• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Where does it show time played per game? Trophy section? It’s not there for me, is it a setting I need to enable?

sandkiller

Why ??

PS5 Vertical Stand

71GNcjG2cfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

k1m1d4n

Can anyone help me? I simply do not see the upgrade buttons for my games.
Hope this helps.
I have miles morales ps4 digital version and to download the ps5 version I just went to the ps store and selected the ps5 version on options. You can also do this on your smartphone app.
For sackboy which I bought physical, I just put the ps4 disc on ps5 and when the icon for the game appears you press down and to the right of the screen the option to download the ps5 version for free appears.

Last edited:

SCB3

Alright can I declare Astrobot as GotY, such a charming little game and a great nostalgia hit

Also, the PS APP is really useful now, I was downloading a bunch of games and it tells me when its finished, a nice little feature, I only wish I could see the DL percentage from it

GymWolf

I'm gonna get my ps5 in about an hour, any hided\important settings or stuff to do during the first boot up??

Is the ds5 usually fully charged from people experience in here?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
So, spent five hours with my Ps5 so far. Here are my initial thoughts:

Dualsense is something else. Playing Astrobot is great. Not sure I’d want such a high level of feedback for every game, but it’s a next level controller, no doubt.

Astrobot just puts a massive smile on your face. Such a hugely fun game for free.

Audio is on another level from Ps4. Both from my 7.1 soundbar and the controller.

Visual quality on my LG CX is incredible. My eyes are bleeding. Also, the integration between Ps5 and TV is great.

SSD speed is a huge QoL improvement.

Got temporarily lost in Gates Of Boletaria. The shame.

Last edited:

wvnative

Anyone know how to gameshare between a PS4 and PS5? Buddy and I have gameshared for years on PS4, but he isn't upgrading for a long time to come. Wanna figure this out so I can drop my PS4 entirely.

D-Dude

Anyone know how to gameshare between a PS4 and PS5? Buddy and I have gameshared for years on PS4, but he isn't upgrading for a long time to come. Wanna figure this out so I can drop my PS4 entirely.

Same as before, I share with my friend. His PS5 came today, but mine is due in December. He activated his ps5 on my account and he can play my games, I still can acces his account on ps4, and visa verse.

wvnative

Same as before, I share with my friend. His PS5 came today, but mine is due in December. He activated his ps5 on my account and he can play my games, I still can acces his account on ps4, and visa verse.

You can also play the same games at the same time?

JonkyDonk

It's so fucking surreal finally having this thing. It's probably close to a year that I've been anticipating this and I actually have it here for real!

Astro is so charming and lovely. The haptics and triggers feel a lot more subtle than I thought, it's not as intense as some people said. It just felt like a very natural part of the experience that enhances each part of the gameplay. The UI and speed of everything is nice and snappy. Download and install speeds are super fast too.

The only downside is the noise of the disc drive during install. I think because of the hard surface the console is on, it causes a vibration as the disc is spinning, maybe putting something soft under it would help dampen it. But when playing a game I didn't hear any audible sound from the console at all.

Already got Bugsnax, Days Gone and GoT installed, and Demon's Souls is next. I'm just hoping that none of the crashes and bugs happen to me. Overall really happy with this thing, can't wait to really start digging into some games.

Last edited:

Burger

Bit of a shambles from 3rd parties.

-Valhalla Disc has no 'Upgrade' to PS5 ver.
-Watchdogs 3 Cloud Save - Download Failed.
-Borderlands 3 Digital - No Upgrade ver available.

Leopold

Apparently, games have their upgrades locked behind region lock. I am trying to solve it...

Rolla

Banned
I installed 3 games which somehow uninstal themselves after I play them?

Is that common and if so, is there a fix/work around?

DarkBatman

I just put in the Valhalla disc and was able to upgrade to PS5 immediately.
German version of the game - what's yours?

Kerotan

My friend did a speed test and got 900Mb download 150mb upload.

I did it and got 30mp download and 15mb upload. My Internet is 150mb/s.

He did his test this morning. Has it just slowed because everyone is now on?

Also would you trust putting your ps5 in your routers DMZ to get Nat type 1. I did it with PS4 no problem.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
btw, where can I report sony this crazy thing?!
Media Markt in Poland, put up ps5's for 1000euro on allegro.pl (polish amazon) instead of local stores or media markt website.... On their official channel. They scalped the consoles.

Got a weird issue. The front usb A port doesnt seem to charge my controller or ps4 2.0 headset, but rear ports do. But if i plug my usb dongle in for the headset, the light comes on and it connects to the headset. Anyone elses do this?

GymWolf

I have to say that against all the expectations, the console is not really that big, it's like a more stylish ps3 fat.

The ds5 feel a bit strange but it's probably because i mostly used my nacon pro rev 2 in the last 2 years, the "handles" are very pointy:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Time to try astro (mostly for the ds5 implementation, i don't really care about the game) and chipmunk morales 🕺

Top Bottom