• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 3 Interface (images)? [At least they’re not more Revolution screens.]

Real or not? Looks great IMO

main-thumb.jpg

video.jpg

trailers-thumb.jpg

email.jpg

^"God" :lol

Even the guy who sent this in isn’t sure if these are authentic shots from the Playstation 3, but at least they’re not more Revolution screens.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/ps3-interface-screens-151897.php

fronn

I can't see them (@work), but I can tell you if it isn't the XMB, like PSX/PSP, then they are fake.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Looks fake to me*

*Disclosure: I have no idea how I came to that conclusion except that it doesn't look very XMB like.

Piper Az

FONTs too small for TVs, meaning "Am I going to see that sitting on my couch 15 feet away from TV?" I doubt they're real.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Futureman said:
question:

WHAT IS XMB?

Cross (X) Media Bar

PSP uses it, to give you an idea.

There was even what appeared to be a mockup of the PS3 interface (using the XMB) at one of Kutaragi's presentations last year, and it looked nothing like this.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
OMG WHY DO SONY FANS DO THIS DURR JUST WAIT FOR PS3 NEWSSS

looks kinda real though.

123rl

Very nice but quadruple the text size or I ain't buying one. There's no way in hell I could read that on my TV :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Doom_Bringer said:
No we don't. Sony showed a XMB powerpoint slide at the Playstation Festival last year and now people think PS3 uses XMB.

It's mentioned on the Devstation website also.

OSD, Cross media bar, Game Saves, Controllers, Peripherals, Bluetooth, USB, Hard Drive (James Burns)

http://devstation.scee.com/agenda

sp0rsk said:
OMG WHY DO SONY FANS DO THIS DURR JUST WAIT FOR PS3 NEWSSS

I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything so "special" about Revolution fans myself :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Even the best has its detractors..;)

Seriously, I think it's a very nice interface. A lot of people who've used my PSP have commented on it.

Jerkface

Banned
:lol

Second image says "Blue ray Disc"

Plus as was already mentioned the text is far too small for a TV based interface.

jedimike

It is probably a real design concept. I know MS had dozens of protype interfaces before they actually picked the one currently in use. So the pics are probably real, but the chance that it is THE final design is slim.

Zaptruder

Banned
That's a pretty nice looking interface. But the text needs to be more visible... even accepting that those are 1080 mockups, I'd imagine white text would still be a bit hard to read on the light background... so either slight gaussian blurred shadows for the text or a darker background... but that's a good colored background; very soft and soothing... not quite dull like gray, but not jarring like pure white can be.

That said, the best interface should be customisable, and Sony should offer a few types including something like this one (a softer/peaceful interface), something like the XMB (bit brighter and neo-modern) and ... one more industrial one? akin to their website?

Jim

When was the last time an interface had the typical web copyright of "Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved" on every single "page". Though it shares some similarities with the newer http://www.playstation.com/ splash page, including the copyright.

By that, and the way the open space extends off to the right, I'd say this is clearly a website. Possibly a mockup of an upcoming redesign.

Zaptruder

Banned
qirex said:
I guess 2006 is the year of the shitty amateur UI designer.

What's so shitty about it though?

Come on, if you know better tell us. Half the thread is about people saying, hey that's pretty damn nice looking, fake or not, and you come in poo pooing it?

Explain yourself or STFU.

xaosslug

It's REALLY hard to take this thread seriously when the topic name isn't in all caps with like"!!!" following it. :p

Top Bottom