• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 3 games priced in Japan

Zonar

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159301.html

Famitsu lists nine first- and third-party titles, ranging from the 5,040 yen ($43) Mah-Jong Taikai IV to the 8,190 yen ($69) Armored Core 4.

Japanese gaming site Famitsu.com, the online branch of the popular game magazine Weekly Famitsu, has published pricing details for Japan on nine PlayStation 3 games. The games, four of which are due to be released as launch titles, range in price from 5,040 yen (approximately $43) for Mahjong Taikai IV to 8,190 yen (approximately $69) for Armored Core 4. A list of titles with Japanese prices and approximate dollar equivalents follows.

November 11, 2006:
Mah-Jong Fight Club (Konami, 5,229 yen / approx $44)
Sega Golfclub (Sega, 7140 yen / approx. $60)
Genji (Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, 5,980 yen / approx. $51)
Resistance: Fall of Man (Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, 5,980 yen / approx. $51)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight (Namco Bandai Games, 7,329 yen / approx. $62)
Ridge Racer 7 (Namco Bandai Games, 7,329 yen / approx. $62)

November 22, 2006:
Mah-Jong Taikai IV (Koei, 5,040 yen / approx. $43)

December 14, 2006:
Armored Core 4 (From Software, 8,190 yen / approx. $69)

December 21, 2006:
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega, 7,140 yen / approx. $60)

Today's news comes just over a week after the Sony Style online store revealed the US prices of PS3 games. Unlike Japan, games for the platform were listed at a standard $59.99 price point for both first- and third-party titles. European and Australasian prices for PS3 games have not yet been revealed.

Mrbob

Where is the original thread on this?

I wonder if this means First Party games could still be $49.99 in the USA. We never received official pricing yet in the USA except for the system. Overall these game prices are lower than the anticipated speculated pricing.

Gavin

I still see people touting bogus numbers going all the way up to the $100 dollar range based on old Sony interviews that gave a broad range of what games could cost. This is actually updated and verifiable comfirmation that the games will be inline with what we see with the XBox 360.

Although the Sony Style Store link has been used to point out that US games will all be $60, I was still waiting for some other source just to make sure it was going to be the case.

Mrbob

Yeah I've seen Sonystyle mark other products higher price than the intended MSRP. Hopefully we get clarification October 19.

Top Bottom