeme, and I performed some field justice tonight.

I apologize for my audio levels.

https://youtu.be/dH4ZKAGbOIk

This literally made my day. Thank you for making this. That run was so much fun even with the anti-climactic ending.

The run in the warehouse with the shipping containers was great too until Polarizeme crashed out

Grief.exe

This makes sense, how does zeroing your gun to different ranges effect it?

ohhh so thats how it works. that helps, a lot.

I don't have any real life experience to draw on with zeroing. Typically, you need to take a rifle to a range to zero a scope on it, you zero to a specific distance then adjust your shot from there.

From the thread, people were saying the aim would be similar, but the shot would be more accurate if you rezero.

Kadin

H1z1 hasn't moved from 128k in a while. Battlegrounds is truly just taking off.
And H1 has been out for how long now compared to PUBG? You know, it's actually possible for some people to enjoy both and the competition is worth having. I'll never understand why people need to see another game fail if it's not the one they themselves enjoy.

Compsiox

Banned
And H1 has been out for how long now compared to PUBG? You know, it's actually possible for some people to enjoy both and the competition is worth having. I'll never understand why people need to see another game fail if it's not the one they themselves enjoy.

Daybreak completely depends on H1Z1. This will force them to make significant improvements. As you said, competition. I don't necessarily want them to fail. It's just kind of exciting to see a veteran of a genre get overtaken.

Lifeline

Just got this. Not only my first Battle Royale type game, but one of my first competitive multiplayer PC game. So far, not really doing that well.

I'm usually like the Top 40 to finish, but that's because I'm hiding for most of it. I usually have no kills, the most kills I've had was two.

Also the gas moves way too fast. As soon as I land I have to start sprinting towards the circle, and as soon as I get to the circle and start lookin for stuff, there's a new circle. Also don't like that there's no kill cam. I have no idea how die most of the time.

Still, I've had some tense moments so I'm enjoying that so far.

Kadin

Daybreak completely depends on H1Z1. This will force them to make significant improvements. As you said, competition. I don't necessarily want them to fail. It's just kind of exciting to see a veteran of a genre get overtaken.
Yeah and I think Daybreak has clearly taken notice. I haven't followed them as closely as I do now since I started playing both games at the launch of PUBG EA but it seems they've awoken and are in my opinion at least, starting to work harder than they have in the past. I think it's a great thing.

TheRed

Just got this. Not only my first Battle Royale type game, but one of my first competitive multiplayer PC game. So far, not really doing that well.

I'm usually like the Top 40 to finish, but that's because I'm hiding for most of it. I usually have no kills, the most kills I've had was two.

Also the gas moves way too fast. As soon as I land I have to start sprinting towards the circle, and as soon as I get to the circle and start lookin for stuff, there's a new circle. Also don't like that there's no kill cam. I have no idea how die most of the time.

Try landing more in the middle of the map. Will land near more people likely but find a weapon and try to get some kills under your belt to get more comfortable with the controls. And if you die it's not that big of a deal because you didn't spend a lot of time running for nothing since you were already in the circle. You can just hop back in another match and try again really quick.

Then when you want to go try hard mode to stay on outskirts of circle at all times you can when you're more comfortable with everything. Getting kills is very satisfying in this game.

XeroSauce

From the subreddit

The problem is that the game doesn't work that way.

I have had multiple instances where I zero in a 100m target and can still hit them with the chevron. A 400m target and I hit them (once) with the 2nd mildot. Something is funky about the zeroing in this game, I chalked it up to height differences between me and the other guy but it's definitely not as accurate as that graph.

Donuts

I'm really hoping that they continue these performance improvements. This is one of the few games that's had me consider buying a new graphics card. The other two being DOOM and Witcher 3 lol. Currently at all low settings, 1600x900 res, and screen scale at 90 to get a good stable performance.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
My friend's game keeps crashing and I'm out of ideas for solutions. Sometimes it just crashes the game, sometimes he gets an error message (afaik there's a confirmed memory leak for some users), sometimes PUBG just closes and today it even crashed his machine.
He has a 1060 3gig and an i5 7500 with 16gigs of ram, testing the rig showed no issues so far and other games work flawless.

Got a friend with the exact same problems. Can't seem to find a solution for him either.

Somnia

Had a fun bug last night, was in a trio and I got knocked down. My buddy was ducked down by a car and I crawled over to get revived and as he was reviving me our other friend unloaded into him and killed him... because name plates disappeared and he thought it was the guy I knocked down and his friend reviving him lol

I would have called him out for it and not believed him, but he was streaming and I saw it on the delay.

XeroSauce

Got a friend with the exact same problems. Can't seem to find a solution for him either.

Weird, have you tried spamming the inventory when you load in? It fixed a memory leak and texture load issue because it forces the game to load the textures in. I also did this after setting everything to very low. Somehow, this fixed the game from using 7GB of RAM, and I don't crash anymore.

andycapps

Kill cams are coming eventually, and can't come soon enough IMO.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Weird, have you tried spamming the inventory when you load in? It fixed a memory leak and texture load issue because it forces the game to load the textures in. I also did this after setting everything to very low. Somehow, this fixed the game from using 7GB of RAM, and I don't crash anymore.

Nah, I actually haven't even heard of that. Do you just open the inventory over and over at the start of the pre-game or something?

Thanks for the heads up

XeroSauce

Nah, I actually haven't even heard of that. Do you just open the inventory over and over at the start of the pre-game or something?

Thanks for the heads up

Yea, I spam Tab (or whatever you have binded as Inventory) until the Inventory screen juuust slightly fades in. 30 seconds after, it opens fully, textures start to populate, and RAM usage goes down. It's really weird but it worked every game so far. It still takes me an assload of time to render the buildings after they pop in but its better then crashing.

Kudo

Does this game support controllers? Thinking of giving it a try on TV before purchasing it but if there's no controller support gotta play on desk.

Akronis

Does this game support controllers? Thinking of giving it a try on TV before purchasing it but if there's no controller support gotta play on desk.

I would not recommend controllers for this game as it will be difficult to be competitive.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Yeah I'm getting random crashes on a 1080/7700k that should probably handle this game fine.

Gonna try to turn it down to 1080p from 2k and see if that helps

Lazahman

Neo Member
Does anyone have a list of what they did to change the loot tables? I looked at the patch notes, but couldn't find any reason why my favorite looting spot (Ruins) doesn't always have at least one AR now.

Late game circles are not fun. Luck based shitfest all the way through, the mid game is the best part of this game

This is definitely true. Luck is too much of a factor at the end. I bet they're still trying to find the right balance, but from the late midgame part til the end, the circles become smaller way too quickly after one another. The whole tactical aspect disappears, making everyone just run towards the small circle from all sides which just becomes a gigantic fuckfest all around. Still, this game has become extremely good and it's so much fun to play.

There is nothing more infuriating than being in Top 5, being in the perfect circle spot, see another player coming, and then your grenade just doesn't work against them and despite dumping 5 M16 bursts into their chest and head they just calmly snipe your head poking out from behind a rock while standing and strafing.

Lazahman

Neo Member
Late game circles are not fun. Luck based shitfest all the way through, the mid game is the best part of this game

I think the problem in mid-late game is the blue zone moves too damn fast. If it moved around the same speed as someone sprinting, it wouldn't be as bad, but with the speed it moves at, you have to leave early to get to a favorable position in the next zone, leaving you with no time to loot.

I know there is no perfect solution but I would personally like to see about at the 3rd or 4th from final circle size, instead of random locations around the circle, the circle simply starts very slow contracting towards the center. Someone could still get lucky placement but at least the other players have a chance to plan a strategy instead of waiting to see if the circle fucked them or saved them.

I read somewhere PU doesn't want to nerf the circles (obviously take that with a grain of salt), but I do agree that it's overdone right now. I get that the current amount of late game damage is to prevent people in the final rounds from just tanking it for as long as possible with healing items while picking off people running in, but the time between shrinks in the last few rounds is way too little and the circle itself moves too fast. You might not even bother having a timer for the last one or two circles since by the time you get inside the next one will already be marked and you'll have to move now to get in. If you got hurt on the way in, then there's practically zero time at all to heal and still make it to the next circle before the blue catches you, and that's assuming you got lucky enough to find cover. It rewards campers who made it to the right spot way too much since everyone else has to constantly be running as fast as possible; and if it's on the opposite side from you? RIP unless Jesus smiles on you.

I've heard some good suggestions (have the circle always be slowly shrinking, tie the appearance of the next circle to the current player count, have the circle the same until the last two or three shrinks at which point it starts slowly shrinking).

JDB

Banned
They just need to make it so circles don't go into the same direction several times in a row at endgame. Having it go to the opposite side from you once is usually manageable, but when you need to do it multiple times in a row you just have an insane disadvantage. Everyone on your side gets funneled into your area meaning you have to fight the circle, enemies near you also fighting the circle and enemies chilling inside the circle.

Burt

Fucking

1v1 left

I know exactly where he is

He can't be quite sure where I am

Circles tightening

Heart racing

Toss a nade

Circle tightens again

Shiitttt yeah its centering right on me

Circle starts chopping his section off

He stands up and starts running at me

F Yeah there's my first win

Hold right click because I don't want to go 8x zoom this close

wait something's not right

oh shit I still have grenade selected

dead

dtcm83

First chicken dinner accomplished tonight in Duo with my buddy. Damn this game is an adrenaline rush!

Edit: took me roughly 23hrs total playtime to get this victory. Juice was worth the squeeze.

Top Bottom