• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playlogic announces 'Fairytale Fights' (bloody platform adventure)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
No screens, but artwork looks nice..almost fat princess-y.

http://www.destructoid.com/fairytale-fights-bringing-hack-n-slash-gore-and-bunnies--130171.phtml

130171-fairytale.jpg

"Fairytale Fights is a truly twisted hack’n’slash platform adventure where players assume the role of a much-loved fairytale character, whose glory days have long since passed," explains PlayLogic. "While embarking on a seemingly innocent journey to save a colorful fantasy world from certain disaster, players traverse a series of colourful and enthralling levels filled to the brim with action-packed combat and fairytale-style storylines.

"Luckily, many different weapons lay strewn throughout the fairytale kingdom, which players can use to slice and dice their way through swathes of cute fluffy bunnies and imposing enemies."

Playlogic’s custom made in-house technology makes Fairytale Fights the first game ever, in which players can truly dynamically slice through 3D models in real-time! Furthermore, Playlogic has also built a volumetric liquid system that gives liquids realistic properties. Blood will splatter across the surrounding trees and leaves and players can even skid through puddles of blood, left by fallen foes.

For PS3, 360, PC, coming before the holidays.

Hopefully the blood is done in a comical way (again, a Fat Princess-y way!) so it isn't too overbearing. Platformers are in short supply, so fingers crossed this turns out well..

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
JasonMCG said:
Intrigued...but who is Playlogic?

They made some eyetoy ps2 games..and a couple of the PS eye games on PSN, but that's all I know them for.

edit : IGN has a list of games they've been involved with here: http://games.ign.com/objects/497/497254.html Though I think they're wrong in including eyepet among them, I believe that's an internal SCE London project. Their back catalogue isn't totally inspiring, from what I know of it, but..I live in hope.

Top Bottom