• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2016

autoduelist

Is this the right place to ask? I recently tried to login to my PS4 and watch Netflix which is all I have used it for in a while. It says I am suspended, I contact support and they say I had purchased NBA 2K16currency and gotten it refunded through the bank in February. I have never even played that game or bought anything for it, I never requested a refund for anything through the bank either. Now I either pay 99.24 or I can never use my PSN account is what support told me. Is PS customer service always this terrible? I am so close to selling my PS4.

That's not terrible. You did a chargeback on them without contacting them first. That costs them a ton of money -- if you just told them you didn't buy it they'd have refunded you. Instead, you did a chargeback which means the bank doesn't return the money to Sony and fines them for the chargeback. Sony is basically saying: pay the fine you made us pay.

Chargebacks are meant to be last resort, after all communication with a merchant fails, not the 'go to' option. Many companies refuse to do business with people who do chargebacks, and I don't blame them.

Hi Sony-GAF. I wasn't sure where to end up putting this post, so I figured the most current PSN thread might work out.

Anyway, I was very impressed with Sony's E3 Conference and decided to take the plunge and buy a PS4. I was talking with my friend who works at a used game shop and he mentioned that I might want to wait until Sony announces the PS4 Neo. He figures that the price will drop at this point.

So, I have a few questions: Do you think the price of the regular PS4 will drop upon the announcement of the Neo? If yes, do you think the drop in price will be me worth waiting for however long that is?

I appreciate the input. There are a few games already released on the PS4 that would make it worth buying now while waiting for other games.

On that note, what games on the PS4 would you all suggest I start out playing? For reference, I have an Xbone, Wii U, and gaming PC, so in regards to third parties, I'm pretty much covered.

Personally, i'd just get it now. Getting into the waiting game for price breaks never seems worth it to me; the enjoyment of having it now, rather than 6 months from now, is worth $50 to me [as opposed to the stress of wondering when the price might drop $50].

Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 for starters.
On PSN, resogun remains amazing [there are lots more].

That's not terrible. You did a chargeback on them without contacting them first. That costs them a ton of money -- if you just told them you didn't buy it they'd have refunded you. Instead, you did a chargeback which means the bank doesn't return the money to Sony and fines them for the chargeback. Sony is basically saying: pay the fine you made us pay.

Chargebacks are meant to be last resort, after all communication with a merchant fails, not the 'go to' option. Many companies refuse to do business with people who do chargebacks, and I don't blame them.
It's customary to read posts before responding to them.

Flash sale tomorrow?

Is this the right place to ask? I recently tried to login to my PS4 and watch Netflix which is all I have used it for in a while. It says I am suspended, I contact support and they say I had purchased NBA 2K16currency and gotten it refunded through the bank in February. I have never even played that game or bought anything for it, I never requested a refund for anything through the bank either. Now I either pay 99.24 or I can never use my PSN account is what support told me. Is PS customer service always this terrible? I am so close to selling my PS4.

Make a thread about it. If it catches enough steam you might get lucky but I wouldn't count on it. I've seen this happen sevral times and it rarely favors the user.

Benedict

Have you talked with your bank? Check your activity there and also ask Sony to what account the refund went to. Also ask for a receipt from Sony, which you should have gotten in February.
Sony should provide you with evidence of the transaction and your bank should have information about that as well.

incpdo

Does anybody knows how long the sony reward page will add the extra points of the e3 sale
i see it added the regular points but the sale said it was x3 in items of such sale. So i bought Akiba's Strip hoping to get also those extra points so i can exchange them for a 10 dollars psn code .

Changing subject i will buy caligula but its a shame there is no physical copy. Does anybody know how big in size is the game ?

incpdo

It's not even out in Japan yet :p

Yeah, Persona-esque game published by Atlus. Surely that'd sell enough to warrant a physical print in at least one region.

i see. i hope its not 2.6 gigas like akiba's trip (which ill buy again in its physical release)

But Summon Night is most anticipated game . My anxiety will kill me .

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yesterday i impulse bought Bard's Gold, it looks like an interesting retro platformer/roguelike, there are 100 randomized levels, 3 modes: normal(4 lives no energy, less loot, less random, checkpoints), retro(2 lives no energy, more loot, more random, checkpoints) and roguelike(single life with enegy, lots of loot, lots of randomness, no checkpoints), when you die you can buy permanent upgrades, i didn't have the time to play it, the start screen is bad but the game looks good, here's the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTCmqAL18ds

Powwa

The day that Atlus releases Digital games over physical is happening. This one too one would think it's be physical, it has Atlus written all over it.

I mean printing costs and all that, I get it. But why did Lost Dimension got a physical print and this one is skipped. Doesn't this one has more chance of selling more due to the Persona-esque aesthetics and gameplay?

Dear lord in heaven those comments. I always knew victor Ireland was kind of controversial but wow... For me I enjoy his localizations, don't really care on Japanese voices (especially with a good financial reason like it looks like they have) and just want to play the game in a language I understand but those commenters take this to the next level of insane...

I mean printing costs and all that, I get it. But why did Lost Dimension got a physical print and this one is skipped. Doesn't this one has more chance of selling more due to the Persona-esque aesthetics and gameplay?

Vita retail landscape in 2015 vs. 2017 is the difference.

That said, Gaijinworks (Summon Night 6); NISA (Genso Wanderer) and XSEED (Fate/Extella) are all still releasing games, so I doubt it'll be that bad.

Plus like you say, it's Atlus (who have a built-in fanbase) and the game looks Persona-esque, so I'm certain it'd at least be profitable for them to do a retail run.

Really disappointed. Hope they change their mind.

Powwa

Vita retail landscape in 2015 vs. 2017 is the difference.

That said, Gaijinworks (Summon Night 6); NISA (Genso Wanderer) and XSEED (Fate/Extella) are all still releasing games, so I doubt it'll be that bad.

Plus like you say, it's Atlus (who have a built-in fanbase) and the game looks Persona-esque, so I'm certain it'd at least be profitable for them to do a retail run.

Really disappointed. Hope they change their mind.

Do you think there is a big difference? Personally I don't think it's noticable, most of the retailers dropped the support big time in 2015. I'd assume most of the users of this console makes their orders online but maybe I assume wrong.

Dear lord in heaven those comments. I always knew victor Ireland was kind of controversial but wow... For me I enjoy his localizations, don't really care on Japanese voices (especially with a good financial reason like it looks like they have) and just want to play the game in a language I understand but those commenters take this to the next level of insane...

That site is very pro GamerGate and doesn't get modded at all, I wouldn't give most of those comments the time of day. At the end of the day, whether the localization or dub are even halfway decent, we're actually getting the game over here, which is more than can be said for more and more Vita games moving forward. I trust Vic to do a localization justice more than I do many of these fantranslators who are likely just using a machine to make one of the driest translations in the world.

Do you think there is a big difference? Personally I don't think it's noticable, most of the retailers dropped the support big time in 2015. I'd assume most of the users of this console makes their orders online but maybe I assume wrong.

I presume the difference is that retailers were in the process of dropping support in 2015, since at least there had been some retail-friendly games in 2014 (Borderlands/God of War/Minecraft) whereas there has been very little since 2015 onwards. So it was a lot easier then than it is now.

I agree, in the UK things are largely the same as they were, but Atlus/XSEED aren't distributing here.

Tohsaka

A digital only release from Atlus. What?

They did the Attack on Titan 3DS game digital-only with Japanese voices, too. Frankly I'm glad Caligula is getting localized with Japanese voices at all. I'd rather have a physical release, but beggars can't be choosers.

They did the Attack on Titan 3DS game digital-only with Japanese voices, too. Frankly I'm glad Caligula is getting localized with Japanese voices at all. I'd rather have a physical release, but beggars can't be choosers.

It doesn't exactly say good things when the only other digital only release they've done is a game that got destroyed by reviewers. If they're doing the same with Caligula as a sign of it's quality, it kinda makes you wonder why they're even bothering.

It doesn't exactly say good things when the only other digital only release they've done is a game that got destroyed by reviewers. If they're doing the same with Caligula as a sign of it's quality, it kinda makes you wonder why they're even bothering.

AoT probably still sold a ton based on the name alone, so eh. Sure reviews impact sales, but if it's any indication and how quickly everyone got excited about Caligula and how fast Limited Run contacted them... there is interest. Interest = sales = money. And if they are able to whip out a localization fast and license the game for cheap, I don't see why they wouldn't do it. It makes business sense.

Tohsaka

I don't know if the game's quality is really representative of sales potential. This is a Vita-only game (originally) releasing in 2017. I love the Vita and own 50ish retail games for it, but I can understand Atlus's digital-only plan.

RK128

But quality isn't a factor to digital-only releases. Remember, as much as we buy Vita titles and publishers/developers see lots of sales potential for the platform.....that is mainly from the digital landscape.

Very few retailers bother to stock Vita titles and many major places like GameStop have tiny Vita area's in the back somewhere. It has little to no exposure.

Digital only releases is much, MUCH better then nothing at all. Limited Run Games is a solution to this though, as Vita owners who prefer retail releases can go to them, pay X amount of money and have a physical release of the game without dealing with the retailers not stocking games.

Them working with Atlus on Caligula (at least I THINK they are) is a great thing and I hope that pans out.

incpdo

But quality isn't a factor to digital-only releases. Remember, as much as we buy Vita titles and publishers/developers see lots of sales potential for the platform.....that is mainly from the digital landscape.

Very few retailers bother to stock Vita titles and many major places like GameStop have tiny Vita area's in the back somewhere. It has little to no exposure.

Digital only releases is much, MUCH better then nothing at all. Limited Run Games is a solution to this though, as Vita owners who prefer retail releases can go to them, pay X amount of money and have a physical release of the game without dealing with the retailers not stocking games.

Them working with Atlus on Caligula (at least I THINK they are) is a great thing and I hope that pans out.
The irony is the physical games we do buy are mostly from online vendrors. As i said before, im surprised that most of the games of the list that mentions all games announced for vita in times of E3 are getting a physical release. Im not worry about digital release only games , im pretty sure we will get more physical releases . Maybe Caligula is another Mind0 situation , copying on persona , not a very good game and maybe they do not want a Mind0 situation for their game. im comparing both because they are both persona ripoff games. Im actually looking forward to Caligula , i hope the quality of the game to be better than for example that of Mind 0.

Benedict

Thinking of buying NHL16 on the EA PSN sale. 174 kr in the Swedish store.
Somebody know if Leksand is part of the team roster?

I know some of you folks do reviews around here. Anyone know if Bamco has sent God Eater: Resurrection review codes out? If so when should we expect the embargo to lift? I was hoping to add a few reviews at the bottom of the OT, but as of now I'm just sitting here with no idea of when they will come out. May just have to add them after I post it and it goes live.

autoduelist

need help....

turned on my ps4 this morning [from rest mode] and got an error message:

The database is corrupted. Please Restart.

did this like 5 times, kept repeating error message.

Booted to safe mode.

When I try to rebuild database, I get the error message:

An error has occurred (CE-30020-5).
with a button to [Turn off PS4].

So... I know my PS4 is borked, and I'll almost certainly need to reinstall everything. A pain, but not the end of the world.

My question is, how to proceed? I actually bought a 2T harddrive recently, so I might as well flip the harddrive to the new one before I install everything. anyone have a good guide I should use?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I played some Bard's Gold(retro a roguelike platformer) and damn it's hard! Maybe i'm not that good but i at max i arrive at level 5 or 6...

How does it work? You play, try to get as much money as you can by killing enemies, opening chests and finding hidden things, you can spend the money to buy some weapon or power up but you should save as much as you can because you will inevitably die(you really need to be careful if you don't want to die immediately) and you can spend those money for permanet upgrades(more lives, more time etc) taht you will carry on each play.

Depending on the mode you play(normal, retro, regue-like) levels, items, traps, enemies etc are more or less random, you have more or less lives and checkpoints are on or off.

Oh and when you end your lives you start from the beginning! In the beginning you can choose between 4 doors but only one is opened, i guess i have to find a way to unlock them(one of the "selling points" of the game is that it doesn't explain anything, but i think i know how to)

For now I play the normal mode because it's the easier... lol

At long last, I finally got a PS4, so my time has been split between Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and N++.

I agree, it was an amazing conference (for PS4), I don't know if you left out Detroit, Titan Fall 2 and Last Guardian on purpose but I'm interested in those games as well.

However, I feel a little sad that they didn't promote any smaller games and I haven't even seen a "indie game" compilation video.

I just saw a stream of Rain World and Death's Gambit and they both looks like great games and I'm really sad that they won't be on the V.

Edit:I'm looking at the FF12 stream now and I can't see why they don't release it for the Vita
Rain World is definitely coming to Vita. From a few months back:
A Vita port is still planned, but it'll definitely be something we do after the initial Steam/PS4 release as there will be changes that will inevitably have to be made in order to fit that format and spec. We've kept Vita in mind for much of the development, from the screen aspect ratios we've chosen to making sure that level design, but optimizing the finished rain world for the limitations of vita CPU/GPU/RAM/shaders will be a thing that takes some time and effort for sure and we cant even guess at what it will take until we start the work.

RK128

At long last, I finally got a PS4, so my time has been split between Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and N++.

Rain World is definitely coming to Vita. From a few months back:

Nice man :D! Enjoy your PS4 and have fun with it! Going to get mine this Fall hopefully if I have the money for it.

Glad to hear that Rain World is still coming to Vita. Shame it will be a later port but at least its coming.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Been playing two big games on my Vita; SAO Lost Song and Soul Sacrifice Delta. Both are a lot of fun so far and the former feels great to play again.

Lost Song gets quite interesting at the last fourth of the game, with the dungeons having more variety with teiloporters and more open level design. The flying is still great and I like how even lower-leveled party members can still work in higher-leveled areas well enough.

Delta is amazing so far, with the gameplay being a lot of fun and the story continuing to be fantastic.

Once I'm done with both games, will move on to Oreshika and another Vita game in my backlog :D.

autoduelist

^ Wow, that sucks man.

Here's a detailed guide.

Yeah, it sucked.

On the plus side, it happened on a morning i actually had time to fix it... and I already had a 2TB drive i got for xmas that I hadn't got around to putting in [mostly because i never got around to backing stuff up, and now that decision was made for me.

Actual process was super easy, even easier than it was for ps3. i spent more time looking for my precision screwdriver than i did flipping the drive.

got rid of all those betas and demos!
EDIT -- nope, actually, they're still there.

I've just finished N++ myself. Took me 48 hours to 100% the game (get all the trophies). Loved the heck out of the game, so much content and excellent level design throughout the game. Decent difficulty curve as well. It starts out really simple and eases you into the game, and the game just ups the difficulty slightly as you go. The last few levels in the "E" row are very challenging, I personally found them harder than the expert levels I played which are only unlocked after you finish all the previous levels. That said, it might just be because I got so used to the game by then that it just became second nature to me.

Ambitious

Wait, what? My PS+ subscription was just cancelled because of a "lack of payment".

How is this possible? I have never ever had any trouble with my card. Everything looks fine on my end. I haven't touched my PSN account either. Obviously, there's enough money on my bank account. So what's going on?

Saphirax

Wait, what? My PS+ subscription was just cancelled because of a "lack of payment".

How is this possible? I have never ever had any trouble with my card. Everything looks fine on my end. I haven't touched my PSN account either. Obviously, there's enough money on my bank account. So what's going on?

If you have automatic payment disabled under options, you'll get that message. You'll simply have to renew your subscription manually.

Top Bottom