• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal on June 4th Postponed

Not a fan of Sony flaunting around statements "being silent is being complicit"... don't get all high and mighty there...

EZcy_g3XgAcYU8l

what the fuk is this for real
Yeah no. I refuse to believe that's real!

Jacob4815

I don't really give a shit but it's crazy to see the reaction difference here vs. Era. It seems you just have to play a long there or just get banned. Everyone seems so fake with the same opinion on everything. Like bots.

What's wrong with that place? Are those people spambot or lobotomized by some kind of cult?
It's surreal. If we were in 1945 i could imagine an identical forum under the Third Reich.

I was in Resetera only for the news, not for the community, but it's starting to be unconfortable.

I just logged out forever from that place, it's a nightmare.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Preorder cancelled, I mean postponed, but maybe cancelled. It's so lame that they are doing this. Those protesting or rioting are not going to pay attention and everyone else could use a distraction. I could have actually preordered a system if they went live on the 4th. The 12th is right in the middle of a 2 week work thing where I can't really dick around trying to buy something online until after 5PM.

This pretty much confirms that the console is white.

Last edited:
Yeah no. I refuse to believe that's real!

It unfortunately is. Sony's been wokely snapping at anyone that dares doubt or discuss the purity of their intentions.

Eliciel

There's a better response yet:

Hmm, so righteous!
They should have never picked up this kind of discussion and I am relatively certain that someone will soon get some very, very serious discussions internally with global scale video calls to explain himself what he actually thought while answering like this. It's not HIM answering it's Sony. I don't know if he fully understood what he is doing right now.

Last edited:
Really???

because I didn’t know there were people who can read minds and see through someone and their actions from overseas!

every damn company is doing the same damn thing and have been expressing the same sentiments across the board all week long!

like what the actual fuck is wrong with y’all man! It’s just a fucking console and we have people lives out here being ruined from some shit we silently protested about years ago and been praying and shit for the past 400 to get y’all to understand and treat as just as equally as our white peers!

now it’s chaos and your precious game reveals gets delayed and you still don’t give a fuck!

fuck the fuck off!!!
It's just a console to you, to me it's a decades long hobby that I've put my life and considerable amount of money in to.

It's just a dude killed by police brutality 🤷‍♂️

Now fuck off to politics or REee I want to discuss video games

Mista

Banned
Not a fan of Sony flaunting around statements "being silent is being complicit"... don't get all high and mighty there...

EZcy_g3XgAcYU8l

what the fuk is this for real
This is very stupid to say. Iraq is still doomed, Palestine is still fighting for YEARS, Africa is getting shit on....etc

I guess “Human Rights” and the “people that matters” only exists in some countries and not the whole world....

Swadedtx

Banned
@Jigsaah @ultrazilla @Jesb I appreciate that info. Welp, this might've been a personal beef played out through abuse of power after all. It just might happen to incidentally look racially motivated because of the optics but it seems like that might not've been the case.

Doesn't excuse what the cop did at all, mind; he's an asshole, he knew he was killing the guy at least in some way. But they let personal beef blind them to it and maybe they got the other cops to watch over him for it since they didn't do anything to stop him.

Really the whole situation screams like a complete abuse of power and corruption being at the heart of things, but again due to the optics and the way certain stuff is in society now in terms of social things, most people are turning it into a racial issue (on all sides). This recent case potentially not being racially motivated doesn't mean there aren't cases where police incidents have been racially motivated, but it helps to keep perspective and getting more info like this is useful.

I doubt the media will actually take a look at the scenario from that angle though, doesn't nab enough ratings. And the people who have staked their flags on the hill to make this for or against black people aren't going to care, either. Most of them are stuck in their own ways.

The question is why did this blow up like it did. The truth is the Intel agencies want Trump out his image hurts the country. The CIA implements these sams tactics when it tries to over throw a leader in another country people start protest and the cops and media put together systems to force riots.

Bartski

Gold Member
am I seeing things or did Sony just tweet in defense of looting?????
How can anyone possibly think...
oh...

Beelzebubs

After browsing Twitter all morning I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see someone posting that "Those aren't protesters, they're people waiting in line to pre order a console"

Last edited:

niilokin

am I seeing things or did Sony just tweet in defense of looting?????
How can anyone possibly think...
oh...

Looting and pillaging thinking you are showing the finger to the system and injustice but in reality you are just a lowlife thief.

skneogaf

Exactly why has it been cancelled? Was it the murder, the demonstrations, the looting, covid-19, or a bit of all of it as I must admit I'm quite surprised as this isn't the first time the first three things have happened unfortunately and it won't be the last.

I wonder if they'll get it done before the last of us 2 release date?

I thought once the police officer was arrested then it would calm down as looking at America from England it looks like it is a regular thing but not caught on camera.

I agree with the delay I think but I am surprised.

Top Bottom