• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Yeah, sure! Same here, what TV are you using?

LG CX

Got one of those controller faceplates today. Very easy to install.

28AtAuy.png

Disregard cat hair. damn white cat

Very nice!

OnionSnake

Banned
We had been using a Sony X900F in our house the last couple years, and it is an amazing gaming TV, but I saw the LG in action a few months ago and had to have one. Just a pristine image. Incredible gaming TV.
I had been using some cheap Hisense TV that said it was 4K HDR but now having used the LG CX I think they lied about the HDR aspect lol. This TV looks so amazing with the PS5 and my shield pro

Jebron

Was watching this video on the volumetric fog and reflections fix that was pushed out in patch 1.31 yesterday on PS5. I noticed they said that the PS5 runs The Division 2 the majority of the time barely over 1080p, while Series X runs TD2 at-or-near 4K the entire time. What gives here? There's so many under-performing games on PS5 using the PS4 backwards compatibility mode that it's kind of making me nervous about the future of my PS5.

Was watching this video on the volumetric fog and reflections fix that was pushed out in patch 1.31 yesterday on PS5. I noticed they said that the PS5 runs The Division 2 the majority of the time barely over 1080p, while Series X runs TD2 at-or-near 4K the entire time. What gives here? There's so many under-performing games on PS5 using the PS4 backwards compatibility mode that it's kind of making me nervous about the future of my PS5.

I don't think it is anything to worry about. The systems handle BC very differently, from what I understand.

If I was informed correctly, the XsX can basically use it's full power to enhance BC games, while the PS5 basically downclocks to mimic the Pro in games like this, or something like that.

Additionally, this whole patch situation with the "PS5 version" of Division 2 (it isn't PS5 native, it is still running in BC) seems less than optimal.

Jebron

I don't think it is anything to worry about. The systems handle BC very differently, from what I understand.

If I was informed correctly, the XsX can basically use it's full power to enhance BC games, while the PS5 basically downclocks to mimic the Pro in games like this, or something like that.

Additionally, this whole patch situation with the "PS5 version" of Division 2 (it isn't PS5 native, it is still running in BC) seems less than optimal.
I hope you're correct, and the whole situation is definitely not ideal. Hopefully the "PS5" versions of cross-platform games start rolling out and deliver more parity between the systems.

MS gives a lot more attention to BC than Sony. That's it. If you're interested in the best experience in BC games you probably want to go with XBox.

DapperSloth

Got a 65" C9 here but got 4 vertical lines of banding unfortunately running across the screen. Nothing LG can do since it is within their parameters. Hopefully the new C1 2021 model has barely next to zero 5% gray uniformity and banding.

The patch for the Division 2 PS5 is faulty and DF has reported this to the developers, while it is working as intended on the Xbox Series X, so that's why.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
i was waiting for a long time for good monitor 4k 32¨ with HDR for reasonable price. but those never came out.
then i saw LG CX and decided to try one, so i bought it 48¨. have nothing to say apart that this TV is amazing. Panel from my stand of view is flawless too.
using the TV as monitor.
there just one problem, that i can't decide, to make this TV as permanent solution as monitor, or just use it as media player/gaming tv? because i have simple 4k monitor, and i can use it for browsing and other static staff...

all in all i wanted to say that i am rocking CX as well :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
i was waiting for a long time for good monitor 4k 32¨ with HDR for reasonable price. but those never came out.
then i saw LG CX and decided to try one, so bought it 48¨. have nothing to say apart that this TV is amazing. Panel from my stand of view is flawless too.
using the TV as monitor.
there just one problem, that i can't decided, to make this TV as permanent solution as monitor, or just use it as media player/gaming tv? because i have simple 4k monitor, and i can use it for browsing and other static staff...

all in all i wanted to say that i am rocking CX as well :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Playing Spider-Man: Remastered on this bad boy is such a pleasure. Looks so clean.

Just a great, great TV

I hook my PC up to it sometimes, but still mostly use my 1440p/144hz monitor for PC gaming.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yes I remember reading on youtube from some reviewers that they aren't happy with the Bass level in pulse 3D. Glad to hear that's not the case for you. I can't wait to get my hands on it, err more like my ears on it :messenger_smiling_hearts:

The bass is just perfect on Pulse 3D, not overwhelming and very clean. If you play WD:L you'll be mind-blown while listening to music in cars and on the streets and the feel of locality. At some point you'll be in a party and you'll genuinely feel like you are in a party with how the bass feels there.

What's more important is that the trebles are so clean, overall clarity is top.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

So what's destruction Allstars like? are people enjoying it?
It's not as bad as I thought, but the balancing of the characters is weak. Some make it winning matches quite easy, with others it's a struggle because their hero vehicles are either weak or they have crappy abilities.

I don't have any complaints with userbase staying quite healthy. I've tried all modes and there were always other people to play with.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
How mighty has fallen, those guys were behind PGR and Blur. Well a lot of the scattered to Evolution (rip), Codemasters and Plaground, but still.

Some are liking it though. If it introduces a Twisted-metal-like mode that you shoot bullets and missiles it can jump from 6 to 10!

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Some are liking it though. If it introduces a Twisted-metal-like mode that you should guns and missiles it can jump from 6 to 10!
Sure it does maybe play on those sentimental notes, that it brings memories from childhood, but from what I've read, the appeal is just not there and also the longetivity seems to be limited. But I've just read that here and read some comments on the interwebs.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
There's a reason they put it into psn+ day 1

Otherwise it would be as "successfull" as All Stars before it.

Simply put, it's extremely lacking in content, also there are many OP characters that make many others useless. Thinking it'll be released outside PS Plus will make it a complete failure. Sony figured out how Lucid fucked up here and pushed it back and included it in PS Plus and see the reactions.

cragarmi

Simply put, it's extremely lacking in content, also there are many OP characters that make many others useless. Thinking it'll be released outside PS Plus will make it a complete failure. Sony figured out how Lucid fucked up here and pushed it back and included it in PS Plus and see the reactions.
Also I can't get used to the camera view point, it seems too low? The on foot controls are garbage too! It could pull a Fortnite with a new mode making it vastly more popular, but at present I don't see it gaining popularity, even if they release it on everything. It's a shame really as there is some potential under the surface.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Also I can't get used to the camera view point, it seems too low? The on foot controls are garbage too! It could pull a Fortnite with a new mode making it vastly more popular, but at present I don't see it gaining popularity, even if they release it on everything. It's a shame really as there is some potential under the surface.

I was so excited for this game, and I hope they add a twisted metal mode that you use vehicles with guns and missiles etc! Also my account is US so they force me to go to US host, which is 250-350ms latency!

Mr Hyde

The Sinking City is coming to PS5 on February 19th.

4k/60. Faster loading times. DualSense support and more.

Very excited for this. Loved this game to death, but I played it on the Switch and it had a lot of jank and technical shortcomings. It was a solid port nonetheless and I had great fun, but playing it on the PS5 will be a much welcomed improvement. Especially the loading times that was very long on Switch.

Last edited:
I popped the plates off my PS5 yesterday to do some deeper cleaning other than my usual weekly vacuum/dusting/gentle wipe down routine

I was surprised how clean it was. I have it on for at least a few hours literally every day since launch and when I used my mini vac to clean out the fan and the dust vents there wasn't much in there. The inner plate side was clean too.

The process of popping plates on and off is really simple too. For anyone afraid to do so, don't worry, you won't break anything. You just lift that corner slightly and pull down. Popping them back into place is very simple and feels satisfying when you hear it click back in.

The design of this console has really grown on me. It runs so cool and quiet, and stays clean with just minimal upkeep on my part.

Well done, Sony.

Okay, I gotta get the Fenyx Rising Plat this week, then work on Valhalla

Sony is really dropping the ball on MP only games, first Predator: Hunting Grounds now Destruction All-Stars.

Bring MAG back.

I really miss Resistance multiplayer. Loved it. Underrated MP mode

I even enjoyed Killzone SF multiplayer, it didn't have aim assist so people using XIM adapters had even bigger advantages than usual though

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

The Sinking City is coming to PS5 on February 19th.

4k/60. Faster loading times. DualSense support and more.

Very excited for this. Loved this game to death, but I played it on the Switch and it had a lot of jank and technical shortcomings. It was a solid port nonetheless and I had great fun, but playing it on the PS5 will be a much welcomed improvement. Especially the loading times that was very long on Switch.

why is this making rounds today? I've seen this in multiple places.
This, vampyr and call of cthulhu all came at the same time and all got same reviews.
Is this good?

Mr Hyde

why is this making rounds today? I've seen this in multiple places.
This, vampyr and call of cthulhu all came at the same time and all got same reviews.
Is this good?

I reckon it's because it releases tomorrow. I loved The Sinking City. I'm a huge fan of H.P Lovecraft and loved the story, world building and lore. Great atmosphere which gets really creepy at times. The combat is mediocre and sluggish, but I don't really care. I understand this game is not everyones cup of tea, especially after the middling reviews, but to me The Sinking City was one of the best games last year. A true sleeper hit.
liked Vampyr a lot more than this game, but a lot of people liked TSC so maybe I have bad taste

I thought Vampyr was very good too. Another game with great atmosphere and a compelling story. I hope Dontnod releases a PS5 upgrade for this one as well.

Last edited:
And its officia: my left analog stick has drift issues :( !! Damn it, never had this problem with DS4.

Unfortunately, I have noticed this as well. Started a few days ago. My left stick, probably from playing the shit out of Control and using L3 to sprint, based on what I read. It is very slight right now and hasn't impacted my gaming much at all, so I haven't gone the warranty route yet.

First time I have ever had a drift issue with a PlayStation controller. Was bound to happen one day. If it doesn't get worse I will be fine with it, right now it's barely noticeable. I mostly only see it pop up when I am trying to navigate inventory menus and the drift makes the cursor go down instead of staying where I want it to be.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Unfortunately, I have noticed this as well. Started a few days ago. My left stick, probably from playing the shit out of Control and using L3 to sprint, based on what I read. It is very slight right now and hasn't impacted my gaming much at all, so I haven't gone the warranty route yet.

First time I have ever had a drift issue with a PlayStation controller. Was bound to happen one day. If it doesn't get worse I will be fine with it, right now it's barely noticeable. I mostly only see it pop up when I am trying to navigate inventory menus and the drift makes the cursor go down instead of staying where I want it to be.
seriously. Clicking sticks when they are tilted should be a federal offense. I hate sprinting like this

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The bass is just perfect on Pulse 3D, not overwhelming and very clean. If you play WD:L you'll be mind-blown while listening to music in cars and on the streets and the feel of locality. At some point you'll be in a party and you'll genuinely feel like you are in a party with how the bass feels there.

What's more important is that the trebles are so clean, overall clarity is top.
Could not agree more. Bought them just recently and they sound great for the price, you just can't beat them on that. The noise cancellation is fantastic as well. My buddies had to ask, "dude, you there." several times when I first used them because it blocks out everything in the background.

Buddy who was using the Arctis 7 was impressed when he picked them up, noticed a big difference in bass quality, especially for the price difference.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Could not agree more. Bought them just recently and they sound great for the price, you just can't beat them on that. The noise cancellation is fantastic as well. My buddies had to ask, "dude, you there." several times when I first used them because it blocks out everything in the background.

Buddy who was using the Arctis 7 was impressed when he picked them up, noticed a big difference in bass quality, especially for the price difference.

I'm very happy with them, and can't see myself buying another headset anytime soon unless Sony releases a new PS headset. I'll stick with PS headsets for PS5.

they sound great for the price, you just can't beat them on that.

Sony has had great offerings in this regard. I bought my Golds for like 90 bucks, then my Plats for 110 bucks or so on Amazon. For the price, the sound quality on those two sets is amazing. Those two sets got me through pretty much all of last gen.

I have been using a couple different sets with my PS5 so far, but plan on checking out the Pulse 3Ds when I see a good deal for them. I used to love my Arctis 7's but haven't used them in awhile, been alternating between a couple newer pairs.

Professional reviewers love to ding 100 dollar headsets for not matching certain qualities of 600 dollar studio cans, that never really felt fair to me.

Top Bottom