• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

August 4
  • GALAK-Z (PS4)
  • Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment (PS4)
August 11
  • Actual Sunlight (Vita)
  • Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (PS4)
  • Goat Simulator (PS4, PS3)
  • XBlaze Lost Memories (PS3, Vita)
August 18
  • DiscStorm (Vita)
  • Dungeon Travelers 2 (Vita)
  • Volume (PS4, Vita)
August 21
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Vita)
  • Risen 3: Titan Lords Enhanced Edition (PS4)
August 25
  • Amnesia: Memories (Vita)
  • Dishonored Definitive Edition (PS4)
  • Madden NFL 16 (PS4, PS3)
  • Nova-111 (PS4, Vita)
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Steins;Gate (PS3, Vita)
  • Until Dawn (PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • CastleStorm Complete Edition (PS3, Vita)
  • God of War: Ascension (PS3)
  • Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)
  • Limbo (PS4)
  • Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4, PS3, Vita)

WQhwkXV.png

• Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!

xmIyAUV.png
Posting this now because I'm going to be busy during the next few days.

RK128

Happy August everyone :D!

July was a great month for me due to getting a number of great games on sale (ReBirth 2, Gradius Collection, ect) alongside it being a great time to play games :). The anime expo brought some fantastic news (Digimon CS being localized, Zero Escape 3 and Dangrompa 3 being announced, more info on the SAO games, ect) and while its Kickstarter was badly run, Red Ash could be a interesting game using elements from Mega Man Legends.

Overall it was a great month and I look forward to what Gamescom brings to the PS Vita and PS4 :D.

Last month I also learned bout Ar No Surge and after reading the Ciel No Surge summary + listening to its soundtrack....I have to get Ar No Surge Plus at some point this fall XD.

Edit: O_O!

I....I got to the top of the wall of shame XD! Man, didn't think I would be posting THAT much last month XD. Gaf record made for myself :'). Wonder if I can keep it at that this month :D.

Hi!

Can't wait for Re:HF to drop in Europe, otherwise this month is pretty empty for me. But I have IA/VT and Taiko V on their way to me so that's fine :)

Not sure about Galak-Z yet and I'll get the EU release of DT2 in October.

EDIT: Yo #2. Moving up in the world

RK128

Hi!

Can't wait for Re:HF to drop in Europe, otherwise this month is pretty empty for me. But I have IA/VT and Taiko V on their way to me so that's fine :)

EDIT: Yo #2. Moving up in the world

I don't own a PS4, so can't get Re:HF yet, but from what I saw of the game online and in the thread on the title, it looks like a great remaster/remake/ect of the Vita game :). So when you get, hope you have fun with it :D.

I will get it for sure this fall on my PS4 when I get mine (along with many, many more games XD).

On the wall of shame again.

August is a busy month for me. Resi Revelations 2 Vita + Lost Dimension (EU release), which I think I'll get after all. Then DanganRonpa in September (and Nobunaga's Ambition).

Plus my backlog from the last few months!

I don't own a PS4, so can't get Re:HF yet, but from what I saw of the game online and in the thread on the title, it looks like a great remaster/remake/ect of the Vita game :). So when you get, hope you have fun with it :D.

I will get it for sure this fall on my PS4 when I get mine (along with many, many more games XD).

Yeah it looks much better than I expected. I never got far at all in the Vita version (and I feel like I wasted 25€ on it now but whatever), but this version seems so much better, I'm very impressed.

I've fallen off the wall of shame, shamefully.

That said, you're missing some Vita releases;

August 11th
Actual Sunlight
XBlaze Lost: Memories

August 14th
DiscStorm

August 18th
Resident Evil Revelations 2

August 25th
Nova-111

RK128

Yeah it looks much better than I expected. I never got far at all in the Vita version (and I feel like I wasted 25€ on it now but whatever), but this version seems so much better, I'm very impressed.

I'm surprised about that myself; thought that it would of been a up-rezzed port of Hollow Fragment with a better translation (or a least a slightly better one) but they really went all out in bringing the game to the PS4.

Female Avatar, extra story content, Vita save transfer, online play and more really help the game become a better experience on PS4 :). Its a shame none of those new features were added to the Vita version but that is crying over spilled milk in my eyes honestly :l.

The Vita version was the result of Bamco releasing a budget-release to complement Tales of Hearts R in 2014 but it exploded, leading to Bamco having more value in the SAO brand, thus ensuring this remaster and its sequel (Lost Song) get a proper translation alongside more care.

I still have hope they will at least update the Vita translation with a future patch (they could do that, as the most recent patch was 600MB and all it had was the save-transfer feature), but I'm not holding my breath on that either.

maouvin

RK128 made more than 10% of the posts last month, lol. Pretty sure this is a new record. Go play some games, kiddo :p

Slow month for me, only some badass sales could prevent wallet-san on maintaining its pre-september fast.

RK128

RK128 made more than 10% of the posts last month, lol. Pretty sure this is a new record. Go play some games, kiddo :p

Slow month for me, only some badass sales could prevent wallet-san on maintaining its pre-september fast.

I know man XD. And I have been playing a number of Vita games; put a total of 40+ hours into Tales of Hearts R and ReBirth 2 combined alongside bouncing across numerous PSN, PSP and PS1 games :).

My goal for August is to not buy anything new outside of the 'free' Plus games; want to beat the following:
-Tales of Hearts R
-ReBirth 1
-ReBirth 2
-LittleBigPlanet Vita
-Crash 1-2
-Spyro 1-2

That way I can download new games from my large, large backlog and try to beat those.

Want to start my playthrough of the MGS series at some point.....

Yay, new thread!

August is reserved for backlog clearing and studying :p.
And Amnesia.

I got to study and prepare for my new semester of college myself :). Studying for a big ALST Teaching Certification Exam for Aug. 20th (should be fun X() and reading tons of Sign Language books to prepare for Advanced Sign Language (need to get at least a B+ in that class this fall); should be fine with all the free time I have thankfully :).

Saphirax

I know man XD. And I have been playing a number of Vita games; put a total of 40+ hours into Tales of Hearts R and ReBirth 2 combined alongside bouncing across numerous PSN, PSP and PS1 games :).

My goal for August is to not buy anything new outside of the 'free' Plus games; want to beat the following:
-Tales of Hearts R
-ReBirth 1
-ReBirth 2
-LittleBigPlanet Vita
-Crash 1-2
-Spyro 1-2

That way I can download new games from my large, large backlog and try to beat those.

Want to start my playthrough of the MGS series at some point.....

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Do it~ My avatar compels you.
studying and amnesia seem like a bad combination :p

Hahaha, oh man, how did I miss that? Hopefully it doesn't end up that way! :p

I got to study and prepare for my new semester of college myself :). Studying for a big ALST Teaching Certification Exam for Aug. 20th (should be fun X() and reading tons of Sign Language books to prepare for Advanced Sign Language (need to get at least a B+ in that class this fall); should be fine with all the free time I have thankfully :).

Good luck! My exams are in September, but yeah - there's enough free time for that :D.

It's the August thread!

B19uidP.gif

Gamescom baby, woot. In previous years Gamescom has been better than E3. I wonder if the same can be said this year after all the megatons we got.

RK128

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Do it~ My avatar compels you.

Hahaha, oh man, how did I miss that? Hopefully it doesn't end up that way! :p

The series never clicked with me despite owning all the mainline games on my Vita (MGS1-3) and PS3 (MGS4, Rising). I guess starting on easy and going from there is my best move for the games I guess :). Once I beat my games in that list (at least the JRPG's) I will be putting the MGS Collection and MGS 1 on my Vita for sure and try to playthrough those games before December (when I should be getting my PS4).

Edit: Thank you for the luck man :D! Wish you luck too with your testing :).

It's the August thread!

B19uidP.gif

Gamescom baby, woot. In previous years Gamescom has been better than E3. I wonder if the same can be said this year after all the megatons we got.

Between all the likely indie game announcements and hopefully news on God Eater in the west, I have high expectations from Gamescom this year :). Hope we see some new information on FFXV and other Square Enix games :D.

Ryan95

I'm willing to buy RERev2 on Vita, but I have this issue: on my Memory Card I actually have SAO:HF. Even if I've beaten it, I'd like to just keep my save without having the whole game copied on my PC. Do you think there's a method to just copy the save without PS Plus?

Saphirax

The series never clicked with me despite owning all the mainline games on my Vita (MGS1-3) and PS3 (MGS4, Rising). I guess starting on easy and going from there is my best move for the games I guess :). Once I beat my games in that list (at least the JRPG's) I will be putting the MGS Collection and MGS 1 on my Vita for sure and try to playthrough those games before December (when I should be getting my PS4).

Edit: Thank you for the luck man :D! Wish you luck too with your testing :).

Between all the likely indie game announcements and hopefully news on God Eater in the west, I have high expectations from Gamescom this year :). Hope we see some new information on FFXV and other Square Enix games :D.

MGS 1 can be a bit rough so if that doesn't click with you I suggest you try 3. If you play it on very easy you get a tranq gun with infinite ammo + it's an easy platinum.
I blacked out the little frogs from my mind.

RK128

MGS 1 can be a bit rough so if that doesn't click with you I suggest you try 3. If you play it on very easy you get a tranq gun with infinite ammo + it's an easy platinum.
I blacked out the little frogs from my mind.

I will try out MGS3 first then and play it on easy (very easy feels a bit to cheap to me honestly :)). Thanks for the heads up Saphirax :D.

I'm willing to buy RERev2 on Vita, but I have this issue: on my Memory Card I actually have SAO:HF. Even if I've beaten it, I'd like to just keep my save without having the whole game copied on my PC. Do you think there's a method to just copy the save without PS Plus?

The latest patch of the Vita version has an option to upload the save into a cloud from the game; it will go to Bamco's servers and when you get Re:Hollow Fragment, you select the same option on the PS4 screen and you download your Vita save. You could back-up your save to PS+ to be safe after you do that too but you have to do the Save-Upload option in the Vita version to get your data carried over to the PS4 version.

Edit: Completely mis-understood your post X(. Sorry about that; YianGaruga did a much better job explaining things better then I did :).

FF XV is a lock since they have said it themselves. I'd be happy to see more of Horizon, but I believe Sony said that they wouldn't be there this year. This leaves me with only the 3rd parties. This being an EU event I am hoping to see Bamco give me some love (won't happen).

Now that I think about it, aside from the S-E stuff, what's there to be excited about this year? I mean I feel like we got everything at E3 already. Usually it's the other way around.

There is, but it's a bit complicated and I never did it myself
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39681435&postcount=18456

Basically, you copy the entrie game to your PC, then delete everything that isn't the save file and keep just that.

If you want it back, you have to copy the game from your Vita to your PC again, replace the save file with your backup, and restore it to your Vita.

If you want to go that road I'd try it with a few games before you go all out to make sure it works.

RK128

FF XV is a lock since they have said it themselves. I'd be happy to see more of Horizon, but I believe Sony said that they wouldn't be there this year. This leaves me with only the 3rd parties. This being an EU event I am hoping to see Bamco give me some love (won't happen).

Now that I think about it, aside from the S-E stuff, what's there to be excited about this year? I mean I feel like we got everything at E3 already. Usually it's the other way around.

I could see Nintendo announcing a new game or two and/or having a surprise Smash Direct announcing/showing off the new DLC they have in the works.

EA might show off two more new IP (as they said they have three of them in the works, one of them being Unraveled) alongside maybe showing off Visceral's Star Wars game (very promising considering Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver/Uncharted 2 writer is on board with that game :D) and maybe more information on Mass Effect Andromeda.

2K is showing off Maffa III off at Gamescom and likely has a Rockstar project to tease/show off.

Activision might show off a new CoD mode for Black Ops III or something Destiny related.

Bamco might announce localization plans for God Eater 2:RB and Resurrection (hope so) for next year alongside maybe hinting at more to come (they have Ray Giant coming I think and that Yakusa-like game too).

Edit: YianGaruga also pointed out that Tecmo Koei is teasing a new announcement for Gamescom for an Omega Force (DQ: Heroes and Hyrule Warriors developers). My bet its them tackling a new IP or working with Nintendo/Sony for a Hyrule Warriors-style game :).

Ryan95

There is, but it's a bit complicated and I never did it myself
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39681435&postcount=18456

Basically, you copy the entrie game to your PC, then delete everything that isn't the save file and keep just that.

If you want it back, you have to copy the game from your Vita to your PC again, replace the save file with your backup, and restore it to your Vita.

If you want to go that road I'd try it with a few games before you go all out to make sure it works.

Thanks, I'm going to try that with some other games before SAO:HF

The latest patch of the Vita version has an option to upload the save into a cloud from the game; it will go to Bamco's servers

Thanks to you too: If only my 4GB memory card could download the latest patch, I'd have tried to upload my HF save to the cloud and check if I could've imported into the Vita version again

Kudo

Sword Art Online for me this month, and still waiting for Ar NoSurge Plus and Makai Shin Trillion so have to play those.
Also finally getting that new computer so guess I'll spend some time fixing it to shape too.
Good month ahead!

SerTapTap

Goat sim is getting a PS3 release?? Is it UE3 or something? I heard that makes the port much easier.

Not a bad month, interested to see how Until Dawn turns out but won't be buying day one. Hope Galak-Z is great

Tearaway's Japanese art is cute:

-Spyro 1-2

Love me some Spyro, crash honestly never really clicked for me, Spyro tho. That WAS playstation for me for a while.

Not to try to dissuade you from learning the language, but I have a base knowledge of Japanese and the vast majority of menus and descriptions are completely incomprehensible. Games rarely have furigana (the symbols above the kanji that tell you how to read it), so until you're at a sufficiently advanced level to read a significant percentage of the 1800-ish kanji in common usage, you're going to have a tough time with any game not targeted at kids.

It's a very worthwhile endeavor, and even what little I know has enriched my enjoyment of Japanese media of all sorts, but don't expect to study for a month and understand more than a couple of the simplest menus and not a single item or ability description.

Again, I'm not trying to dissuade you. The months of effort I've put in really do feel worth it. Just go in with realistic expectations or you'll just be frustrated and disappointed.

Yeah Japanese is kind of a nightmare to learn any way you look at it. Funny enough depending on the game a significant amount of the UI may end up in English (or at least icons), many shmups have only basic menus and are 95% Japanese, and Neptunia Victory 2 uses a surprising amount of english. But not all games are like that and you certainly won't understand the story. I'm really not looking forward to trying to learn at a more serious level TBH. Language is great. Languages are terrible.

RK128

Goat sim is getting a PS3 release?? Is it UE3 or something? I heard that makes the port much easier.

Not a bad month, interested to see how Until Dawn turns out but won't be buying day one. Hope Galak-Z is great

Love me some Spyro, crash honestly never really clicked for me, Spyro tho. That WAS playstation for me for a while.

I remember playing Spyro before Crash when I was little XD; was so frustrated with the original Spyro when I was little that I broke the disk in half :'(. But hey, that is what PSN is for! Got them on my Vita thanks to the great PSN Glitch of 2014 and they are great games that still hold up well :).

The visuals and music specially really are fantastic to this day; such color to the visuals and the music is some of Insomniac's best work next to the PS2 Ratchet games.

Surprised to hear that Goat Simulator is landing on PS3 too; thought it was PS4 only. If the game runs well on PS3 and its at a good price, might get it to mess around with stuff XD.

Saphirax

Horizon is going to be at Gamescom :D and Sony is going to be there (they have the biggest booths) they just won't have a conference.

PS games I'm getting this month:

•Dungeon Travelers 2 (Vita)
•Steins;Gate (PS3, Vita)

Not like I'll have any time with finishing Ar nosurge + ETRIAN ODYSSEY 2 UNTOLD.

SerTapTap

I'm considering not buying anything but I'll probably break, for Galak-z at the minimum. But I need to finish a lot of stuff too.

Hikami

Nothing for me this month thankfully. So many other games on PC/3DS releasing this month that I'm interested in.

Next month though, it'll finally be Danganronpa time.

Happy Ghost Month anyone?

Depending on whether I can get a job or not, I'm looking at DT2 for this month. Otherwise I'll just save for my EDF fix.

Ventara

Just Lost Memories and Dungeon Travelers 2 for me this month. And the PS+ games, of course. Might get Actual Sunlight and RE: Revelations 2 if either are good.

On a side note, kinda surprised I made the list of top posters with how little I post. These threads have definitely slowed down.

I enjoyed it, still didn't finish it though. As you know the fanservice is strong with this one.
I didn't know lol. But thanks for the warning. My last DRPG was Operation Abyss, and not to say the game is bad, but it left a bad after taste in my mouth. Left me wondering if I'm still as into the genre as I used to be.

I didn't know lol. But thanks for the warning. My last DRPG was Operation Abyss, and not to say the game is bad, but it left a bad after taste in my mouth. Left me wondering if I'm still as into the genre as I used to be.

The demo gives a pretty good idea of what to look forward to. So give it a try before you commit.

The demo gives a pretty good idea of what to look forward to. So give it a try before you commit.
Yeah I don't mind fan service, but it can be detrimental to my experience if the whole game revolves around it. Now if the gameplay is solid I may even overlook it.

I have to wonder, in this short amount of time will they show us new footage? Or just the section that was shown behind close doors to the media outlets at E3?

Saphirax

Yeah I don't mind fan service, but it can be detrimental to my experience if the whole game revolves around it. Now if the gameplay is solid I may even overlook it.

I have to wonder, in this short amount of time will they show us new footage? Or just the section that was shown behind close doors to the media outlets at E3?

I hope they show something new. Regardless, I believe we'll get some new info next week no matter what.

pariah164

Mmm, new thread.

Good to see my name on the Wall of Shame again.

Nothing for me to purchase this month; I'm out till September.

Doofcake

Happy August! I'm brand new to the PSN world. Going to buy a PS4 tomorrow morning.
I had a PSP back when it came out but didn't connect to PSN for some reason.

Going to buy a year of PS+ and already have purchased TLoU:R.
Excited for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Dishonored Definitive Edition. Played the hell out of Dishonored back when, but wouldn't mind having another go.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Id say if something as simple as OA turned you off, then most def you are just not into the genre.

Top Bottom