• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal on June 4th Postponed

engstra

This is what I don’t get.
How is COVID not a reason to cancel it, but those protest are? I mean it’s only in the US, COVID is everywhere.
Not sure how you can compare a social movement with a pandemic. And also they did cancel events because of Covid, that's why we had this presentation in the first place

If George Floyd was white, then there would be no protesting or anything else in this country. It's insane how anti-white this country is lol. Isn't not being racist all about treating people same way regardless of their skin color? So if a white person got killed by a white cop then we should also get protests right. Oh no...wait that only applies if they are black, so racist much USA?

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
US isnt the world, damn.

And this just makes people dislike "black mentality" even more.

One cop kills one black dude -> yes it is logical to start rioting, looting, stealing and violence!

That already is enough to show why some people dislike blacks in general as they act like savages. (Not all but enough to make some people dislike it)

And now the reveal is ruined because of their ape shit stupid savagery.

Would have been completely fine to have the event as rest of the world doesnt care.

*I hate and despise all colour of people that riot, steal, be violent, rage instead of speak calmly or strangle handcuffed dudes. But they have nothing to do with ps5. Smart people stay in and game anyways

I feel like we can disagree with postponing the event without calling black people savages.

It's just video games. We'll live.

some people....like you?

It's okay, he posted in the wrong forum. Stormfront was two tabs to his left.

Jeff be like

giphy.gif

It will be worth it. Sucks now but we are still pretty close to next gen gameplay reveals

It's like we're all Vince and the delay is Stone Cold doing the Stunner on us, but it was Jeff wearing a Steve Austin mask.

Oh well, you're right either way we're pretty close to some big reveals. I just hope MS's July event doesn't end up similarly delayed (for any given reason).

Allandor

Now is the best time. People want cheering up :/
Well, yes and no. If it would "only" be the pandemic I would agree, there is no better time for some good games (well except something like division, that would really be the worst time to release a game like this) but than there are the protests in the biggest market. And we don't know what games they have, maybe something with a corresponding story to the current situation would also not be the best idea.
The best is just to move it a bit and hope that this situation gets better.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Welp that might make a choice for next-gen system this fall easier for me, but I'd like to think this is honestly just them waiting for a good moment to do the event, and not using it to hide complications in production or develop behind-the-scenes because that would majorly suck.

It's his fault. Jeff the Secret MS Agent confirmed.

Im still getting both unless some ridiculous price or launch lineup is announced. But this all isn't looking good. All we're getting is "anonymous" he say, she say about the ps5. Nothing solid.

Every chance they can delay, they do. This is a far cry from the Ps4 unveil where we got an event in February.

REE Machine

Banned
If George Floyd was white, then there would be no protesting or anything else in this country. It's insane how anti-white this country is lol. Isn't not being racist all about treating people same way regardless of their skin color? So if a white person got killed by a white cop then we should also get protests right. Oh no...wait that only applies if are black, so Racist much USA?
Last i checked black people didnt have whites as slaves and are still feeling the tight grip of systemic racism around their throats (literally) for generations and generations. If a white person has an altercation with a cop there is a good chance they going home, if you are black, better have a rosemary ready and start your prayer beads.

also somehow mass shootings where someone who is white is the shooter somehow always make it around for their court hearing and sentence. Go figure right.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

This sucks but it is understandable, it would be kind of wrong being happy about some videogames while a black man was killed by the very same department that should protect him. We can cheer about PS5 some other day, launch is 5 months away there is plenty of time.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I knew PS5 annoucement would be after LoU2 comes out. Don't be surprised if it's even after Ghost (which is my original guess). Got to sell those games first and not lose gamer attention spans to saving up for PS5.

SleepDoctor

Banned
If George Floyd was white, then there would be no protesting or anything else in this country. It's insane how anti-white this country is lol. Isn't not being racist all about treating people same way regardless of their skin color? So if a white person got killed by a white cop then we should also get protests right. Oh no...wait that only applies if they are black, so racist much USA?

"Anti white"? Lmao take this bs to the politics thread and dont derail this one with your ignorance.

Last edited:

REE Machine

Banned
Memorial service is on 4th so that really would be shitty day to do console event - I just hope delay is short and not until riots stop since they will last weeks probably if not months.
Yep, thats what they mean by loudest voices. With all due respect to Floyd and his family, god be with him. But if sony had their event the same day, it would drown put the memorial service and the message it is going to send.

ghairat

One thing I don't get. Did they cancel it because of the riots going on in the US or the killing of George Floyd (may you rest in peace)?.

hemo memo

Gold Member
This sucks but it is understandable, it would be kind of wrong being happy about some videogames while a black man was killed by the very same department that should protect him. We can cheer about PS5 some other day, launch is 5 months away there is plenty of time.

The Last of Us 2 release is in 18 days.

Ascend

I was reading through the thread and replied to your post.

Are you going to answer or no?
I don't need to answer dishonest quotes, but I will give the courtesy of clarifying.

I said compared to other countries, Playstation is not that popular in the US. You asked what am I on about? Well, considering that in the majority of other countries Playstation is a lot more powerful both in brand and in sales in comparison to other competitors, especially the Xbox which is really popular in the US, it makes little sense to 'sacrifice' the rest of the world because of certain events in the US.

Degree

Banned
I knew PS5 annoucement would be after LoU2 comes out. Don't be surprised if it's even after Ghost (which is my original guess). Got to sell those games first and not lose gamer attention spans to saving up for PS5.

huh? Why did they announce the event then in the first place now? GoT is coming in July. Shouldn’t announce it for June then

Kokoloko85

Man countries have been bombed on and no events go cancelled.

Obviously its sad on all sides what is going on.

But Yo, entire towns have been bombed and E3 carried on........

Clarissa

Banned
June 4th is my birthday and I was looking forward to watching it while grilling and enjoying some steaks. But it's alright!

Gives me an excuse to fire up the grill with more steaks when they eventually reveal it! 😊

I'm gonna add some prawns and fish to the grill for the eventual reveal!

Last edited:
Top Bottom