• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
I've seen the videos. The characters just don't pop enough. Also, the God of War stages are much too murky for good readability. Backgrounds have too much clutter and movement.

oh ok lol

EDIT: More woman plz Fat Princess is already gonna be my main unless Nariko is confirmed, or Lightning

soultron

Banned
Also, I think Parappa should have retained his 2D cartoon look.

They went with what looks like a 3Dish version of Parappa 2 Parappa, which is a little weird, I'll agree. However, I feel that a 2D paperthin Parappa with flatshading wouldn't look right in this game.

The one other character I want in this game:
tomba2_art1_640w.jpg

Zen

Banned
Wow, reading through this thread, I don't understand where all the hate is coming from. I loved SSB but I haven't owned a nintendo console since the gamecube. I've owned a ps1, ps2 and now a ps3. I would love to have a SSB game on the playstation.

Why would people get angry over a SSB type game for playstation owners. Doesn't make sense.

It's just fanboyism.

KevinCow

Banned
Huh. Kinda surprised this actually turned out to be real.

I like how blatantly Smash Bros. this game looks. And I don't mean that sarcastically. I appreciate that they're being up front about it. You know what you're doing, we know what you're doing, no need to beat around the bush.

I love the stage crossovers. Hades fighting Patapons, Captain Qwark fighting the hydra. That's actually pretty brilliant, and I'm kinda surprised Smash Bros. didn't do it first. I'm almost more excited to see what crazy stage crossovers they come up with than what characters get in.

But I really don't know what to make of the fact that only super moves kill, and they're all one-hit-kills. That seems like a really bad decision.

gaming_noob

It's looks like a blatant ripoff of Smash Bros but looks phenomenal. I just can't relate to any of the characters as much as the ones in Smash Bros though.

Finaika

I just realized why the character lineup is dull. It needs more iconic Japanese Sony characters such as ICO, Wander, and that monster from Last Gaurdian.

Kaizer

Banned
I still dont get it lol

Pit is in Smash Bros. Brawl, a flying type character. Kat from Gravity Rush uses gravity manipulation to glide around. He's hoping she plays similar to Pit. IF she were to be in the game at all. (DLC AMIRITE?)

Kyon

Banned
Pit is in Smash Bros. Brawl, a flying type character. Kat from Gravity Rush uses gravity manipulation to glide around. He's hoping she plays similar to Pit. IF she were to be in the game at all. (DLC AMIRITE?)

but he only flies for a few seconds lol I doubt she would play the same.

Endo Punk

I just realized why the character lineup is dull. It needs more iconic Japanese Sony characters such as ICO, Wander, and that monster from Last Gaurdian.

Sony wont blow their load on the reveal. Characters will trickle forth in the coming weeks and months.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Just the fact that this game will get legit multiplayer on a decent online network should give anybody who likes this style of game something to look forward to.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What seems a bit weird to me with their KO system is that is seems like you could beat up a bad player for a while to fill your bar, and then use your Super to KO a completely separate player, making that player's score decrease. Doesn't sound all that balanced and "fair" to me that it doesn't really matter who you attack until your Super is ready.

I do feel that death by supers is a bad design unless they offset this by having a Super Smash brothers like mode. I also feel that the stage hazards aren't threatening enough. It should at least kill you for some. They could design it so you're not only fighting the players, but the stage itself.

Perhaps have a special-less mode where you just beat the crap out of your enemies and everybody have a certain health point, if it gets to 0 you die.

I like what I see with certain characters having a unique playstyle that's not just brawling, but another layer to it. The developers should try to make as much character like that as possible, with each having a unique playstyle and tactics to use in fighting.

What seems a bit weird to me with their KO system is that is seems like you could beat up a bad player for a while to fill your bar, and then use your Super to KO a completely separate player, making that player's score decrease. Doesn't sound all that balanced and "fair" to me that it doesn't really matter who you attack until your Super is ready.

hey at least in this game you'll have to act to win, not just get away from the action to have the least percentage (to go back when their percentage is close to 100%).

Moofers

Ha! My podcast co-host was just saying last night that he doesn't understand how they'd make this game and put in all the M-Rated game characters into something that kids can play. He also thought it would be garbage. Going to be real interesting to listen to him eating crow next week because the reveal videos/writeups have been awesome.

Patapons invading Hades? That's fucking brilliant!

Buzz! interrupting the LBP stage for a pop quiz? Very creative.

I'm already way hyped for this game. I hope they draw from the PlayStation 1 launch era a lot. 1995-2000 was a magical time in videogames and PlayStation was a huge part of that. I hope they remember those years as fondly as I do and bring that into the game somehow.

Donos

Theoretically Sony could still make a possible sequel of this in Powerstone style. Hmm. Damn Powerstone was nice.Getting old :(

Denzar

Do we know who is developing this?

Yes, Superbot.

A new studio with former members of Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica.

Consider me hyped, as a PlayStation fan I've been waiting for a game like this for a long time.

But I have to agree with some people here, ther is something wrong with the graphics, I just can't quite put my finger on it. Is it muddy? is it the art direction?

Donos

Do we know who is developing this?

SuperBot Entertainment is a software design studio formed by Shannon Studstill (formerly an Executive Producer at SCE Santa Monica; now Senior Director of Product Development at SCEA.) The studio is independent but was formed initially around an exclusivity relationship with Sony Computer Entertainment.

The company was formerly known as Broodworks.

From IGN. The GTTV video has interviews with some of the guys.

I like this. I like this a lot, actually. This is the first Sony title since GT5 that has me properly excited. Superbot people look like they. know what they're doing, gameplay looks fluid, graphics are great and the overall presention really clicks with me. If they nail online and character rooster this is going to be my first day 1 since MAG.

I'm looking for info but i'm not fully convinced ..ok it's not a full SSMB clone but the fun in SSB was to master all the subtle gameplay mecanics.. i Really hope they are there ..

Anyway at least so far there are some nice ideas here and there ..

Kyon

Banned
I'm looking for info but i'm not fully convinced ..ok it's not a full SSMB clone but the fun in SSB was to master all the subtle gameplay mecanics.. i Really hope they are there ..

Anyway at least so far there are some nice ideas here and there ..

Watch the GT First take videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom