• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Attendees Thread: California Here We Come!

Great day at the PlayStation Experience, got to enjoy the main show with good seats, met Tim Schafer and Ono, attended Death Stranding panel, got super close to Kojima when he was leaving the autograph area, also free goodies, games and bought some merchandise to take home. Really fun day, I was disappointed that I couldn't get Kojima and Last of Us Part 2 autographs because the lines were a disaster and some of the games I wanted to play had ridiculous lines but everything else made up for it easily.

Wife and I are back in our rooms, time to wind down and get some sleep.

Overall, I feel plus and negatives for this PSX. Somethings were done better, somethings not so much or still new to the planning that they will hopefully fix next year.

Quick Summary:

Keynote was awesome, getting in line at 5AM was really good again, had nice bleacher seats, enjoyed the overall presentation, was surprised with some announcements, and eager to see more things at E3 next year.

Some games had insane lines on the show floor, as I waited 2 hours for a 5 minute AC7 VR demo (Which was pretty incredible, but still). Later I walked to a no line kiosk for Miku:Future Tone which was on 2 units.

My wife braved the gear line for 2 hours as well, got me some nice things, a journey scarf, a replacement beanie for the one I lost on the way here, plus some parappa swag (Beanie and plus) and some things for herself. As someone stated, the lack of a bandai namco booth was disappointing as she was really looking forward to that.

I will hopefully get a few more game demos in tomorrow if lines are not as bad.

And finally, the Kojima insanity. I don't know if they will have him next year, but oh man, did they not expect the level of people who waited for him. My wife goes to check out the line about 1PM while I was at the panel, was told to come back at 1:30. She comes back and says there's only a standby line, so I figure I might as well wait with her and watch the 2nd part of the panel online. As we are waiting, we are told about a dozen times "This line is not going to see him, we are at capacity" but we waited. Hope was fleeting, I was posting memes in line chat to keep my sanity. Fiddles were played, Fissions were mailed. Then out of the blue, they moved us near the front. We were like 8 people from steps up there. Then a miracle happened, they let like 20 of us go. We ran up there, I snuck in a selfie that will go down in history.

4dQ3iWB.jpg

That moment made all the waiting, all the sore muscles, all of it worth it in that instant.

So I bid you all good night! Was always awesome to meet new people and see old friends. We will be around tomorrow, so take care and get some sleep!

Sondar

It's been fun reading everyone's thoughts & experiences in this thread. I'm in the UK & have never attended an event like this. Has everyone picked up the Stranger's Wrath Vita blue variant? I know I'm a complete unknown here on NeoGaf (post very infrequently in the Vita threads) but I would very grateful if someone could hook me up with a copy. (I'm UK based). Would pay handsomely for it of course. :) And I can help with sourcing PAL titles as well.

Hope it's okay to make a request & that I haven't broken any forum etiquette!

People that got in yesterday to persona or merch area.

Was there anything worthwhile at the persona area being given away? I saw a bunch of bags for the brief time that I was inside.

Any ideas into cool merch? Don't know which area to go to first :x

People that got in yesterday to persona or merch area.

Was there anything worthwhile at the persona area being given away? I saw a bunch of bags for the brief time that I was inside.

Any ideas into cool merch? Don't know which area to go to first :x

You can get a bag if you take a picture with morgana. You also get a card for playing the demo.

I'm honestly not worried about getting in right away today, I'll probably grab breakfast beforehand. Played most of the smaller stuff I wanted yesterday, will probably try for bigger ones today

Cerberus

The wait for the Persona 5 demo is brutal. If there are 24 people ahead of you in line, expect to be there for 1+ hour. I stood in that line for 90 minutes.

It took me about another hour after the meetup to walk back to my AirBnB and now I've just woken up. See you soon, PSXGAF, after I get fresh-and-so-clean-clean!

Hope it's okay to make a request & that I haven't broken any forum etiquette!
You've done nothing wrong, Sondar. As a matter of fact, I wish some of the other LRG collectors from the LRG OT who are a bit bummed out about missing out would've done the same as you.

Unless someone else is willing to give up their copy, you are out of luck. I saw the LRG booth was cleaned out at the end of the day yesterday. I don't know if they have any more stock today, but they may not.

Caught a game in line. It bounced off someone taller and right onto my hand.
You're not even going to tell us what game?!

The wait for the Persona 5 demo is brutal. If there are 24 people ahead of you in line, expect to be there for 1+ hour. I stood in that line for 90 minutes.

I was able to get in the line while it was still inside the ropes. I'll take that over a line wrapped around the entire booth.

Have they become more lenient about scanning badges for autographs? As in, if you attempt to get an autograph you'll get scanned? They were right sticklers about it yesterday, which seemed foolish. Why tie a major badge scanning item, spread across multiple rewards, if only 50-100 people can get it every two hours.

krae_man

Have they become more lenient about scanning badges for autographs? As in, if you attempt to get an autograph you'll get scanned? They were right sticklers about it yesterday, which seemed foolish. Why tie a major badge scanning item, spread across multiple rewards, if only 50-100 people can get it every two hours.

Pick an autograph nobody cares about. I walked right up to the uncharted 4 autographs and waited like 10 minutes.

Sondar

You've done nothing wrong, Sondar. As a matter of fact, I wish some of the other LRG collectors from the LRG OT who are a bit bummed out about missing out would've done the same as you.

Unless someone else is willing to give up their copy, you are out of luck. I saw the LRG booth was cleaned out at the end of the day yesterday. I don't know if they have any more stock today, but they may not.

Many thanks for the reply. :) I thought it was a long shot, (by a country mile) as I think deep down I knew that the games would fly out of their booth pretty darned quick! But my OCD collector brain had to ask. Hehe. Thanks again. :) Hope you all enjoy the event.

Pick an autograph nobody cares about. I walked right up to the uncharted 4 autographs and waited like 10 minutes.
Yeah, not gonna happen. This is a right shit-show. They're only letting 150 people into each autograph and scanning just as such. At least that's what they're telling me.

i got a scan yesterday because the totally fucked up the the last of us signing so the scanned a bunch of badges. which i didnt need since i ended up getting the ono and capcom cup finalists autos.

i got a scan yesterday because the totally fucked up the the last of us signing so the scanned a bunch of badges. which i didnt need since i ended up getting the ono and capcom cup finalists autos.
I'm half tempted to wait until the end of the show and try to get my badge scanned for autographs, from some kind-hearted staff member. I don't care about the card, I just want the dynamic theme and the $10 store credit.

I'm half tempted to wait until the end of the show and try to get my badge scanned for autographs, from some kind-hearted staff member. I don't care about the card, I just want the dynamic theme and the $10 store credit.
you near the autograph line. im in the horizon line. ill get your badge scanned.

Top Bottom