• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2016

I gotta agree, FF XV I thought had TERRIBLE showings on both sides. Xbox had the most boring and worst fight demo, the Sony side had... Afrojack? To say that FF XV was the lowest point of Sony's conference is something that makes me really sad, as someone that has been waiting for this game for almost 10 years. Come on Tabatha, make me want to play it :( The Part 2 Brotherhood anime short made me care more about the game than any footage they have shown so far.

Saphirax

I gotta agree, FF XV I thought had TERRIBLE showings on both sides. Xbox had the most boring and worst fight demo, the Sony side had... Afrojack? To say that FF XV was the lowest point of Sony's conference is something that makes me really sad, as someone that has been waiting for this game for almost 10 years. Come on Tabatha, make me want to play it :( The Part 2 Brotherhood anime short made me care more about the game than any footage they have shown so far.

Did you watch yesterday's 'ATR'? The gameplay shown was much better than that Titan crap.

Wait mode, magic you can customize by gathering certain materials, combat flows better etc.

Prelude.

In today's episode of "NISAxSony shenanigans":

The Odin Sphere demo that was supposed to come out last week in Europe is now planned to go live, as per the PS Blog, on June 17, for PS4 and... PS3.

Saphirax

The Odin Sphere demo that was supposed to come out last week in Europe is now planned to go live, as per the PS Blog, on June 17, for PS4 and... PS3.

The best thing about this is that you can never be sure if it's just the PS blog's fault for not mentioning it or if the demo actually got delayed.

Did you watch yesterday's 'ATR'? The gameplay shown was much better than that Titan crap.

Wait mode, magic you can customize by gathering certain materials, combat flows better etc.

Just bits and pieces, but that wasn't what the general public watched. I honestly have friends saying they don't want to get the game anymore and it all happened in the course of one day, because of those two presentations. You would think those millions they were putting into marketing would do the game some good...

yaffi

I heard (and saw in yt videos) the PS3 version runs and looks great but I can't decide if I should get it. So if true, a PS3 demo would be nice, imo.

Prelude.

I heard (and saw in yt videos) the PS3 version runs and looks great but I can't decide if I should get it. So if true, a PS3 demo would be nice, imo.
Yeah but I don't think it exists.
The PS3 version is virtually identical to the PS4 one, if you don't want the Vita version, you can go for that since it's cheaper.

autoduelist

I dug the conference. Horizon? Yes please. Biker zombies? Looks fun. Spiderman? Holy hell yeah. Resident evil and Death Stranding!?!?!? Heeeeeeeellll yeah. And while FF didn't have the best showing, I already know I want it.

The conference was wall to wall games, and I wanted almost all of them. Zero complaints.

I dug the conference. Horizon? Yes please. Biker zombies? Looks fun. Spiderman? Holy hell yeah. Resident evil and Death Stranding!?!?!? Heeeeeeeellll yeah. And while FF didn't have the best showing, I already know I want it.

The conference was wall to wall games, and I wanted almost all of them. Zero complaints.

I loved the back to back gameplay with the live orchestra playing all the time. It was truly brilliant. My heart kept racing throughout the entire thing ahaha.

yaffi

Yeah but I don't think it exists.
The PS3 version is virtually identical to the PS4 one, if you don't want the Vita version, you can go for that since it's cheaper.

I think the Vita's screen might be too small for me in this case. I had the same problem with Dragon's Crown. And I don't own a PS4. So this really might be the only solution for me.

maouvin

I loved the back to back gameplay with the live orchestra playing all the time. It was truly brilliant. My heart kept racing throughout the entire thing ahaha.

I, for one, am sure that they didn't show GR2 on the conf because Tanaka's work being played live would be too much for everyone's hearts.

I agree, it was an amazing conference (for PS4), I don't know if you left out Detroit, Titan Fall 2 and Last Guardian on purpose but I'm interested in those games as well.

However, I feel a little sad that they didn't promote any smaller games and I haven't even seen a "indie game" compilation video.

I just saw a stream of Rain World and Death's Gambit and they both looks like great games and I'm really sad that they won't be on the V.

Edit:I'm looking at the FF12 stream now and I can't see why they don't release it for the Vita

Pata

Nah, if the PS3 version didn't get a demo in NA I don't think EU will get a demo for PS3. The EU Blog Store post has mistakes (and games missing) almost every week, most likely the demo listed for PS3 will be for Vita.

MajorMane

Hi Sony-GAF. I wasn't sure where to end up putting this post, so I figured the most current PSN thread might work out.

Anyway, I was very impressed with Sony's E3 Conference and decided to take the plunge and buy a PS4. I was talking with my friend who works at a used game shop and he mentioned that I might want to wait until Sony announces the PS4 Neo. He figures that the price will drop at this point.

So, I have a few questions: Do you think the price of the regular PS4 will drop upon the announcement of the Neo? If yes, do you think the drop in price will be me worth waiting for however long that is?

I appreciate the input. There are a few games already released on the PS4 that would make it worth buying now while waiting for other games.

On that note, what games on the PS4 would you all suggest I start out playing? For reference, I have an Xbone, Wii U, and gaming PC, so in regards to third parties, I'm pretty much covered.

Massa

Hi Sony-GAF. I wasn't sure where to end up putting this post, so I figured the most current PSN thread might work out.

Anyway, I was very impressed with Sony's E3 Conference and decided to take the plunge and buy a PS4. I was talking with my friend who works at a used game shop and he mentioned that I might want to wait until Sony announces the PS4 Neo. He figures that the price will drop at this point.

So, I have a few questions: Do you think the price of the regular PS4 will drop upon the announcement of the Neo? If yes, do you think the drop in price will be me worth waiting for however long that is?

I appreciate the input. There are a few games already released on the PS4 that would make it worth buying now while waiting for other games.

On that note, what games on the PS4 would you all suggest I start out playing? For reference, I have an Xbone, Wii U, and gaming PC, so in regards to third parties, I'm pretty much covered.

The PS4 is currently $349, personally I expect it to drop to $299 after the Neo releases, so they'll have one at 299 and one at 399. Whether it's worth waiting for or not is up to you. They did say the standard PS4 will stay on the market so I don't expect its value to drop significantly, and if you get it used you won't lose too much if you decide to upgrade when it's eventually released.

If you didn't have a PS3 then there are a number of great games Sony re-released on PS4: The Last of Us, the Uncharted Collection, Journey, God of War 3 and the Heavy Rain/Beyond bundle come to mind. I think these are all worth playing.

Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne are the two must play PS4 games. inFamous is a very fun super power open world game, and there's basically two available (Second Son and First Light). Driveclub is my favorite arcade racing game in years, definitely worth it if you like racing games. Until Dawn is a fantastic story based game, it's basically a playable B-movie horror where the decisions you make have an impact on the story. On the other end of the spectrum there's Ratchet and Clank which is just a fun game from beginning to end, and beautiful as well. LittleBigPlanet 3 also has a very fun story mode and you can probably find it for cheap these days.

ty_hot

Got the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for under 4$ (Brazil PS Store). I played TR for the last time on the PS1, but I think this one will be worth it (come on, less than 4 obamas).

Also got the Drive Club + Season Pass for 15$ and NBA 2k16 (free). Plus the MGS Ground Zeroes that I have from many months ago (created my PSN account with 15 day free trial just to get this game), and I think now I am ready to get a PS4 and have some fun without investing any more money.

Awesome.

Shame I missed a great deal on Amazon last week, PS4 1TB + Unch4 for 330 euros =( Should have grabbed that as well.

Oh, every week they have different games with discounts on PS+? Do they announce in advance or we just have to wait and hope for the best?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_eVI2qeJIg

Best RPG system ever.
May or may not be NSFW depending on your standards.

Some info:
>You can use buttons when baking Pies instead of touch screen.
>It is possible to have the stat growth you want and still have the Original Pie flavor.
>There are also PAIZAP, which allows your Pie baking to take form faster in exchange for not getting any status at all.

"Bake your ideal Pie!"

I'm still debating whether I want to play Steins;Gate 0 or watch the anime. If it is anything like the original, that too was perfect.
You should play it, there's no way they'll adapt all the different routes (which I think I heard are even crazier than the first game's endings)

Edit: Oh, speaking of Steins;Gate 0 we've got our first look at the localization (contains potential spoilers from the first S;G game): https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/743451685637468160

Prelude.

I'm still debating whether I want to play Steins;Gate 0 or watch the anime. If it is anything like the original, that too was perfect.
Seriously? The anime is unusually good for a VN adaptation, but it can't hold a candle to the VN, in every aspect.
Except Okabe's laughs, those were better in the anime.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The italian vita store sucks, is it the only one? You can find Stranger of Sword City and who knows what other games only using the search(think how much this affects these games sales), ok i guess some oversight is possible, but there's no section for the new sale... what the hell?!?!

Is this the right place to ask? I recently tried to login to my PS4 and watch Netflix which is all I have used it for in a while. It says I am suspended, I contact support and they say I had purchased NBA 2K16currency and gotten it refunded through the bank in February. I have never even played that game or bought anything for it, I never requested a refund for anything through the bank either. Now I either pay 99.24 or I can never use my PSN account is what support told me. Is PS customer service always this terrible? I am so close to selling my PS4.

I'll play the game then. If given the option I generally prefer watching anime since that means I only have to spend 20mins/wk in order to have the story told to me in its entirety, however with how much I loved Steins;Gate I think it would be a much rather pleasant and cerebral experience to just go through the actual novel. I'm sure the anime is going to be great, specially if it's handled by the same directors and studio as the original, but this time around I think I may want to not only experience the game but support this publisher for bringing VNs over to the West.

Saphirax

We did, however, have a brief talk with Victor Ireland regarding the voice acting and dubbing of the game. We were told that the licensing costs for the Japanese voices were simply astronomical, and the localized version will only have the English dub because of it. To put it into perspective, the cost to license the Japanese VAs would cost more than the entire revenue that Class of Heroes 2 brought

http://nichegamer.com/2016/06/15/summon-night-6-hands-on-preview-summoning-for-the-win/

Yikes.

I hope the dub doesn't end up being horrible.

Saphirax

Considering they had to gut the JP VA in Summon Night 5's English release, I can understand that quote. At least the English Dub (if that was showed off during the demo?) sounded good. I trust they have a good English voice cast for the game :).

If I recall correctly, a big complaint about the game was that it wasn't fully voiced. So, even if the dub ends up being horrible we won't have to hear it all the time :p.

Shizuka

Considering they had to gut the JP VA in Summon Night 5's English release, I can understand that quote. At least the English Dub (if that was showed off during the demo?) sounded good. I trust they have a good English voice cast for the game :).

Which demo?

https://kresnik258reviews.wordpress.com/2016/06/16/vita-the-muppets-movie-adventures-review/

I finished my Muppets: Movie Adventures review. I hated it. But I felt the need to write my thoughts down on why I hated it.

I remember playing through the game around release since I get anything and everything for the Vita, and even then I was insulted by this game. It was just awful, especially as the game crashed on the 2nd? level right at the very end, forcing me to play it all through again... it was ugly, had a terrible frame rate, terrible combat/platforming... nothing redeeming about it at all.

I remember playing through the game around release since I get anything and everything for the Vita, and even then I was insulted by this game. It was just awful, especially as the game crashed on the 2nd? level right at the very end, forcing me to play it all through again... it was ugly, had a terrible frame rate, terrible combat/platforming... nothing redeeming about it at all.

I mean, it's not the worst thing I've ever played, but it's just so... dull, for lack of a better word, and full of issues. It's a shame because I bought the game despite expecting it to be rubbish in the hope there might be some glimmers of fun in there, but there wasn't.

I should be putting up an EDF 2017 review tomorrow, which was a much better game. I haven't just been wasting my time on crappy stuff :p

carlos

I'm sure it has been asked before, so apologies beforehand, but will buying 2 years of ps plus for 99.98 qualify you for the "buy 100, get 15 back" promotion?

I believe it has always worked like this, but I'd like to verify with you guys so I can avoid getting screwed over because of a couple of cents.

Saphirax

I'm sure it has been asked before, so apologies beforehand, but will buying 2 years of ps plus for 99.98 qualify you for the "buy 100, get 15 back" promotion?

I believe it has always worked like this, but I'd like to verify with you guys so I can avoid getting screwed over because of a couple of cents.

I don't think it has ever worked like that? It needs to be 100 or more to qualify.

Ephidel

When they used to do the promotions for spending $50 they did used to overlook the odd cent, but I don't know if that's the case anymore with the higher barrier.

carlos

Thanks for your responses, guys

Indeed, I checked with sony support and yeah, you have to get to 100 bucks....the days of them gifting a cent are over, lol.

hmmm I was going to go for battlefield hardline until I saw the download size....not really interested in omega quintet....at least I have a few days to think about it.

I got Mortal Kombat X in the sale, and though it seems like a great package for the price, and it is quite nostalgic to me, I'm shocked at how poor the graphics look. It looks like a high res PS3 game. I expected it to look better than Killer Instinct at least.

Not a real knock on the game, just shocked as I thought I remembered it looking better in trailers. It just looks very flat with drab textures.

Top Bottom