• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars joined by Heihachi and Toro

Duffyside

Banned
I doubt Sora because of Disney, but I am SURE Cloud is in. It would get so many extra sales from insane FF7 fans. Maybe he's like Sonic in Brawl and gets announced like two weeks before release

Wanna bet? Square won't let that happen. No way. They own all their stuff and won't let it go "just in case one day WE make a fighting game like this."

thuway

Yeah, I'm passing on this one 100%.

I'll stay with the real Smash Bros... so far, if the game comes out in October, the roster probably wont be that big at all. At least Nintendo has characters I like so I'll stick with that one. With all of Sony's amazing history, they've chosen the lamest characters so far.

What would you put in?

Duffyside

Banned
Gotta say I'm worried about the Level 3s now. While I laughed at Heihachi's, I don't like the direction of completely NO interaction from the players during them. And there's not even a slim chance of evading or the guy fucking up? Is everyone supposed to just put their controller down and watch.

This is a bad decision from fighting-game-dudes who should know better.

I'm I the only one questioning Why Big Daddy?
I was with you until I saw the alternate outfit. Now he's my favorite.

B.O.O.M

People wonder why Toro? For real?! Hell I think they UNDER-use him overseas. He is awesome

Fantastic reveal. I did not see Hei coming. Great surprise. PS is the home for Tekken on consoles for sure.

The stage looks great too, CHOP MASTER!

Duffyside

Banned
What would you put in?

Why are you asking him this? He would put in Mario, Link, Pikachu, etc. He's only pretending to be interested, as evidenced by "I'll stick with Smash," as if he has to choose, or as if a new Smash has or will come out within three years of this game.

BadWolf

People wonder why Toro? For real?! Hell I think they UNDER-use him overseas. He is awesome

Fantastic reveal. I did not see Hei coming. Great surprise. PS is the home for Tekken on consoles for sure.

I don't mind his inclusion I just think this wasn't the right crowd to reveal him to, really felt like no one knew who he was. The crowd was quite.

Takao

Banned

Why would anyone question Toro? He's been on PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, Vita and even Pocket Station. Little cat deserves some love.

Takao

Banned
I don't mind his inclusion I just think this wasn't the right crowd to reveal him to, really felt like no one knew who he was. The crowd was quite.

I'm guessing they chose to reveal him here in hopes to get a reaction from the SF x T crowd, lol.

Exclusive Bioshock game for Vita is a big association. Sony and Irrational Games have a great relationship.

This game and the preorder DLC for LBP will be Bioshock Vita.

This was at EVO, right?

It was quiet because he's that dumb cat in SFxT that nobody liked.

Outside of that game, he's not even known very well.

No, and your questioning is wrong. Great character deserves play. Every fighter needs a slow heavy, and Big Daddy is that character for this game (with Fat Princess being the fast heavy).

Tron Bonne would've fit that well and wouldn't have brought any complaints.

yencid

from the youtube trailer

OlbH8.jpg
definitely not a gear. Its the thing from killzone.

Takao

Banned
Toro's inclusion is definitely for Japan and Asia. Him and Parappa are the only SCEJ franchises being repped right now with playable characters. Maybe they'll use this appearance to try to make a presence for the character in the west.

I just hope there is another 3 stages, 8 characters and a different game type. It looks like an awful value proposition currently.

DJIzana

What would you put in?

Dart from LoD or Kazuma Kiryu for sure. I know Wild Arms was pretty huge but considering how each game had its own set of characters, you can't really include anyone from there. There's probably a couple of other games I'd choose from.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
The PaRappa stage looks great, maybe Sony will release PaRappa the Rapper 2 as a PS2 Classic on PSN around the time this is released.

jiggle

if they're sticking with 1st+3rd chara reveal
that means only 4 left for each :<

and wtf
12 characters in, only 1 female
is masashi kishimoto producing this game or what?

B.O.O.M

My only guess would be the huge Asian crowd at the gathering and no other reason. I think this also means no SF character in the game because that would have been an ideal reveal to this crowd. I am totally ok with it as that means more diversity in characters. So far they have done real well on that front.

Why would anyone question Toro? He's been on PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, Vita and even Pocket Station. Little cat deserves some love.

Exactly! I think he deserves more Love...Hell I want the guy to show up at the start up screen of PS4. Sony needs to promote him more in the west.

farco1212

Neo Member
I love the concept of PASBR, but the gameplay just doesn't look very compelling to me. The art style looks very bland and the fighting mechanics don't appear very satisfying.

I'm curious to see if Sony is actually going to support this as eSports material or just release it as a over hyped mascot fighter that's going to be bloated with DLC characters. They already released two better looking and more competitive 1st party titles this year with no marketing or community support, so I'm hoping they don't do the same with this if it's even semi-competitive.

Even if this does bomb critically and/or commercially, I hope Sony will give even more support to Super Bot to make a better sequel for the PS4. The first Smash Bros. wasn't necessarily a critical success, but then we got Melee.

Murrah

Banned
Heihachi's perfect; so many memories of playing Tekken 2 on my PS1 as a kid. That screams Playstation to me personally more than anyone else revealed so far aside from Sweet Tooth

But there's just something about the way this game looks and plays that kills the hype for me everytime I watch new media of it. And it sucks because I want to want this game so bad

Top Bottom