• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 3 Interface (images)? [At least they’re not more Revolution screens.]

qirex

jedimike said:
It is probably a real design concept. I know MS had dozens of protype interfaces before they actually picked the one currently in use. So the pics are probably real, but the chance that it is THE final design is slim.
No way no how with text that small and low-contrast. They wouldn't even consider it. Even if you design it for multiple resolutions there's no way of telling how physically large the screen is. Plus Sony is moving away from plasma altogether and would never consider something that would suffer readability problems on LCD or projection like that would.

Tiger

Banned
The pics are probably fake, but it seems almost a give in that the PS3 will use a menu system similar to the PSP.

BuddyC

Even the guy who sent this in isn’t sure if these are authentic shots from the Playstation 3, but at least they’re not more Revolution screens.
Lines like this deserve to be worked into thread titles.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
While the lack of XMB is a bit weird, considering how gay Sony is over uniting the Playstation brand name, I do like what's shown so far, even if it is fake. If it isn't then, good. If it is, then I hope to see something comparable or better.

Ponn

Banned
Stop with these damn interface mockup/speculation threads. Unless it's official from Sony screw 'em. It's turning into the ghetto of fanboy news here.

Kotaku has become a complete joke of a site... remember when they posted the Fishie PS3 bashing piece, not once but TWICE :lol ... this site is up there with s p o n g, and i even had it bookmarked once.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Obviously fake, but I'm hoping for something a bit more stylish than the 360 dashboard...yet just as functional.

The 360 dashboard rocks, but I really don't like the look of it. I have a feeling that PS3 won't be able to match it in terms of features, to be honest.

duckroll

Amir0x said:
Your avatar is 700kb. Way too big man. It's gotta be under 150kb.

Man, can't we have a ban on avatars above 50k? This isn't even about 56k users, it's just about how I've noticed most of these animated avatars.... well.... SUCK! Who the fuck will stop and watch an ENTIRE FUCKING STORY ANIMATED IN AN AVATAR when it's just supposed to give a representation of yourself in a small image form. Goddamnit this avatar shit is CRAZY! Above stick figure vs wall: the movie, we have waverace superplay. Christ. It's an AVATAR not a MINIVIDEO! @#^$(@*^#@

xexex

Banned
real PS2 internet interface - got canned though

e3p2202.jpg

e3p2203.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:
Man, can't we have a ban on avatars above 50k? This isn't even about 56k users, it's just about how I've noticed most of these animated avatars.... well.... SUCK! Who the fuck will stop and watch an ENTIRE FUCKING STORY ANIMATED IN AN AVATAR when it's just supposed to give a representation of yourself in a small image form. Goddamnit this avatar shit is CRAZY! Above stick figure vs wall: the movie, we have waverace superplay. Christ. It's an AVATAR not a MINIVIDEO! @#^$(@*^#@

hey i'm all for it but first mods have to get the power to change avatars! Only admins do, which makes this enforcement frustrating! 'Cause seriously I've seen avatars over 1MB in size, which is just fucking ridiculous. 700kb is approaching that level of dumb.

kenta

Has no PEINS
duckroll said:
I'm waiting for the day avatars are actually disable-able, I have the "Show Avatars" box unchecked but I still see all these freakin Asian sluts over the side of my screen. The COO really loves seeing that when he walks by!

cvxfreak

I really like XMB. Hope the PSP uses an even fancier version of it. I was hoping they'd put XMB in the PStwo, but oh well.

oatmeal said:
Kotaku has become a complete joke of a site... remember when they posted the Fishie PS3 bashing piece, not once but TWICE :lol ... this site is up there with s p o n g, and i even had it bookmarked once.

They stole that from another forum and I did not bash the PS3, I merely stated it wont be released anytime soon.

crunker99

how many times ar we going to take fake kotaku crap for real yet agaim? this will make 0 out of 3 when they are proven fake.. heres a newsflash KOTAKU = CRAP unless u like to hear about a girl who sells knitted katamari damacy hats on ebay...

satterfield said:
In a round-about way Sony has already confirmed to us that the PS3 will use the same interface as the PSP.

Excellent to hear. I think the crossbar can be cool if implimented right.

Top Bottom