• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 Screen Capture|Video Sharing Thread

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet thread idea. I'll be streaming a ton starting Friday. I'll probably focus on Killzone and Battlefield multiplayer, but I'll venture into KZ single player at some point, too. Feel free to follow me on Twitch. I'll make sure to share some of my better clips in this thread.

Ahh, but we all know it should REALLY look like this: :)

ibsxwQPdDtHOpk.png

SOMEONE TWEET THIS TO YOSHIDA.. IT MUST HAPPEN

I like that its got facebook connections. But YT should be there more than anything first.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I created a new Facebook account specifically just for uploading videos. I have maybe five friends in real life who play games, lol. The rest of them don't want to be spammed with this stuff.

But yeah, as others have said, export to Youtube needs to happen asap. I hope PS4 users can get their streams archived on Twitch at some point, too. Do normal users have that feature by default?

MavFan619

Banned
Can't wait for these features when more fighting games are around I will use share a lot. Might test stream day 1 as well.

foladar

Wonder how long that HDCP patch will take, bought my Avermedia for use with the PS4 and can't even use it since the splitter I bought won't work properly. Seems like most of the capture features are coming 'later'

Oh wow, so twitch archiving is not going to be supported at launch, I wonder why that is :/

Several tens of thousands of people attempting to stream on launch day is bad enough. Storing that flood as archives will probably blow up Twitch's network.

Samus4145

I planned on starting a live stream Friday around noon eastern time, showing the entire PS4 process from unboxing to setting up the system (good/bad idea?).

After that streaming of multiple games, but not through the included streaming app. Using the same setup I used for PS3.

Haven't streamed since extra life, so it should be fun.

http://www.twitch.tv/selectbutton

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I planned on starting a live stream Friday around noon eastern time, showing the entire PS4 process from unboxing to setting up the system (good/bad idea?).

After that streaming of multiple games, but not through the included streaming app. Using the same setup I used for PS3.

Good idea for those in Europe who want to see.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Remote play is my #2 most anticipated feature.

This is my #1 by far. Most compelling feature of Next-Gen
Absolutely.

Sweet, I followed you.

neobiz

I created a new Facebook account specifically just for uploading videos. I have maybe five friends in real life who play games, lol. The rest of them don't want to be spammed with this stuff.

I did the same. I use it for all those things that I really don't want RL people to be bothered with.

So do we know now for a fact that the PS4 can only take ~400 kb compressed jpgs or are there settings to change that?

The PS3 screenshot tool used uncompressed PNGs... (ca. 5 MB each for 1080p). I expected the same for PS4.
Now it's just a "show that moment on facebook" feature :/

Adding better websites for uploading and USB support won't matter if the original image is already borderline unusable for screenshot threads / to show the actual graphics quality.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Reposting this.

1074413_542786569140255_1190188808_o.jpg

This game's map design and spawn system and extremely low health (feels like hardcore on normal), kind of screwed it over as far as making a multiplayer experience that doesn't feel like random dicerolls, but I'm so glad it let me do the above.

KKRT00

Sony dropped the ball with this Sharing system so hard. Seriously why they do not allow for files to be copies into USB drives or uploaded via browser anywhere?

On freaking PS3 You could access Your screenshots from Wipeout, Motorstorm or GT 5 without a problem.

VXLbeast

Reposting this.

1074413_542786569140255_1190188808_o.jpg

This game's map design and spawn system and extremely low health (feels like hardcore on normal), kind of screwed it over as far as making a multiplayer experience that doesn't feel like random dicerolls, but I'm so glad it let me do the above.

One scope for each eye or...?

Also, that upload gif thing needs to be an actual thing.

Sony dropped the ball with this Sharing system so hard. Seriously why they do not allow for files to be copies into USB drives or uploaded via browser anywhere?

On freaking PS3 You could access Your screenshots from Wipeout, Motorstorm or GT 5 without a problem.

I really hope it will be a part of the retail OS soon.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

They will probably patch it in the future.

Top Bottom