• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Netherlands pokes fun at Xbox One delay

Thrakier

Sega has done some fucking insane ads

vintage-ads-sega-1.jpg

There is another one with a bare ass guy and it's essentially a masturbation and going blind joke. They had a slew of "what nintendont" ads and the Dreamcast ads were just bananas. Sega has always done fun and weird ads. They also have dissed just about every system that was in direct competition and i like that. I wish Sony did more jabs and i wish MS would do jabs. Why? Because it's all harmless fun.

Wow...

Shin

Banned
Haha, that's rather funny and clever in my opinion.
Though why do they keep using the same image (PS4 with vertical stand and the ugly side of the DS4?).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

vintage-ads-sega-1.jpg

There is another one with a bare ass guy and it's essentially a masturbation and going blind joke. They had a slew of "what nintendont" ads and the Dreamcast ads were just bananas. Sega has always done fun and weird ads. They also have dissed just about every system that was in direct competition and i like that. I wish Sony did more jabs and i wish MS would do jabs. Why? Because it's all harmless fun.

One of my favourites was 'Who on earth would wait 2 years for a plumber?'*, underneath a big Saturn logo.

Was put in the UK mags while we waited forever for the N64...

* i'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist...

Au{R}oN

Banned

vintage-ads-sega-1.jpg

"Sega" in italian means "handjob" trolol.

nampad

How about delivering the fucking KZ megabundle in Germany at launch instead of making fun? Enough fuckups of your own to deal with Sony.

Mr Moose

Haha good one

So Xbox Green is not copyrighted like Coke Red? (not checked the hex to see if it is Xbox green though...) Then again this would fall under satire I suppose.

Wait what? You can copyright a colour? That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard :|

*Boycotts Coke*

Wait what? You can copyright a colour? That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard :|

*Boycotts Coke*
I got it wrong. It is a trademark. When trademarks originated in bread to say "I made this" you can understand why having a drinks bottle of a certain red shade is a similar trademark infringement but it would seem the colour itself is only part of the equation these days (I think in the case of coca cola the white text is as important).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's consoles and the Dutch.

Mr Moose

I got it wrong. It is a trademark. When trademarks originated in bread to say "I made this" you can understand why having a drinks bottle of a certain red shade is a similar trademark infringement but it would seem the colour itself is only part of the equation these days (I think in the case of coca cola the white text is as important).

The world is insane! It's a colour :O I don't want to live here any more...

Top Bottom