• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience 2016 Thread: You Know, PSX, We Really Are 2016

JP

I love the way they do this stuff now where they just throw game after game out, so much good content in just over an hour. There was far more stuff shown in that short time for me than there was over every E3 announcement this year, irrelevant of the company announcing it.

I also like their "get it now" stuff and their #BuildingtheList stuff.

Maybe you aren't aware of what PSX is?

I think this is the point where Nintendo fans defending mediocre Directs are called 'Nintendo Defense Force'?
It was available for me to watch, flooded my Twitter timeline. I take a look as a potential yet-to-be-convinced customer and am less than impressed.
Again, bad presentation for me. If this statement isn't allowed here, maybe we can ban some obvious trolls in Nintendo threads?

filly

Its crazy that right now Sony can fill out 2 conferences in a year an Microsoft fills out one Playstation is killing it right now. I am very happy with the state of play right now, they did good.

wig

Franz Brötchen;225922629 said:
Definitely can be serious because I feel the same here.
This was mostly milking nostalgia of established fans and practically nothing for new customers. If you're happy, be happy.
But it failed to make me a future customer -> bad conference.

Well, the Playstation Experience is a convention for Playstation fans...

addik

You know what else was amazing aside from this conference?

Sony's first-party games (and some of the studios they've partnered up) are pushing female characters in a huge way:

Uncharted: Lost Legacy starring both Nadine and Chloe (two Persons of color)
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
TLOU Part II seemingly being more focused on Ellie this time

Also, What Remains of Edith Finch stars a female narrator, and Nier: Automata stars a female android. The same goes for Detroit.

Great to see some diversity in gaming finally.

Curufinwe

Franz Brötchen;225923309 said:
I think this is the point where Nintendo fans defending mediocre Directs are called 'Nintendo Defense Force'?
It was available for me to watch, flooded my Twitter timeline. I take a look as a potential yet-to-be-convinced customer and am less than impressed.
Again, bad presentation for me. If this statement isn't allowed here, maybe we can ban some obvious trolls in Nintendo threads?

You sure are defensive.

TalonJH

So from a more objective standpoint I can see that this was a great conference. For me, though, the only things that got me hyped were UC Lost Legends, Crash Remakes, Wipeout Remaster, Horizon trailer (didn't show much, though), and TLoU 2.
You just named 6 games. Wouldn't that be enough to at least put you on the positive?

DKHF

Really great conference.

Highlights for me were Chloe DLC, NNKII, Crash, Yakuza, NieR and TLOU2. They finally ended PSX amazingly.

Alanood

oombNFb.png
why
why
she looks so different
why

Coda

If there wasn't a game you were really excited for that they showed there's something wrong with you. The sheer amount of games I'm hyped about coming to PS4 today or in the future is amazing. They really nailed it out of the path at this keynote, fantastic showing Sony.

spliced

What were the first 2 games in that montage? One was the lady up on a tree branch then fight a boss and the other was a 2D ARPG.

tmac456

There's still some great options that ND can go with in regards to Joel and Ellie's story. People are being extremely shortsighted thinking it's a big mistake to continue the story with them

DKHF

That was quite a cool show, in my opinion better than last year's. The bombs they dropped were at least much more impressive than last year.

One thing, though: where is FFVIIR? Had expected some footage today, but maybe Square wants to show it on its own sometime later to associate it more with the rest of the audience rather than just PS audience?
I don't think SE wants to distract from FFXV at all, and a new trailer for another huge FF game would be a major way to do that. I'm expecting it to show up an FFVII anniversary event next year or something, if not at E3.

Sony is killing it.

Shame there was nothing from FROM but Nier: Automata, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, TLG and Yakuza clench my thirst for Japanese games.

The Housemarque game looks dope as well.

Strakt

MVC Infinite
Uncharted
Horizon Zero Dawn
Last of us 2

Only things I cared about from the conference. Wish they would of showed off some God of war or FF7 Remake footage :(

Sydle

If there wasn't a game you were really excited for that they showed there's something wrong with you. The sheer amount of games I'm hyped about coming to PS4 today or in the future is amazing. They really nailed it out of the path at this keynote, fantastic showing Sony.

Horizon ZD remains the only one I'm excited for. That game Vane looked neat, will definitely keep an eye out for it.

tmespe

Why are you talking about Nintendo Directs? If this failed to impress you, then a PS4 is not for you. Simple as that. It was a great shiwing, whit a lot of games ranging a wide specter, with a lot of games for their core fans. That's what Sony is going for.

Some great showings. Some meh ones but you have to take the bad with the great.

Very nice to see NNKII. It looks incredible.
The U4 DLC will be cool and standalone.
Brill to see Crash in his original form coming back.
Surprised to see Wipeout/Parrapa/Patapon/LocoRoco back on PS4.
Knack fucking 2. KNACKS BACK!!
Horizon is gonna be so awesome.
To end it with TLoU2 was brilliant. Amazing.

There's a lot that wasn't there of course, but great to see some old faves back and some new announcements.

chadskin

Was hoping for a mid-2017 release date for Detroit: Become Human and some footage at PSX, that would've been the icing on the cake.

Raitaro

Fantastic keynote. Still can't believe we're getting Windjammers HD, UMVC3, MVC"4", Parapa the Rapper / Locoroco / Patapon remastered, TLOU2, Wipeout Remaster etc. Same for the Yakuza games.

Vane looked incredible as well, with a soundtrack (or trailer song at least) that could have been made by Daft Punk. Crash looked quite good too. Horizon, Gravity Rush 2 and TLG looked incredible.

Garou being available now along with UMVC3 is unbelievable. (Everyone, please buy Garou so we can stimulate SNK to finish Garou 2!)

Akuma in SFV might be my favorite version of him ever.

The only things missing were no FFVII:R footage and no Demon's Souls / Dark Souls remaster or Bloodborne 2 but a human being can't have everything at once I suppose.

Of course you can have those comments. People just pointing out this one is for the Sony faithful. Celebrating playstation hence all the cool retro stuff and smeg all 3rd parties.

Jennipeg

My point was only that this show is a celebration of Playstation for Playstation fans. They are the main audience, so you saying it hasn't brought you in as a new customer, and therefore it is a bad show seems odd to me. No offence meant.

Top Bottom