• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playing the FF15 demo: What is it HD Gaming & Size 6 point fonts?

Only had a 360 briefly so the Wii U is my first HD console and it was one of the first thing I noticed playing every demo on the eshop. I'd simply like an option.

I hate when I've got to get off the recliner and pull a different chair up closer to my TV to see those tiny little fonts.

Heh, not long after I got the Wii U my wife came home to me sitting on an office chair 3 feet from the TV. Wasn't worth the effort when I have so many PC, 3DS, and other Wii U games to play.

Genuine question for those with issues, how far are you from your TV?

I sit about 6 feet away from a 40" tv and all the text examples that have full sized screenshots seem between perfectly readable and sorta big.

7 or 8 feet from a 32" TV. Don't have a problem with TV shows or older consoles, just the Wii U (and I presume other HD consoles).

A lot if older people play video games these days. They aren't just for kids sitting a foot away from their 80 inch screens. They should make font sizes adjustable.

Yeah, off topic but I wonder how/if game developers will adapt for the fact that gamers are getting older.

Letting us scale the UI should be standard in pretty much every game, especially RPGs...

And I never understand why more open world or exploration games don't allow a sort of 'Immersive Mode' for the UI. Playing a game like GTA V or Dragon Age INQ looks so much better with the UI completely hidden. Or, for a lot of PC RPGs or at least MMOs on console like FF XIV, let us shrink or grow the size of the UI as we want.

I play FF XIV with a UI even tinier that that on my TV. Just having standard UI scaling should be a pretty obvious solution for everyone though.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
7 or 8 feet from a 32" TV. Don't have a problem with TV shows or older consoles, just the Wii U (and I presume other HD consoles).

I can see 8 feet from a 32" being a problem, but also you're not really supposed to sit 8 feet from a 32" TV. But I get that it's annoying to change up your living room arrangement just to sit the "proper" distance.

Top Bottom