• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 Screen Capture|Video Sharing Thread

Boss Man

I'm assuming something like keepvid.com? Not really sure other than that.
Yeah I just googled something like "download facebook video" and the site actually let me paste the page's source code to get the video from a post that I had marked as "only me" which is interesting.

Here's the site:
http://www.downvids.net/

Hopefully Sony starts to add more options for the Share function soon. Seems like we should be able to just upload straight to YouTube. I'm sure there's a whole host of legal issues to talk big words about before they can though.

Cess007

Yeah I just googled something like "download facebook video" and the site actually let me paste the page's source code to get the video from a post that I had marked as "only me" which is interesting.

I do that, but for some reason, when i upload the video to Youtube, the first secons (5-10, depending of video lenght) always appear in like super-low. After that, the resolution goes up and the video looks fine.

My first next gen knife kill.

GVutXdK.gif

Angelcurio

For the third time already, since no o e has answered me in other threads, but i decided to share part of the intro cutscene in Battlefield 4 last night, but today when i entered Facebook i was greeted with a notification for violation of copyright material. I want to know if this is normal, because i can´t see the use of sharing videos from consoles on facebook if the publishers are going to flags those videos as copyright material.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
You can change the share button setting which allows you to take screenshots without interrupting your gameplay.

hjeI2lb.jpg

In my personal experience, the easy share mode completely breaks the auto-recording of video though due to a bug. So I keep it on Standard to ensure it functions properly. Your mileage may vary.

genbatzu

White Whale hunting in AC4: Black Flag

it's my first "real" PS4 shared video, with a defined beginning and end xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXYNDnquzx4 720p only, looks like it's the default for PS4 -> Share on Facebook -> Rip to PC -> upload to youtube

also thx for the tips with the share button shortcuts, will look into it at home!

R_Deckard

So, I uploaded a Killzone clip to Facebook.(had to create an account for it, because I don't want to share clips on my regular account)

Can you see it?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=710116222334051

Oh my god how bad was that guy in the corner that you shot and then killed?

Then again how did you miss he was not dead from you shooting him..LOL.

I need to stick some of mine Up but the quality is so poor on FB I will use my Capture Card.

Oh my god how bad was that guy in the corner that you shot and then killed?

Then again how did you miss he was not dead from you shooting him..LOL.

I need to stick some of mine Up but the quality is so poor on FB I will use my Capture Card.

Give me a break, that was my second online match :D
I probably thought I already killed the guy because the chirp-sound came. Apparently that was the sound for the people dying from the granade.

Taker34

Banned
Tali (Mass Effect) inspired Lambo design from NFS: Rivals. Wish you could do more than changing the colour and preset decals... pretty meh.

BbdiimEIIAAsVsf.jpg:large

BbdizZxIUAAGPy7.jpg:large

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
If you want to just go back to one FB account you could create a list and only put your FB friends that game in that list then when you're setting up your privacy/share settings on PS4 just pick that list.

That would again, exclude any of his PSN friends he is not friends with on FB or, say random GAfers here.

I think the FB uploaded videos, with HD enabled, are servicable quality-wise. They're sadly compressed by FB after they're uploaded via PSN though (say you upload a 200mb video, the FB HD video will then be aroun 50mb when downloaded from the site).

R_Deckard

Give me a break, that was my second online match :D
I probably thought I already killed the guy because the chirp-sound came. Apparently that was the sound for the people dying from the granade.

Ha Ha! No man I am only yanking yah crank, A 5 kill Multi on your first game..Good Play :)

genbatzu

So if I set my PS4/Facebook to share to a certain list by default, does that mean if I link stuff here you guys can't see it? It needs to be public for that? I don't really want to spam my facebook page with pictures and videos, but I do want to share them via link on GAF.

For example, here's a Contrast picture:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10101948278646045&l=ef5d54e292

Is it working?

it's working for me ~

here's La Dama Negra Legendary Ship Battle from Assassins Creed IV. I cleared all 4 yesterday evening, but with 400KB/s up it takes a while to upload them all xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS7i5_A0bJw

Liamario

Banned
Can someone please explain to me how it is that my last 15 minutes of video haven't been recorded (at least when I go to upload, the video isn't there.) There are plenty of other videos which I didn't choose to record which have been saved!
Is this a bug, or do I need this explained to me like I'm a 5 year old.

Does the PS4 record 15 and then restart the timer, or is it the 15 minutes from when you hit the share button?

Can someone please explain to me how it is that my last 15 minutes of video haven't been recorded (at least when I go to upload, the video isn't there.) There are plenty of other videos which I didn't choose to record which have been saved!
Is this a bug, or do I need this explained to me like I'm a 5 year old.

Does the PS4 record 15 and then restart the timer, or is it the 15 minutes from when you hit the share button?

Neither. It keeps a buffer of the last 15 minutes. Once you press the share button you can save it. However it sometimes bugs out and stops the buffer and once you press the share button what you get isn't actually the last 15 minutes, but a some random block of 15 minutes that happened before.

Liamario

Banned
Neither. It keeps a buffer of the last 15 minutes. Once you press the share button you can save it. However it sometimes bugs out and stops the buffer and once you press the share button what you get isn't actually the last 15 minutes, but a some random block of 15 minutes that happened before.

Thanks Murph. It seems to be quite a regular occurance now, that the clip I want to see has instead been replaced with a completely different unwanted clip. The only option I suppose it to purpose start the recording myself every single time. Is this something that Sony are aware of?

Thanks Murph. It seems to be quite a regular occurance now, that the clip I want to see has instead been replaced with a completely different unwanted clip. The only option I suppose it to purpose start the recording myself every single time. Is this something that Sony are aware of?

What's your share settings? Is it on easy screenshot mode? I've personally found that it has problems when set on easy screenshot mode rather then the default scheme.

On topic. Got another funny moment from BF4 today.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c4-feed-u&v=DMkQygkF4Xo

kanuuna

My PS4 copy of Battlefield 4 hit the mailbox Yesterday. Contrary to what I had read, the game didn't crash at the end of every game. I guess those recent patches did some work.
I stabbed some dudes and hit the SHARE button. Kinda wish I hadn't pushed as soon as I did, because I ended up stabbing two more dudes in the face in the next minute.

Facebook (Direct .mp4, least compressed)
YouTube

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
My PS4 copy of Battlefield 4 hit the mailbox Yesterday. Contrary to what I had read, the game didn't crash at the end of every game. I guess those recent patches did some work.
I stabbed some dudes and hit the SHARE button. Kinda wish I hadn't pushed as soon as I did, because I ended up stabbing two more dudes in the face in the next minute.

YouTube

Seems like they solved a lot of the problems. Ironically the newer maps seem to have a little less destruction but it seems like the base maps with lots of collapsing buildings crash more.

lemmykoopa

YouTube

Hah, well played :)

NJShadow

Pretty incredible final moments of the 'Need for Speed: Rivals' racer campaign (minor spoilers, but since there isn't much of a story, don't worry about it). Not to toot my own horn, but they should really consider using this in an ad for the game. The first phrase that came to my mind when playing this portion was "Roads? Where we're going we don't need... roads..."

Remember to hit "HD" for the best quality. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202230701626671&l=4716766004482100815

Additionally, here's one of the more rare achievements in the game (not trophy related). Scoring the "Color Splash" paint-job for the Pagani Huayra. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202442245875145&l=6238653524281341769

Oh you know, just Madden and its amazing physics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27OPnVnSQM

I wish they'd fix the share button. I get so many good clips in BF4 that I miss because I'm not constantly hitting record every 15 minutes. I always get 15 minutes from random times its so frustrating :( I got a 5 for 5 all headshots with the M98B last night that was insane and of course I didn't get it.

Top Bottom