• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Released 3 Years Ago Today!

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I wouldn't say the consoles design is safe. Heck they even took risks designing the controller. If they didn't nail handling varible clocks or did a good job with the Dualsense it could have ended badly for them. Still remember how the variable clocks was supposed to be some huge mistake but thankfully it wasn't one for them.

Then again I think your talking about the software which your correct in a way. But playing it safe with some titles also helped the PS5s console and software sales so it wasn't necessarily all bad.

I think the hardware is awesome, and completely agree.

It was the software that I was commenting on, not the hardware.

I think the hardware is awesome, and completely agree.

It was the software that I was commenting on, not the hardware.

Yep but playing it safe with some titles helped it a lot. Just look at what happened with GoW and Spider-Man. You have to be butt hurt moron to say those titles didn't sell a ton or help sell systems.

If that's the case, then in comparison with 3 years of PS4 we can include stuff like The Last of Us 1 Remaster, Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 collection, LittleBigPlanet 3, God of War III Remastered, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls and more.

Shit first 3 years, no matter how you look at it. And 2024 is not looking too hot either, at least from what was revealed.
If you can't understand the difference between remaster and remake then this is pointless.

There's a reason why i didn't fight you on Ghost of Tsushima, Sackboy, etc...

You also didn't answer me to my other point which is, why is TLOU Remake a PS3 game, but Resident Evil 4 Remake isn't a Gamecube game?

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
You also didn't answer me to my other point which is, why is TLOU Remake a PS3 game, but Resident Evil 4 Remake isn't a Gamecube game?

I never said that RE4 is a GameCube game, you came up with that. It’s a remake of a GameCube game same as The Last of Us Part I is a remake of a PS3 game. And as far as remakes go, RE4 is far, far superior.

Man, first 3 years of this generation truly suck, right?

First year+ was terrible but that was just a by-product of not having a cross-gen games like we have now. I mean just look at this:

PS4 games: Death Stranding, Final Fantasy VII remake, Ghost of Tsushima, Gran Turismo 7, God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Spider-Man, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Uncharted 4.

Remakes of PS4 games: The Last of Us Part I

Remakes of PS3 games: Demon's Souls

PS5 games: Final Fantasy XVI, Spider-Man 2, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Returnal

Misc: Atro's Playroom, Horizon: Call of The Mountain
Please move TLoU to remake of ps3 games, but point still stands yeah. PS5 is fantastic hardware, but I only use it to play PS4 games with better performance if possible for the game

Not like there is an option for that largely, and I did play most actual exclusives already, an underwhelming collection 3 years in.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Yep but playing it safe with some titles helped it a lot. Just look at what happened with GoW and Spider-Man. You have to be butt hurt moron to say those titles didn't sell a ton or help sell systems.

Yeah, but are you playing video games to be happy with what it sells for the manufacturer or to be surprised and entertained?

I'd say you would have to be a crazy moron to be happy with a completely safe game because you know it sold well for its developer. Like, I enjoyed Starfield but i'm not completely happy that its so sterile and safe. Same with Ragnarok.

Top Bottom