• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Celcius

°Temp. member
Steam's refund policy had me spoiled I guess... if I buy a game and download it to my console (which I usually do immediately after buying a game), even if I haven't played it, I can't request a refund?
I better be more careful

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I’ve got around £280 maybe £300 saved towards additional storage, I’m hoping I might be able to go to 2Tb for this.

Note use of word hoping!

hemo memo

Gold Member
Steam's refund policy had me spoiled I guess... if I buy a game and download it to my console (which I usually do immediately after buying a game), even if I haven't played it, I can't request a refund?
I better be more careful

Even then it is not guaranteed.

Hi guys!!is this a normal coil whine sound situation from my ps5?

Been using mine since nov 14th, runs whisper quiet outside of occasional disc spinning sounds. My usage has been heavy on the console, running between Demon's souls+Days Gone+Warzone+ColdWar ranging between 6-8 hour sessions at a stretch.

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
Guys, who tried playing blu-ray movies? I don't have sound.

Turn on bitstream encoding in the BD player menu while the movie is playing.

if that doesn’t work then you need to check if you have Dolby/DTS bitstream audio set at the system level rather than PCM.

spartan30gr

That stand isn’t on properly though. I don’t know if that is deliberate to record the noise but if not it could be something to do with it.
Sorry but its not the stand to make this noise louder.its not the disk drive either.This pitcing anoying noise is come when i play digital ps5 games.

Mr Hyde

Finally got refunded for accidentally buying one year PS Now instead of PS Plus. I got the full amount back and it took about 2 weeks.

Mixed reception to Sonys customer support here. I got refunded, which obviously is what counts, but I was redirected three times for apparently sending my application to the wrong region, despite me accessing the customer support through the Swedish website. I was about to give up and just say fuck it, and use PS Now for a year since I payed for it, when I suddenly got confirmation about Sony refunding me.

I take it that they have their hands tied at the moment with the launch of PS5. Seems chaotic to say the least. In the future I'll be more careful when buying on the store. Still to much hassle and uncertainty in the digital market what rights you have and where to go when things go awry.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

But anyway, it's good to know that you can resolve issues like this over the phone with them.

It wasn't through phone. I sent an application for refunds through their official website. They had different sections there about what type of refund you're requesting (games, subscription etc) and then you write your online ID and transaction number, among other information, and mail it to them.

Havocj17

Neo Member
Not sure if it has been addressed but has sony commented on why remote play on android works with the ds4 but not the dual sense? Had to go out and buy an additional controller for no reason....hoping I can return it when they get their act together.

Last edited:

xacto

Question for the guys that already own a PS5:

I've been playing AC Valhalla on the PS4 so far, having bought the PS4/PS5 version from the store. All my game saves are uploaded in the cloud; when I will play that game on PS5, will the PS4 saves be available to download onto the PS5, from the cloud?

I was under the impression that you only see the spiderman splash screens once then never again. Ive seen that sony/insomniac/marvel shit too many times and i cant even skip it.

kikonawa

I've been playing AC Valhalla on the PS4 so far, having bought the PS4/PS5 version from the store. All my game saves are uploaded in the cloud; when I will play that game on PS5, will the PS4 saves be available to download onto the PS5, from the cloud?
Yes you can download them offcourse. Otherwise there wouldnt be a point in backwards compatibility

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I was under the impression that you only see the spiderman splash screens once then never again. Ive seen that sony/insomniac/marvel shit too many times and i cant even skip it.

I might have read it wrong but I believe you can press X and skip it now whereas before it was probably always mandatory. I don’t think it was ever the case watch it once and then never see it again, just the option to skip it by pressing a button.

Happy to be corrected.

k1m1d4n

I might have read it wrong but I believe you can press X and skip it now whereas before it was probably always mandatory. I don’t think it was ever the case watch it once and then never see it again, just the option to skip it by pressing a button.

Happy to be corrected.
you see splash screens every time you switch games. If you just play one game it will never show again.

Bol.com in The Netherlands have some in stock now. I managed to scoop one. Delivery time: 10th of December.

fHFQfaa.png

Last edited:

Burger

Yes, but not in the way that you think. It has to be done from within the game - it's a publisher/developer implemented solution. You cannot download your PS4 save from the PSPlus cloud - as the PS5 version of the game will not see it.

xacto

Yes, but not in the way that you think. It has to be done from within the game - it's a publisher/developer implemented solution. You cannot download your PS4 save from the PSPlus cloud - as the PS5 version of the game will not see it.

How do you do it from within the game then?

Burger

How do you do it from within the game then?

I think it varies, even across Ubisoft. Valhalla is automatic I think. Watchdogs has a download from cloud button. Borderlands has an 'upload to cloud' option in the main menu.

It's a bit shit really.

Given up for the time being on Sackboy's Platinum hunt. Need the online patch anyway.

Knitted Knight Trials Ultimate Challenge Gold is pissing me off wayyyy too much. Ain't nobody got time for that with my backlog in wait.

Demon Souls here I come.

Last edited:

DaveinAmaze

Neo Member
Are you guys using an external hdd or ssd with your ps5?
I recently bought a 2tb external hdd during Black Friday but haven’t opened it yet. Trying to decide if it’s worth paying about an extra $100cdn to get a 1tb ssd instead. Half the space but quicker load times.

for those of you using an external ssd, do you keep it plugged into the front usb c port? Will it be just as fast if you plug it in one of the back USB ports? Would prefer to not have it plugged in the front of my console all the time if I do get one

Grinchy

Banned
After a relatively embarrassing amount of hours played on PS5 now, I have come to the concrete conclusion that the Pulse 3D headset is uncomfortable as hell. Even the old fighter pilot PS3 headset is magnitudes more comfortable.

Making the cups circular was the dumbest move. I still like using them more than my 5.1 system for PS5 games, but damn do they clamp down too much on the sides of the head and because of being circular, they are always pressing on some part of the ear. Awful design.

After a relatively embarrassing amount of hours played on PS5 now, I have come to the concrete conclusion that the Pulse 3D headset is uncomfortable as hell. Even the old fighter pilot PS3 headset is magnitudes more comfortable.

Making the cups circular was the dumbest move. I still like using them more than my 5.1 system for PS5 games, but damn do they clamp down too much on the sides of the head and because of being circular, they are always pressing on some part of the ear. Awful design.
How is the 3D audio? Can you actually hear a difference between the Pulse 3D headset and any other random stereo headset?

Grinchy

Banned
How is the 3D audio? Can you actually hear a difference between the Pulse 3D headset and any other random stereo headset?
I haven't bothered to plug in another headset, but I like the 3D audio implementation quite a bit. It makes me think we will hear some cool stuff as the generation moves along.

I did one time have to plug my Pulse directly into the controller because the battery had died. What I found was that the volume level was just set and couldn't be changed with the controls on the headset and you could no longer balance the audio between game and party chat. Maybe you can change some of those things deep in the audio settings of the system, but I did not enjoy having it plugged into the 3.5mm jack as much.

Imtjnotu

This is why I am using the black shark v2 pro. I sold all 3 of the pulse headsets I got

Mr Hyde

I felt the same way in the beginning. They were straining on the right ear in particular and felt uncomfortable all the time. Very annoying to the point of actually regretting my purchase.

But after a while it actually got better for me, and the cups started to feel less uncomfortable on the ears. I don't know if I got used to the headset or something, but it improved. I still think circular cups is a dumb design though, it could've been much better going for regular design.

Top Bottom