• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

drotahorror

Is it more beneficial to have your game look like shit so you can spot people easier? That sort of seems the case for H1Z1 if I'm not mistaken.

I hate when games do this because you can't have the game look good without having a disadvantage.

TVexperto

Yeah I requested a refund, never in my life is this game 30 bucks worth, even if its early access. its unplayable and should be a free alpha at this stage.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Launch Duo game. We starting off guuuud.
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CmWRNdI.jpg[/IMG]
Is it more beneficial to have your game look like shit so you can spot people easier? That sort of seems the case for H1Z1 if I'm not mistaken.

I hate when games do this because you can't have the game look good without having a disadvantage.
He talked about as the game gets optimized they will increase the quality as well and there are talk on forums about this. Give it some time, might change.
Yeah I requested a refund, never in my life is this game 30 bucks worth, even if its early access. its unplayable and should be a free alpha at this stage.
Why tho?

Got good 80-90 hours out of the beta over a few weekends and got 4 launch hours in today. It never ran better and I'm noticing I'm in the 90-100 fps zone a lot now; fair enough mostly everything on low and texture ultra. Also SLI on but I doubt that even work but it's UE4 so who knows.

packy34

More than 80 hrs for me in the beta... It's not fully optimized yet, but unplayable? Nah. You should probably read the hardware requirements before buying games.

DMTripper

You must be on a pretty bad potato. GTX960 and a I5-4590 and its playing 40-55 fps with good settings. Far from unplayable.

TVexperto

Its the lag whats killing it for me, I have to press F 100x times before I can pick something up, also the short rounds kinda suck, I thought it would be more survival based

Tecnniqe

Banned
Its the lag whats killing it for me, I have to press F 100x times before I can pick something up, also the short rounds kinda suck, I thought it would be more survival based
Lag is usually only present at the start of a round and there was also a server outage and some stuff, lots of people so it's to be expected.

And rounds vary but usually 35-40 minutes max which is good length for a win.

Woo-Fu

Banned

People been playing it on Twitch for what, three weekends now, plus plenty of video on youtube. Should really do your research next time.

This game is so fun. Placed top 10 multiple times today and even got a first place (solo).

Will have to get some more games in later today.

V6AoU6t.png

I haven't had any lag and I even played on EU servers for a few games and I'm on west coast US. I'm not sure what you expected of the game length though. Seems the same as any other BR game in terms of length. This is a BR game not survival ala DayZ or H1Z1 survive.

Still getting the hang of the game but if anyone wants to add me and play later tonight I'm down. Steam ID:
EDIT: USA server by the way

Hylian7

For some reason a red zome dropped my framerate from the 40s to 10, and then it never recovered beyond 20...anyone else have this?

Otherwise I like the game.

I've been watching summit1g and sacriel42 play duos all afternoon. Finally caved in and bought it. Runs like crap on my GTX 670, but still fun and quite intense.

Note:Those of you having performance issues, try updating to the newest nvidia drivers + restarting the game after making any graphical changes. I saw a small fps boost from doing this.

I have a 1060 and it doesn't run that great but optimization is there priority. They said they want it to run great on low end machines as well as high. Also PUBG has more players currently than h1z1

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I realize the GTX 670 is an older card. However, the other few PC games I play (CS:GO and Cities:Skylines) run absolutely fine so never bothered to upgrade. Battlegrounds is playable if I set it all to Very low and switch the resolution from native 1920x1200 to 1680x1050.

I'm not sure if my CPU is holding me back (I5-4590), but performance is pretty terrible for me. I have had to turn everything to very low just to keep the game running without crashes after launching out of the plane. I have a 1080 so my GPU shouldn't be an issue and I'm not sure how everyone else here is getting better performance.

Vipu

Banned
I'm not sure if my CPU is holding me back (I5-4590), but performance is pretty terrible for me. I have had to turn everything to very low just to keep the game running without crashes after launching out of the plane. I have a 1080 so my GPU shouldn't be an issue and I'm not sure how everyone else here is getting better performance.

Its pretty hard for CPU so I would guess your CPU is bottlenecking, you need beastly CPU for it atm until they optimize it more.

OneUh8

Been watching Summit play it during the closed beta convinced me to get it. Been playing H1Z1 for a while and this game seems more my style and has a dedicated dev. Hopefully it all works out. Might play a round or two tonight, just got it installed.

Picked this up and loving it so far. Are there any plans for game mode variants. I think a smaller map that plays in half the time would be fun.

ryanyhc

Neo Member
Sorry if this was already asked but anyone know a fix for bandages not working? I'm pressing 9 and it's not doing shit.

Hylian7

Performance is super inconsistent on my machine. I realize I don't have the latest and greatest here, but I feel like I should be getting a little better, even with my settings on very low. The performance regardless on the settings is stuttery, for lack of a better word.

Sometimes my framerate drops like a rock indoors, and in some other situations.

Here is my rig:

Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.3GHz
GTX 770
16GB DDR3

Top Bottom