• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

jet1911

How do I make it so that it is not so blurry/pixelated in the distance?

I'm running the game in windowed borderless mode and with anti-aliasing on low. Would it help if I ran it in full-screen downsampled to 4K or turning on the anti-aliasing to ultra? I tried both actually, and didn't find it to help much. I also hate not playing in borderless windowed mode.

AA at Ultra and Post processing at medium makes the game pretty clean I think.

Tovarisc

Ugggh wtff.. I've gotten second place in solo like 6 times and never fucking win. They always get the slightly better position and luck is never on my side. It's really pissing me off lol.
Not to mention all of the other top 10s I've gotten. It's just frustrating to see how much luck some people get wins with, I want some of that. The last 1v1s I get are always against a really skilled mofo.

Love the game, but shit I want at least 1 win.

Early and late game have a lot luck factor in them, no way around it.

Tovarisc

DUSFqGQ.png

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/856843275952640000

C-QD8EGXcAEW_eK.jpg

Tovarisc

Early Access Week 5 Update

Players,

Today on the dev blog we look at what we have updated in this week's upcoming patch. Before we get to that I want to quickly explain what happened with the loot balance after the first monthly patch last week.

To facilitate the custom game feature allowing users to change the balance of the loot in their games, we had to change the core loot system. When this new system was implemented, we missed a bug that altered the balance of weapons spawned in the world. We have now resolved this issue and the loot balance will be restored to how it was before the update last week. Going forward, we do intend to apply balance passes to the loot, and we will update you here on the dev blog when any of these passes are implemented.

Finally, next week the team will be taking a well-deserved week off, so there will be no weekly update. We will be back in the office on Monday May 8th refreshed and ready to push more updates your way!

We will first roll this patch out to the test server tomorrow, Wednesday. No ETA for when this will happen yet, so stay tuned to our Twitter for updates!

This patch will be deployed to the main servers on Thursday, April 27, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.

Early Access - Week 5 - Patch Notes

Client Performance Improvement
  • Improved the drop in FPS when firing a gun or driving a vehicle
Gameplay
  • Rolled back the item spawn balance
  • Reduced the amount of health lost when a character is ejected from a flipping motorbike
Bug fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused the door to open towards the player
  • Fixed a bug causing incorrect lighting on the 2x scope
  • Fixed a bug that caused loot to be not shown in the inventory when a character first obtained it
  • Fixed a bug that caused crossbow attachments not to show up in the vicinity pane
  • Fixed a bug that caused the sound to stutter
http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1299695420531366322

AdamT

Anyone not get matched in a duo? Never tried the mode before and had this happen twice in a row. Quit to menu once everyone was in the plane to make sure the pairing didn't happen then. Squad works fine for me, so I suspect someone joined, then quit quickly.

I bought this last week but only had a chance to play it last night. Went duo with a buddy.

I have 1 solitary kill, and about 5 deaths. Made it deepish into all but 2 of the 6-7 games we played.

I love it.

Salty Hippo

I just jump in discord and join one of the squads or ask if people want to play there, it's fairly active.

I played some matches on US servers from the UK and it didn't seem too different from EU servers. Though it's a bit janky like that anyway.

Great game though, mic really helps.

Definitely hit up our Discord. Everyone there is really nice, helpful, and willing to run games pretty often. We got a nice lil community here on GAF.

Thanks. I still didn't buy it, some more feedback on long distance servers with an old connection (mine is still 10MB/s) would be greatly appreciated.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. I still didn't buy it, some more feedback on long distance servers with an old connection (mine is still 10MB/s) would be greatly appreciated.

I'm playing on a ~8Mb connection from the Middle East, on EU/US servers. Game does a good job of compensating - there haven't been many situations where the latency advantage comes into play (say if you're trading hits at the same time 1v1 - and I've won a lot of those)

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, so my computer isn't the best. I checked "can you run it". CPU, and ram it says are fine.

The video card is bad though. I have a gtx 560ti. Min is GeForce® GTX 660.

Now what I want to know is how this will affect the game? Is it just that I won't be able run it at all? Or won't be able to run at highest settings? Like, what am I looking at here?

Tovarisc

I'm playing on a ~8Mb connection from the Middle East, on EU/US servers. Game does a good job of compensating - there haven't been many situations where the latency advantage comes into play (say if you're trading hits at the same time 1v1 - and I've won a lot of those)

Actually game doesn't have lag compensation afaik and you are playing with huge advantage by having noticeably higher latency than most on server. I guess you are one of those warping players or one that shoots me around corners and to behind solid cover that I run into every now and then.

Not your fault, just how game is.

Burt

Hey guys, so my computer isn't the best. I checked "can you run it". CPU, and ram it says are fine.

Now what I want to know is how this will affect the game? Is it just that I won't be able run it at all? Or won't be able to run at highest settings? Like, what am I looking at here?

I have an R9 280, and it runs... okay at 1920x1080 with a mix of low/medium and AA on ultra. Probably 25-40 fps. The 280 is about equal to a GTX 760, so you're probably looking at all lows and a resolution cut. That'd be fine for a lot of games (seriously, I run plenty of games at 720p for the framerate without it bothering me), but the problem with this one is that making out distant details is actually a big thing. Not just for "Is that an enemy or a bush?", but even something like "Is that a buggy that I want to run to in the distance or just a rock?". I often have a hard time making that stuff out even at 1080p.

Give it a shot, I guess, but I would go in with the expectation of a refund.

Lifeline

I'm in a GTX960M and my specs are supposed to be slightly above the recommended amount, but even with all settings in low I get around 25 - 35 FPS with dips down to 15.

What's interesting is that the FPS stays the same no matter if I play on All low or all high.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or is the game supposed to be this badly optimized.

Salty Hippo

Gonna pull the trigger too. If the lag is too unbearable I'll just get a refund. You can get refunds on Early Access games, right? First time buying one of those.

The motorcycle thing is welcome even if one of the funniest moments I've had is getting two bikes in Duos, my teammate getting shot as we race away from a cluster of buildings, him bravely telling me to go on to the zone and not risk reviving him, and then I hit a gentle bump and was immediately killed from full health.

Velkyn

This game is fantastic, even in this rough state. I can't wait to see where it's going to be in even a few months!

Still no chicken dinner for me yet. I've come painfully close; #2 and #3 finishes, and a handful of top 20 and top 10s, but I average only 1-2 kills a game. Nothing beats the rush of being in the top 10 as the circle keeps getting smaller and smaller. No game has made me feel anything close to the tension I feel from being in that last group, creeping into the circle.

Twookie

Gonna pull the trigger too. If the lag is too unbearable I'll just get a refund. You can get refunds on Early Access games, right? First time buying one of those.

yep

just keep your playtime under 2hrs and you can refund it for any/no reason

You can buy it and check if it runs well

if it doesn't, refund it :)

Rains

Well bought this the other day and its great very intense how ever i tried playing duo and found a die alot more players seems to just run around with out checking stuff and get killed

Twookie

The motorcycle thing is welcome even if one of the funniest moments I've had is getting two bikes in Duos, my teammate getting shot as we race away from a cluster of buildings, him bravely telling me to go on to the zone and not risk reviving him, and then I hit a gentle bump and was immediately killed from full health.

Dude I am SO happy they changed that. I've killed my squad twice from hitting the tiniest bump and then spectacularly flipping. It's a deathtrap, but it is so fast and so fun to use.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Actually game doesn't have lag compensation afaik and you are playing with huge advantage by having noticeably higher latency than most on server. I guess you are one of those warping players or one that shoots me around corners and to behind solid cover that I run into every now and then.

Not your fault, just how game is.

Well...you didn't mention anything about teleporting when we were in a squad...

Tovarisc

Well...you didn't mention anything about teleporting when we were in a squad...

I don't really pay attention to squadies outside of location and HP when in-game, comms I listen to naturally. Still what I said about having advantage with higher ping holds true as I have ran into these teleporting heroes and they are impossible to kill as they warp around multiple meters at the time.

Kadin

Yeah you can but I imagine that won't be something you'll need to worry about. Game should hook you in within just the first match and lag has never been something I was remotely worried about. There are hiccups here and there but overall it's really a non-issue imo.

Two Words

The other day, I snuck up on a guy on a hill who had a suppressed sniper rifle. Before shooting him, I said in proximity chat "that's a nice gun you have there." I wish I could have seen how freaked out he got in person.

The other day, I snuck up on a guy on a hill with a suppressed sniper rifle. Before shooting him, I said in proximity chat, "that's a nice gun you have there." I wish I could have seen how freaked out he got in person.

Some guy drove up to a house I was hiding in the other day and said "I know you're in there" and started shooting out all the windows.

iosa

I don't understand I was doing fine before the last update but since then I can't do shit, I think I have one kill in 15 games...

Salty Hippo

Yeah you can but I imagine that won't be something you'll need to worry about. Game should hook you in within just the first match and lag has never been something I was remotely worried about. There are hiccups here and there but overall it's really a non-issue imo.

My concern is server distance. I live in Brazil but want to play this in co-op with my fellow gaffers.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I know there is no perfect solution but I would personally like to see about at the 3rd or 4th from final circle size, instead of random locations around the circle, the circle simply starts very slow contracting towards the center. Someone could still get lucky placement but at least the other players have a chance to plan a strategy instead of waiting to see if the circle fucked them or saved them.

Totally agree. I like the aggressive nature of the circle balance overall right now because they have to do what they gotta to force people not to sit in a house with a shotgun aimed at the door all day.

But lategame it feels way too random and luck-based. Who gets to keep laying in the grass and who has to get up and sprint to the last circle and get popped?

Had a game-breaking bug in a match earlier today and I have no idea what triggered it. I was rushing towards the blue zone on the map because I decided to drop on the complete top end of the map. As I was coming towards the military island where the circle was the textures for everything around me just vanished. There were no walls on houses, houses were floating in the air and the bridge was missing but the pillars holding it up were still there. It wasn't just pop-out either because when I tried to drive my car across the bridge I just fell right into area beneath it and my car had the animation of crashing down and everything so it's like the bridge wasn't physically there. :/

Mikey Jr.

Just an update, it ran like absolute shit.

Carry on.

I spent an incredibly tense 30 minutes in a game last night, bouncing from building to building with my motorcycle, trying to stay in the center of the zone. Finally, I'm hiding by a shack @ less than 20 people left, when a plane drops a supply crate about 100m away! Now, across the valley from me, there's another person hoofing it there, maybe 300m away... but I'm closer, and I've got a motorcycle. So I let the thing drop to the ground, and make my move. Hop on my motorcycle, get to speed, hit a sudden small ledge, did two flips, and landed on my wheels.

I felt like a real badass, for about a second after I landed, while the game was busy calculating how much damage that did to me. And then I died :(

Ruff

Whenever I am in the same general continent as an Air Drop I just get shot in the back from some random bush. Those things are bad news.

Top Bottom