• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal on June 4th Postponed

The scale of what is happening is pretty crazy here in the states. I know it seems like a kneejerk reaction but I don't blame Sony, honestly

On the one hand I don't, but on the other hand I think they could've still done the event but have a small segment in the middle addressing the George Floyd death, commitment to pursuit of justice for his wrongful death, and support for peaceful protests calling for changes and ramifications, and then offer a moment of silence before carrying on with the show.

Corporations used to do that all the time IIRC, I never remember seeing them let socio-political unrest influence their own publicly planned events, especially those that aren't even being done at live venues. Some people might see the idea of them doing a segment in the middle as exploitative, but they'd be in a damed-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation with a small segment regardless. At the very least they'd show they actually are aware of what's going on and support the right thing, but still give the fans what they want in a way that can relieve stress from unemployment, mental issues etc. being caused by this COVID mess.

I am so fucking annoyed by this. Im sure all the people rioting and looting outside are super concerned over the reveal of your videogame console. Goddamit show me the fucking console and its games stop playing with my fucking emotions . I fucking knew this was gonna happen . Fuck ! I am big mad ! Lol. I swear this is pr shit and not genuine . Theyre doing this to virtue signal and wait till more eyes are on it. So fucking annoying.

Last edited:
People laughed at me for suggesting this yesterday but the writing was on the wall. I work in media, it's not the time (not because they care, but their reach would be incredibly low).

It's also a pretty bad time to announce a home console while lockdowns are easing around the world and people actually want to leave the house...

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Maybe it was the right thing to do. I mean, they dunno if those events gonna escalate more until then(even though its not actually here, they affected my country for instance). They would come as insensible(followed by twitter warriors, Reera angry losers, etc), and would end up losing momentun.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I wonder if they would have canceled the event if it was during the Paris bomb thing a few years ago or the terrorist that drove into a crowd in Nice... (i know the answer....)

Ogbert

But they picked the side of the protestors even tho it may hurt their image amongst their base.

No they did not.

They released a vaguely worded statement about 'voices needing to be heard' when, in actual fact, they want their voice to be heard very fucking loud and clear when they do reveal.

Honestly, it never ceases to amaze me how people seem to think corporations consider any interest other than their own.

It's like Starbucks. The only reason they sell those Tranny Mermaid biscuits is so that no one on Twitter wakes up to the fact they don't pay tax.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
So let's say if we get any other world events like Syria getting bombed will Sony also delay the event. There is always some bad shit going on around the world does that mean we keep delaying.

I can bet for so many events that has happened I can find some bad shit that happened somewhere in the world during the event.

Degree

Banned
A virus rolls over the world and brings it into standstill... lets show the PS5. Riots in the US, lets cancel the event.

It all makes sense, do you see it?

Yeah, neither do I.

This is what I don’t get.
How is COVID not a reason to cancel it, but those protest are? I mean it’s only in the US, COVID is everywhere.

Lol disappointed is an understatement right about now, I can understand why they did this somewhat but outside of the “land of the free” a whole world was waiting.

Probably won’t get anything till July at this rate if this unrest doesn’t ease.

MiguelItUp

I appreciate that they're making their stance known. I really do. Everything sucks right now, and it absolutely needs to stop.

That being said, this sucks, it really does. You would think that they would realize because of everything this would be the perfect time to do such a thing.

Video games are the perfect medicine to just take us away for a bit. It's always been that way. In the midst of all this shit I was looking forward to this so much. Now I'm mad at Sony, lmao. But I forgive them. I'll continue to wait and be excited. :D

Last edited:

IamOnline4Real

owns Galaxy Brain. Still shrink wrapped.
US isnt the world, damn.

And this just makes people dislike "black mentality" even more.

One cop kills one black dude -> yes it is logical to start rioting, looting, stealing and violence!

That already is enough to show why some people dislike blacks in general as they act like savages. (Not all but enough to make some people dislike it)

And now the reveal is ruined because of their ape shit stupid savagery.

Would have been completely fine to have the event as rest of the world doesnt care.

*I hate and despise all colour of people that riot, steal, be violent, rage instead of speak calmly or strangle handcuffed dudes. But they have nothing to do with ps5. Smart people stay in and game anyways

Dude, calm down, no need to insult my black people..over video games.
Stop being an ass for a minute...

jimbojim

Banned
Why? Did ANYONE say to Sony postpone the event? Would anyone be MAD if they wouldn’t postpone the event?
I don’t think so.
It was Sony’s choice. They are the one to blame.

They wouldn't postpone it if there is no situation now like in US.

At this rate i think we're heading towards a 2021 Ps5 launch date. Something is not right behind the scenes.

Welp that might make a choice for next-gen system this fall easier for me, but I'd like to think this is honestly just them waiting for a good moment to do the event, and not using it to hide complications in production or develop behind-the-scenes because that would majorly suck.

It's his fault. Jeff the Secret MS Agent confirmed.

xool

Well that dude called it in that other thread

GG
What happened to that thread? Did it get nuked for trolling.

I honestly thought he'd doubled down and created a fake cancel jpg just to mess with people when I saw this.

Bartski

Gold Member
5A7aiRB.gif

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
People should pack up and go home. There's still the virus going around and it's only going to get worse now.

Top Bottom