• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience 2016 Thread: You Know, PSX, We Really Are 2016

There are more then 10 games I want to play. Indies looked great as well.

Man, I loved almost everything about this conference.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with my PS4.

anothertech

Wipeout, Crash, Windjammers, Marvel vs Capcom, Uncharted, The Last of Us 2, Ni No Kuni 2, PSVita, DAM!!

What a conference!

So the forest scene with the scratched up tree at the beginning of TLOU2 reveal, there gonna be dinosaurs or something? lol

Franz Brötchen;225923309 said:
I think this is the point where Nintendo fans defending mediocre Directs are called 'Nintendo Defense Force'?
It was available for me to watch, flooded my Twitter timeline. I take a look as a potential yet-to-be-convinced customer and am less than impressed.
Again, bad presentation for me. If this statement isn't allowed here, maybe we can ban some obvious trolls in Nintendo threads?
Sounds like you just don't like games.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Highlights for me

- uncharted Chloe (UC4 DLC? standalone game?)
- wipeout (hmm 4K zone mode)
- parappa and patapon
- Ni No Kuni 2
- TLOU

Garlador

giphy.gif

Really am hyped for so many of these. My poor wallet and social life.

Aikidoka

This conference was pretty fantastic and complements the E32016 conference really well. It didn't have the phenomenal pacing and production values of E3 2016, but that wasn't the aim and point of PSX i feel, which had at least one megaton (TLOU) and a great variety of games and hype-generating shadow drops.

Only negatives for me...everything else was awesome.

- Don't show sizzle reels and expect me to get excited for games that you won't even tell me the title of, even if it's a quick flash!

- PSVR really seems kinda lackluster here. Missed opportunity.

Tall4Life

Come on bro, I'm more of a Nintendo guy but Sony has been knocking it out of the park the last four press conferences (E3 2015, PSX 2015, E3 2016, PSX 2016). They're killing it, and they absolutely deserve to have the top-selling console right now.

I liked the conference, I just hate whenever Sony gives a shoutout to GAF, I think that's dumb, that's all

Audioboxer

More important question is why doesn't joel look like he's aged

Probably dead. If not right from the start of the game some point during. Then Ellie goes batshit insane.

Although it's ND such a twist is obvious so they might not do it like that.

Everyone thought the UC4 twist would be obvious.

Tall4Life

Just like how Blizzard gives shoutout to reddit, twitch community. Shout out to the fans is nothing but dumb.

Other companies do it too and I still don't like it there. I'm a wrestling fan and would cringe myself to death if one of the wrestlers mentioned Wreddit too.

Why are you talking about Nintendo Directs? If this failed to impress you, then a PS4 is not for you. Simple as that. It was a great shiwing, whit a lot of games ranging a wide specter, with a lot of games for their core fans. That's what Sony is going for.

Uh there's this thing called analogy?
I state as a fact that I'm less than impressed and wanted to express that. Conversely, no Nintendo thread w/o people saying that they are not impressed with whatever Nintendo showing and complain that they can't just have that personal reflection stand.

This is an established NeoGAF pattern and I am just continuing it. So are you in calling me out on that, of course, but my point still stands. Never would I call your opinion wrong that you felt the show was the best thing since sliced bread but I simply don't share it and opted to write this down here since that's what forums are supposed to be for \end

Tizoc

This conf. gets a 9 out of 10 for me.
Naughty Dog's stuff knocked a 1 out of it, but was otherwise hype and exciting. Based Corsi <3

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Windjammers?? what is happening
*bounce*

Franz Brötchen;225924683 said:
I state as a fact that I'm less than impressed and wanted to express that. Conversely, no Nintendo thread w/o people saying that they are not impressed with whatever Nintendo showing and complain that they can't just have that personal reflection stand.

This is an established NeoGAF pattern and I am just continuing it. So are you in calling me out on that, of course, but my point still stands. Never would I call your opinion wrong that you felt the show was the best thing since sliced bread but I simply don't share it and opted to write this down here since that's what forums are supposed to be for end
Alright man

xch1n

Some really good looking stuff, but man, the industry really is going all-in on remasters and rereleases. I get that they're cheap and relatively safe investments, and there is a bunch of new stuff, too, but I'm starting to suffer from remaster fatigue. Even games I adore I'm not excited about because they're the same games I've already played.

Personal highlights

- Ni No Kuni II
- Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
- The Last of Us 2
- Crash Trilogy HD
- Yakuza 6 RELEASING THE WEST
- More cool 3rd party games for PS4
- Let It Die releasing today

RootCause

I find it humorous that some of the same people that loved Geof melting down, and throwing a middle finger are bothered by fans screaming. Yeah, chill down. It's much better than a dead audience.

Also, is there a list for all of the games shown on the conference? Thanks.

Franz Brötchen;225924683 said:

This is an established NeoGAF pattern and I am just continuing it. So are you in calling me out on that, of course, but my point still stands. Never would I call your opinion wrong that you felt the show was the best thing since sliced bread but I simply don't share it and opted to write this down here since that's what forums are supposed to be for end

This sounds a lot like SonyGAF and hive mind bullshit people spout

Top Bottom