• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 Exclusive "God Slayer" Announced | Coming in 2027

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Their existing game, which I've never heard of has 11,000+ reviews and is at a "Very positive" average:

At least indicates there is some solid talent there.

Not going to shame some small indie dev for announcing early. Projects like that getting attention can draw much needed funding for completion. I doubt Sony is throwing tons of funding at any "China hero project" devs, it's likely more of a "free support" scenario.

Last edited:

Kakax11

Banned
Let's just see one of these Chinese games actually come out.

Just one.
Animated GIF

They do come out but very broken

Neo_game

I am sure there are many talented chinese devs out there not sure why these companies are not investing on them including Tencnet

fart town usa

Gold Member
I think this is the same project that gave us 'Immortal Legacy: The Jade Cipher' for PSVR. Janky indie game but honestly far far better than you'd expect. It's like Uncharted meets Resident Evil.

Definitely curious about this.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I am also very much in the 'until I see one of these games actually come out it's all fucking vaporware' camp.

Aenima

Announcing a game 4 years early. Lol very funny.

Just like that man monkey actiongame that was announced 3 years ago and no news about it.

Just scams and garbage
Last news about that game was at the begining of this year. A motion stop video to anounce the release of the game to 2024.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Why the hell announce a game 3 and a half years early…. I get they are trying to get devs, but way too early.
Because it's part of China Hero Project, an incubation program where Sony backs and guides a small studio (usually start-ups; this is the first AFAIK from a published studio) for a new project. There was a gaming event in Singapore called ChinaJoy (sort of E3 for that territory, ) and CHP usually announces its new inductees at that event.

...The OP kind of let this get hyped as an "announcement", as if Sony is actively promoting this game for 2027, but they're actually promoting the program. The game won't be talked about as something consumers should plan on until a few years later.

Probably next year, they will announce the first India Hero Project partners too, and those games are just getting started as of this May, so same thing will happen then.

Last edited:

Lupin25

You would’ve thought they’ve just started development with a release that far off. Pretty crazy.

However, it is part of a small project Sony has helped assemble. Not a lot of people are developing this it seems, hopefully it turns out well for all of the inductees in the program.

Top Bottom