• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 3 and...

Yes. I, too, wondered why the detective did not notice the blood stains on the carpet or the fingerprints on the glassware. Perhaps it was happenstance, or perhaps there was a deeper motive behind it all.

Avalon

I hope you saved your PS2 component cables.

:lol I thought I saw the PS3 ones at Bestbuy... around $50.

Nicodimas

Banned
my roomate got his..I did not..advantage of having a roomate that works at EB.

but still 600 bucks means they should include a component cable

Vard

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are component cables the same thing as HDMI cables? The Wikipedia article for PS3 says that HDMI cables are not included and will retail for $50 and I was just wondering what that is.

Vard said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are component cables the same thing as HDMI cables?

Component:
ps2_component_big.jpg

HDMI:
hdmi400-6m.jpg

Vard

Is one considered to be better than the other, or are they just "different" good things? Or, why would you buy the PS3 HDMI cable if you can use the PS2's component cable?

Vard said:
Is one considered to be better than the other, or are they just "different" good things?

They're both good and both do HD, but component is analog while HDMI is digital (plus audio on the same cable).

Laurent

_leech_ said:
Technically you can do 1080p over component, but it's iffy (not many TVs support it).
Don't start being all technical on me! Ahhh, forget it, I was the one starting it...

Top Bottom