• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 System Update 5.50 Beta Adds A Supersampling Option For PS4 Pro

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Finally. Another example of how competition (from Xbox One X in this case) can benefit all users. Should‘ve been an option right from the start.
Let's hope they take their leaf back off MS regarding BC then.

Rayderism

I imagine people with 720p TVs will benefit almost universally. 1080p TVs will only see a benefit from games that render at higher than 1080p. And 4k TVs will likely see no difference and the option will be useless.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I hope this isn’t the main part of the update, I’d much rather a wishlist on PS4 and the ability to track game stats.

INC

Typical! I've been in every ps4 FW beta, and the only one I care about I don't get an invite for lol

DarkestHour

Banned
Wow! Play time management is a welcome feature! I don't understand why they say not to share info on the beta yet they publish all the changes publicly. Whatever.

n system software update 5.00 we introduced a range of parental control enhancements. These allowed assigned Family Managers to easily control what each individual child plays, watches and views online.

Weird. I don't recall seeing anything on the PS4 to do any of this.

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

As a non-PS4 Pro owner, no child to raise, 26 year old male: this update is pretty lame. Expected something more substantial.

5 months to release an option to delete notifications. LOL Sony, seriously?

Fnord

As a non-PS4 Pro owner, no child to raise, 26 year old male: this update is pretty lame. Expected something more substantial.

5 months to release an option to delete notifications. LOL Sony, seriously?

I'll never understand this mindset. Not every feature is going to appeal to every user. That doesn't make the update "lame," it just means it lately doesn't apply to you specifically. And it certainly doesn't mean that all of the features that don't apply to you didn't take development time.

TGO

Got my code but nothing happens just says promotion applied, software update option says I've got the latest firmware

TGO

Ok my Pro just hardlocked for no reason WTF
Edit: now its stuck at 26% on checking system storage

Edit 2:
Thanks Venuspower that worked.
What are Team Logos?

Last edited:

INC

Actually it has, was glitches, thanks you for share

Nice welcome to neogaf after lurking for like years ;)

TGO

Oh it actually notifies you that supersampling it enabled when booting a game , just testing TEW2

INC

Just tried bf4 it enables but felt jittery

Could be the server, more testing is need on my end

River

Neo Member
Looking for a US code if anyone has a spare. I'm on a PRO with a 1080p TV so I'd definitely appreciate the super sampling.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Best new feature for me: the ability to hide stuff from the [Purchased] menu in the library. Goodbye old betas and demos.

Mathrin

Sony said:
As requested, we’re adding a function that will allow you to hide certain applications under the ‘Purchased’ tab in the Library. In ‘Options,’ you can hide content including betas, trials or demos of games that you may not be going back to.

FINALLY. Jesus christ its taken too long for htis. Atleast I can get rid of the 3 Destiny betas and all the other guff clogging up my list.

Red-Town

“You can now customize logos and backgrounds with your favorite images. Customize any of the following.
-Team logo
-Team cover image
-Background image for the home screen
-Image for the message group”

Top Bottom