• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal on June 4th Postponed

Sony has been infected and totally taken over by C-virus also known as California virus. I long for the days when they were actual Japanese company being run from Tokyo. I know they’re very successful being organized this way but still. Pepperidge farm remembers.

Also, to every European this feels like:

fallingdove

No one cares about any of that, they've continually screwed around their consumer base and it's getting old. They made a pre-recorded video, there's no reason not to release it.
Continually screwed around with their consumer base? Because they made a decision to push a marketing event out a week in recognition of a serious event? Jesus, you have Xbox crammed so far up your ass that you have lost perspective.

Do you know what goes into launching a marketing campaign for a major product? It is a hell of a lot more than uploading a video to YouTube. And you expect that these Sony employees, from all backgrounds, should just ‘power through’ the week?

This is as much about Sony accommodating the mental states of their teams as it is about anything. I appreciate that they would allocate time to processing the situation.

Last edited:

sainraja

They're doing it because they know that the news is dominated by something else and want to wait until the PS5 can be the dominating news.

I guess that is an "important reason" to them, but pretending to do it for good reasons by using a murdered man like some tool is borderline despicable.

No I think that is just how you are trying to paint this to be. Sure it is driven by a business reason but what is impacting that decision is what is going on right now and Sony just like any other business is run by groups of people who can access the situation happening around them and make a decision regarding the business based on that.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
This is all about Xbox Series X, they already revealed their console months ago DURING the COVID too. The only thing good here in SONY is hellbent on winning multiple generations, no backwards compatibility, fine, but we see real games that edges them ahead of anyone.

The question is why did this blow up like it did. The truth is the Intel agencies want Trump out his image hurts the country. The CIA implements these sams tactics when it tries to over throw a leader in another country people start protest and the cops and media put together systems to force riots.

That could be what's happening. Plus it's oddly convenient all of this happened just as places were starting to reopen after closures due to COVID. Does anyone know if Minnesota was one of the more "lax" states when it came to the lockdown measures? I don't remember its reported cases being relatively high compared to, say, New York or California.

It could be these protests and riots are being ginned up to cause a second wave of COVID cases, but even in that measure there are conflicting points of data as to the actual virility of COVID-19, accusations of numbers being fudged, hospitals being financially incentivized to claim COVID cases even if patients don't actually have COVID-19, etc.

If it's some ploy to get rid of Trump, I wouldn't know. I don't care for Trump whatsoever, but it's not like most of the alternatives are that much better when you look at their record. It's arguable if we've even had a genuine President since John F. Kennedy, but that's another discussion.

lol, is that account really not hacked? Why are the answering to every single comment?

Honestly this is getting surreal. They're going above and beyond, but is any of this genuine or is it some stealth trolling? Hacked or not, doesn't really change much.

Still say they should've had a moment of silence and paid respects to the death in a brief intermission while maybe mentioning some charities they're donating to, and they could've done ALL of this during the presentation on the 4th. No one would've mind, it'd of been appreciated and we'd still get the presentation as promised.

Because I just saw a television ad for the show last night and can't start to imagine how much money they've wasted for that now xD.

Last edited:

Frederic

Banned
holy shit

ntwBbL5.jpg

this can't be real right?

Frederic

Banned
But they are virtue signalling, as you call it.

Unless you think it's ok when MS does it.

so what? they are not cancelling stuff. getting a tweet out is something than than being silent a couple of months and then cancel the event, which was going to be in the afternoon anyway, when all the protestors are at home watching netflix

Last edited:

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
This is all about Xbox Series X, they already revealed their console months ago DURING the COVID too. The only thing good here in SONY is hellbent on winning multiple generations, no backwards compatibility, fine, but we see real games that edges them ahead of anyone.

FYI XBOX Series X was revealed in December, and the deep dive videos happened days before America went into full pandemic panic (March 13-16th). So it was before anything was cancelled in America because of COVID.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Lol I'm Russian and my family just talked about this and they sounded like Göbbels reincarnated.
I ain't mad they said it like it is those fucking parasites need to be put down.
Fucking lazy, inbred, disfigured criminals leeching here in our civilisation just end it now.
UNBELIEVABLE this shitstain of a society. The ones who work the least are the ones who scream the most. Let's go nuclear.

Last edited:

Smoke6

It's just a console to you, to me it's a decades long hobby that I've put my life and considerable amount of money in to.

It's just a dude killed by police brutality 🤷‍♂️

Now fuck off to politics or REee I want to discuss video games
The fuck your attacking me for?
I been gaming since before your were A fucking thought!

I came here to counter the political talk and get back to talking about games too!

inthink you have me fucked yo with someone else tough guy!

REE Machine

Banned
You're going to be waiting forever. Anyone who thinks we can get rid of racism 100% is delusional.

And no, I don't say this to be mean. Have you ever tried to make everyone a millionaire but then realize billionaires still exist? That's the problem with "equality".
They not waiting forever they just not doing it on that day because it's the homies memorial service and that day should be used to let voices of the family be heard etc. Wouldn't be surprised if its next thurs before TLOUP2 reviews

I am pretty sure every gaming/electronics related thing I follow on social media has sent out something similar. Sony isn't the only one who delayed an event this week.

Someone way earlier summed it up pretty well. They were damned if the did, damned if they didn't. They would have gotten blasted by the other side's vocal portion for being insensitive or apathetic had they held the event that day.

I know I repeat myself. It is a bummer, and it's definitely all about PR and the market, but it isn't an unprecedented move by a long shot. It seems clear that MS would have delayed an event this week too, had there been one. Just a matter of timing.

The event was planned the day of Floyd's memorial. It was the right call. This site is filled with alt-right ass hats. If you're upset about this you can go fuck yourself. The stream will happen a week or two from now. It will happen. It's the fucking dipshit president you cunts support that led to these events.

Get fucked, all of you.

Last edited:
Fucking stupid virtue signaling fuck

This is correct. Corporations will always support "movements" as long as they are perceived as having a useful woke/social justice angle and they do not attack decades of egregious economic injustice perpetrated by said corporations. They use this virtue signaling as cover and it's quite effective as many (most?) people are ignorant/uneducated, run ragged on the mouse wheel and/or easily distracted.

MiguelItUp

I am pretty sure every gaming/electronics related thing I follow on social media has sent out something similar. Sony isn't the only one who delayed an event this week.

Someone way earlier summed it up pretty well. They were damned if the did, damned if they didn't. They would have gotten blasted by the other side's vocal portion for being insensitive or apathetic had they held the event that day.

I know I repeat myself. It is a bummer, and it's definitely all about PR and the market, but it isn't an unprecedented move by a long shot. It seems clear that MS would have delayed an event this week too, had there been one. Just a matter of timing.
E X A C T L Y.

So many people are freaking out because Sony "took a stance", but honestly if they hadn't addressed it they would've been blasted for it. So, as a result, they took a stance and it's going to work for them as it's positive PR and Marketing that works in their favor. They ARE a business after all. They can agree that Big Floyd's murder was awful and things need to change, but not following in the social movement would've put a larger target on their head. There's no way for them to make everyone happy, however the path they took is one that will certainly give them more positive publicity. 🤷‍♂️

I agree as well, seeing a lot of people say "MS WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS!" are pretty ridiculous. They would've, Nintendo would've as well. It's all timing and the importance of the content that was being shared.

Edit: I just wanted to add that the people that are disappointed that Sony's event has been postponed are NOT racists. Them being disappointed doesn't make them a racist at all, and it's radical to say such a thing. A lot of those folks mislabeling others are the same people that are calling those that aren't out there protesting racists just because they're not out there marching. It's ridiculous. People have their reasons, allow them to theirs as you have yours. Some of them probably share the same opinion, but just because they may not be as passionate as you, doesn't mean they're completely blind to it, and/or are racist.

If anything maybe some of the severely salty and disappointed folks are a tad entitled and only care about themselves, sure. That's much more accurate. But just throwing the racist label onto people is a bit unjust. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I'm hearing their voices all the fucking time, and I'm tired of it. I'd rather hear about games. My life is not on standstill because of the shit going on, I'm still working, I'm still living with the stresses of my life. Video games give me relief from that stress, fuck off with this shit.

That’s a shame, fuck your relief too.

jonnyp

Im 6'3 and 193 pounds and I know Muay Thai
Go back to your cuddles game

I'm 6'5 and have an underarm like Popeye's from fapping. You two don't want to be wholebody fapped into the afterlife!!!

Seriously though, calm down guys. There is no need for this.

I originally thought postponing seemed like pointless posturing, until I heard it was the same day as Floyd's memorial. I think it's respectful to not do it on the same day. It's not the same as supporting violent criminals and looters. We will survive a little more waiting for the reveal of the console and games.

REE Machine

Banned
I'm 6'5 and have an underarm like Popeye's from fapping. You two don't want to be wholebody fapped into the afterlife!!!

Seriously though, calm down guys. There is no need for this.

I originally thought postponing seemed like pointless posturing, until I heard it was the same day as Floyd's memorial. I think it's respectful to not do it on the same day. It's not the same as supporting violent criminals and looters. We will survive a little more waiting for the reveal of the console and games.
Im totally just joking by the way lol

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
The event was planned the day of Floyd's memorial. It was the right call. This site is filled with alt-right ass hats. If you're upset about this you can go fuck yourself. The stream will happen a week or two from now. It will happen. It's the fucking dipshit president you cunts support that led to these events.

Get fucked, all of you.

No it wasn't. The PS5 event was for June 4. The public memorial for George Floyd is on June 8.

P.S. Just because people have opinions you disagree with does not make them alt right.

I'm also not canceling the purchase of my fleet of yachts. Just like you're not canceling your lobotomy.

Geki-D Geki-D , always delivering the very best rational arguments.

The event was planned the day of Floyd's memorial. It was the right call. This site is filled with alt-right ass hats.

Cancelling the event doesn't upset me. I think it was a tactful decision.

Maybe one day you will learn that calling someone an Alt-righter is not an argument.

If you're upset about this you can go fuck yourself. The stream will happen a week or two from now. It will happen. It's the fucking dipshit president you cunts support that led to these events.

Did Trump murder Floyd? Did Trump riot, loot and vandalize?

Get fucked, all of you.

I'm not impressed.

Oh man, you wouldn't say that to my 6'2 192 pound rugby playing ass in person you alt-right fuckboy. I'd beat the everliving fuck out of you.

Sure you would.
You're unbeatable.

Last edited:

REE Machine

Banned
No it wasn't. The PS5 event was for June 4. The public memorial for George Floyd is on June 8.

P.S. Just because people have opinions you disagree with does not make them alt right.

A memorial service will be held in Minneapolis on Thursday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., family attorney Ben Crump said.

Top Bottom