• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Scalpers Aren’t Happy With Their Public Image

Concern

The Circus Middle Finger GIF by Showtime

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
You can go over there and line up with them
800803.jpg

Edit: Does the business even exist? Googling "The Lab" doesn't bring up anything related to scalping.

Last edited by a moderator:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In the article the guy brings up Tesco selling milk for profit, so scalping is just another profit chain.

Does make sense in a way.

Kind of like going to a restaurant getting charge $2-3 for fountain pop, where the actual cost of syrup from Pepsi, a cup and straw is literally about 12 cents. Now multiply the profits every eatery got off you for decades just on soft drinks.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
As a Steelbook Collector, Fuck scalpers
They take a easily accessible item and make it impossible to find unless you pay them up to 5x the value on eBay.
Love it when companies reissue items with extra stuff and then their item becomes devalued just so I can on there and make the offer.
"I'll Give ya Fiver"

During the early days of the pandemic I saw Calpol on eBay for 20/30/50 quid, even the "P" Pharmacy lines ones which you need a pharmaceutical license to sale.
While parents are running around trying to find some because those fucks have snatched them up to earn a buck
Fucking scum.

Last edited:

John Day

Reminds me of software pirates and their “morals”. Was alwasy fun seeing them trying to die on that moral “sharing is caring” hill.

I mean, used to pirate as a kid too and even then I found it silly to think like that.

Concern

The funny about next gen availability is that it's not like there's crazy awesome games now anyway. Just wait it out. I do my online checks too. Out of stock. Oh well. Will check another day.

Exactly my take on it. Girlfriend ended up buying me an xsx for Christmas. So at least now I only have one console to buy lol.

Not a fan of scalpers being assholes but more ire should be directed toward the manufacturers and retailers for not setting up effective systems to deter scalpers.
Scalpers only matter for the first year of a consoles life anyway. I imagine by 2022, there will be so many Ps5s that you can get one easily.

Last edited:
In the article the guy brings up Tesco selling milk for profit, so scalping is just another profit chain.

Does make sense in a way.
Difference is that Tesco gets those items at those lower prices because they're trading with wholesalers who only deal with bulk orders.
These scumbags are just using bots to cheat the system and deprive individual buyers of the hardware at a reasonable cost so they can sell it to them at a much higher price later.
Middlemen are almost never welcome in any business...about the only exception is the housing market...but even there all parties prefer if you go straight to the landlord / estate agent if feasible.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Why can’t people just understand they are doing this to put food on their damn tables.
I mean sure that may be the case for some, but most do it for bigger reasons I'd assume

On the other hand, buying and selling is part of the economy, so scalping won't go away and fighting it with fire is especially foolish when you claim the higher ground. If I buy a bunch of broken PS4's for example with the goal of repairing them and selling them for a profit, does that make me "scum" too?

Difference is that Tesco gets those items at those lower prices because they're trading with wholesalers who only deal with bulk orders.
These scumbags are just using bots to cheat the system and deprive individual buyers of the hardware at a reasonable cost so they can sell it to them at a much higher price later.
Middlemen are almost never welcome in any business...about the only exception is the housing market...but even there all parties prefer if you go straight to the landlord / estate agent if feasible.
Haha it's all middle men. Basically every business is just middle men. The only ones that aren't are skilled labors. One is just presented as good and one bad. They are literally exactly the same.

Top Bottom