• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 3 FW 3.60 is up

Kccitystar

Since the US server is somehow broken to me, I'll post the direct link to the firmware update from the uber-fast Korean servers. :D

Remember, install to:
ps_pc_update_clip_diagram_us.jpg

The firmware alone is universal.

Cruzader

Banned
DonMigs85 said:
Their cloud saving doesn't seem much different than me saving the data myself on some other online service thru my PC. The games can't directly load saves from online right?
Not yet. Possibly in future update or part of ps4 os. Good move by Sony.

Anyhow only console to do this so hold on the PC master race card.

What I posted in the other thread:

The way this is set up, saving directly to the online server doesn't seem like it'd be hard to implement at all. It's just a matter of accessing that folder while in-game and directly loading/saving from there.

It's essentially set up as a sub-folder of the game saves folder, instead of as a completely separate thing.

Though that would mean you'd have to be online to access your saves. It wouldn't be accessible both ways like it is through Steam.

Zeliard

Yeah, increasing the amount of time for the controller to turn off doesn't seem like the most useful thing ever. Is it really taxing to hit the PS button to wake the controller back up? :p

Volcynika

Zeliard said:
Yeah, increasing the amount of time for the controller to turn off doesn't seem like the most useful thing ever. Is it really taxing to hit the PS button to wake the controller back up? :p

The users have made their demands and Sony has blessed us all with an answer!

lupinko

DonMigs85 said:
Their cloud saving doesn't seem much different than me saving the data myself on some other online service thru my PC. The games can't directly load saves from online right?

You can't backup protected saves to move them to another console, unless it's a console-to-console transfer. =/

Junior

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
yay, I get another icon on my XMB that I won't use.

I agree, it just pisses me off. I mean, its just like my receiver remote. Damn thing has 20 buttons i never use! i get so mad just looking at it!

kpx0

Banned
i dont understand the point of cloud save if you have to do it manually.. ie seems no different that transferring the save to a USB thumb drive and emailing yourself an attachment (dropbox). maybe if it saved directly to the cloud...

CozMick

Banned
kpx0 said:
i dont understand the point of cloud save if you have to do it manually.. ie seems no different that transferring the save to a USB thumb drive and emailing yourself an attachment (dropbox). maybe if it saved directly to the cloud...

Locked Saves!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well the feature just rolled out I'm already @ 96/150MB left LOL:

Copying Prohibited Saves:

Demon's Soul (NA) - 3529 KB
Demon's Soul (Asia) -3529 KB
Two Worlds II (Gamer network characters and village data) - 98 KB
Vanquish - 87 KB
Sam & Man: The Devil's Playhouse: Episode 1 - 873 KB
Sam & Man: The Devil's Playhouse: Episode 2 - 1716 KB
Sam & Man: The Devil's Playhouse: Episode 3 - 1606 KB
Sam & Man: The Devil's Playhouse: Episode 4 - 1518 KB
Sam & Man: The Devil's Playhouse: Episode 5 - 2568 KB
Bayonetta - 210 KB
Bayonetta (System Data) - 141 KB
Bayonetta (Continue Data) - 210 KB
Heavy Rain - 5364 KB
Heavy Rain (Options) - 143 KB
Street Fighter IV - 3763 KB
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - 633KB
Rouge Warrior - 4846 <==== L to the fucking O to the Fucking L
Dante's Inferno - 1219 KB
Assassin's Creed II - 2547 KB
Assassin's Creed II (Profile) - 2313 KB
The Saboteur - 1701 KB
KillZone 2 - 1072 KB
Medal of Honor: Frontline - 132 KB
Medal of Honor: Frontline (Preference Data) - 131 KB
Red Faction: Guerilla - 88 KB
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - 784 KB
Need For Speed: Undercover - 1160 KB
Need For Speed: Shift - 2322 KB
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - 1141 KB
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs - 98 KB
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - 159 KB
Transformers: War for Cybertron (Autobot Checkpoint) - 178 KB
Transformers: War for Cybertron (Decepticon Checkpoint) - 185 KB
Transformers: War for Cybertron (Profile) - 182 KB
Transformers: War for Cybertron (Custom Characters) - 187 KB
Mortal Kombat II - 104 KB

Regular Save:

Fallout 3 (GOTY) - 7652

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Can you at least bulk upload them to the cloud? I absolutely hate having to select each one manually when I'm backing up to USB.

lupinko

I'll think I'll bite the bullet for PS+ just to do the cloud saves thing to get them off my fat dead PS3 which I can resurrect in short bursts from time to time.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
alr1ghtstart said:
Can you at least bulk upload them to the cloud? I absolutely hate having to select each one manually when I'm backing up to USB.

One @ a time sadly, but you can overwrite your old save in the cloud with a new save (if you played more or adjusted some stuff)

Junior

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
Don't worry about it, your never going to use it anyways.

Hazelhurst

alr1ghtstart said:
"Copy Multiple" would be a great welcome. I have over 100 saves.

Junior

Banned
BoboBrazil said:
I think many more people were clamoring for those than cloud saving honestly.

Because if they added those features everyone would bitch that they don't focus on "gaming" features.

GraveRobberX said:
Goddamn that was fast @_@!

Took me 1.5 minute to DL the whole Firmware, never this fast, and 50% installed, the fuck?, sneaky/hidden internet super highway for PSN+ users to get firmware quicker.../conspiracy theory
Mine is taking an ETERNITY and it never usually does.

Noshino

BoboBrazil said:
I think many more people were clamoring for those than cloud saving honestly.

Not really, I remember a bunch of people being happy when the survey hinted at cloud saving...

when it comes to external ntfs and mkv support, while I do find some of them now and then on regular forums, they tend to be more on the CFW threads. I would be willing to bet that cross chat, mandatory custom tracks, screeshots, and youtube implementation are higher than those 2 as well.

The update notice on the jp playstation website is up:
http://translate.google.de/translat...://www.jp.playstation.com/ps3/update/&act=url

it's just Cloud + Controller power off time + "Name no longer appears online in categories such as friends and send and receive messages, online ID will be displayed." (google translation, sorry).

I guess the latter is just for jp users as they can display a different name instead of the PSN ID (as they have to use the Roman alphabet for their ID, too)?

backing up some saves via the cloud now!

and I just realized I can now get the locked saves from my old ylod PS3 as it's stable during XMB etc. after using the hairdryer method. megaton :O (I got the new PS3 before the full transfer option via LAN was released...)

Grinchy

Banned
Wow the cloud save option is not what I thought it was going to be at all. And then on top of that, you still have to back it up one save at a time? Glad I saved my money so far. If that improves, I'll jump on plus.

lupinko

SolidusDave said:
and I just realized I can now get the locked saves from my old ylod PS3 as it's stable during XMB etc. after using the hairdryer method. megaton :O (I got the new PS3 before the full transfer option via LAN was released...)

Yes, all hail the hairdryer method. I was able to deactivate my CA and JP accounts on my ylod fat. :D

Paznos

Wario64 said:
Up on PSN now.

You can change the amount of time before your controller auto-sleeps. lol.
Finally! there are times when I step away to come back to my controller turned off, this changes everything!

You know, and I am being absolutly serious here, the NUMBER ONE feature that I've wanted for a long time on PSN has been to change the amount of time my controller takes to go to sleep from 10 minutes to 30 minutes.

I wanted this feature more than cross game chat or Linux, or anything else they've been adding.

And now its here. Awesome. How about that cloud saving, yo?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'm guessing this doesn't keep your backed up saves in sync automatically? Say if I back up some saves on one console, then go play the game on another console, it won't auto-download backed up saves and replace an out-of-date ones on another console? I have to restore it all manually?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lord Error said:
I'm guessing this doesn't keep your backed up saves in sync automatically? Say if I back up some saves on one console, then go play the game on another console, it won't auto-download backed up saves and replace an out-of-date ones on another console? I have to restore it all manually?

Correct. It's just copying, not syncing.

Anyways, very odd this feature isn't mentioned when updating. I wonder how many PS+ user will even notice.

TTP said:
Correct. It just copying, not syncing.

Anyways, very odd this feature isn't mentioned when updating. I wonder how many PS+ user will even notice.

Well at least the PSN "folder" (with description) is displayed on the top of the savegame list, so you can't miss it. Don't know if the common user ever looks in there though :D

helium121

Banned
The only feature I want is to be able to deactivate systems I nor my friends no longer have. I'm down to my last one and it scares me to think I may lose everything I paid for if my system dies on me. Make it a plus feature if needed. I don't care.

Stoffinator

Grinchy said:
Wow the cloud save option is not what I thought it was going to be at all. And then on top of that, you still have to back it up one save at a time? Glad I saved my money so far. If that improves, I'll jump on plus.

Come on Grinchy, its worth it. Become one of us. :p

Top Bottom