• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

So glad I can import all these games from Asia.

Still wouldn't complain with a 128GB card though. Between PS1 games, PSP games, patches and stuff like Atelier, I'm pushing the limits of my 64GB.

ZeroAKA

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Magicka 2 (PS4)
  • The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4)
I hope that's not all of them.

Edit: Maybe not.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
From my playthrough, I didn't have many issues. Frame rate slowed down at times, but nothing game breaking. Much smoother than the walking dead games on Vita.

In terms of investigate elements, yeah, there are some in the game and there's a bit of interactivity as well. The cool thing I liked was that through investigation and interactivity, you unlock little information on characters from the game. The characters are sorta twisted versions of classic fairy tale characters like snow white and stuff. Had no idea of that before playing the game so I was surprised.
Thanks! I'll buy it!

Yes! Now XCOM!

redcrayon

Isn't TWD2 for Vita also?

On another note: Is Darkest Dungeon still coming to Vita or was that just a dream?

Yes. From Pocket Gamer last week:
Darkest Dungeon is currently on Steam Early Access, with a full release slated for January 19th. On Twitter, developer Red Hook Games stated that the PS4 and PS Vita versions will be releasing soon after that.

Takao

Banned
I'm impressed by Vita's PS+ lineup this month. Impressed by how cheap Sony is. The first Invizimals game for PSP? lol

Eiyuu Senki (PS3) EU release date is Nov 12th. NA will "follow shortly after"

http://blog.fruitbatfactory.com/

Game features:

70+ stunning heroines to lead your armies and quest with
120+ cities to conquer across the world
Tactical turn based battles with countless skills, items and enemies to master
Fully Japanese story and battle voices by over 50 famous voice actors
An all-new battle voice display to show character commentary in English
“The character commentary, including their battle voices, is something we put a lot of effort into. We wanted to preserve the original voices while letting everyone enjoy the banter without having to understand Japanese. I’m proud of how it turned out and hope the fans will enjoy it as well.” says Jakke Elonen, project lead.

Eiyuu Senki – The World Conquest will be available for purchase via PlayStation Network for €39.99.

oof

anderedna

Yes.
If you buy a year of plus for $50 it counts toward getting $15 back. I've done it a few times before and always got my code.

Okay great. Thanks.
I'm buying Trails SC. Now to find what else to buy for another $20. Any suggestion for indies around that price? Something similar to Transistor or Bastion, or games with RPG elements.

Tizoc

Okay great. Thanks.
I'm buying Trails SC. Now to find what else to buy for another $20. Any suggestion for indies around that price? Something similar to Transistor or Bastion, or games with RPG elements.

Consider getting Brandish ($19.99)
It's one of my GotY contenders.
It's more of an adventure+dungeon crawler hybrid but it has some nice stage design and good music. Combat is simplistic and leveling up just happens as you play/progress.

BTW try to spend OVER $100, like say 101 or 102 (get an avatar or theme) jus to be on the safe side.

Producer

nice to see some Brandish love. One of the best games this year. Filling out maps to 100% was so addicting. Plus the OG BGM is soo good

Isn't TWD2 for Vita also?

I tired playing episode 1 on Vita and it was painful performance. You aren't missing much.

Probably the best PS+ all year. Dragon Fin Soup looks like a good game for Vita.

Currently playing my favorite strategy game of the year so I don't know if it can beat it.
Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm impressed by Vita's PS+ lineup this month. Impressed by how cheap Sony is. The first Invizimals game for PSP? lol

I can't remember the last Vita title that went, gosh, I kinda wish I still had plus for that.

Their best run is still the PS3.

anderedna

Brandish or Oreshika.

Consider getting Brandish ($19.99)
It's one of my GotY contenders.
It's more of an adventure+dungeon crawler hybrid but it has some nice stage design and good music. Combat is simplistic and leveling up just happens as you play/progress.

BTW try to spend OVER $100, like say 101 or 102 (get an avatar or theme) jus to be on the safe side.

Bought Oreshika day-1 before. Enjoyed it but kinda sad once your carefully nurtured characters disappeared. Stopped playing after a few generations caused of that. I've been meaning to continue it, but there are too many games to play now. Trails is another level tho.

Thanks for Brandish suggestion. However, I prefer not to add another PSP games to my already big PSP backlog. Suiko II, Growlancer, VC2, FF series, to name a few.

How's Hand of Fate or Pier Solar? Did anyone played them, and how are they?

VLiberty

So I bought a brand new PSTV for 21€.
"Firmware is 3.20, yay! Let's do the whitelist hack and then update!"
Whitelist hack doesn't work after the update
hqdefault.jpg

well...let's hope hackers will be able to do something in the future...

also PS+ line up is crap, what a sad day. Let's hope that at least the new R&C footage delivers

That's definitely a plan-b game. They were likely trying to get another game but failed, which would also explain the "need to finalise things" posts.

I tired playing episode 1 on Vita and it was painful performance. You aren't missing much.

Probably the best PS+ all year. Dragon Fin Soup looks like a good game for Vita.

Currently playing my favorite strategy game of the year so I don't know if it can beat it.
Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

I don't know much about it, which are the other strategy games that you've played this year?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
They're giving out psp games again? I honestly wouldnt mind more , instead of the indies we've getting.

Today's indies have the production values of the average psp game though. I just bought zhp and dragon fin soup doesn't seem like it has any less content.

In any case, I have enjoyed the the games they have given out for the vita. broken age was awesome, and I will definitely try out dragon fin soup.

autoduelist

Dragon Fin Soup looks great.

Not the best month but clearly Invisimals, if truly PSP, was a last minute clutch pick when something else fell through.

I'd have bought Dragon Fin Soup in the $10 range, maybe $15.... so right there that's way more value per month than I pay for ps+. [Even a game I would have bought for $5 more than justifies a year's sub]. Same thing for Magicka 2.

Already own and/or don't care about the rest, but whatever, still a good month even if not a great month.

There is literally nothing I even care to tag for possible later download in November's line-up. Easily the worst month for me since I started subscribing (with regards to Plus freebies).

RK128

Saw the line up of PS+ games and they all look okay.

Never played Mass Effect 2 before, so that should be fun to dive into. Hope it runs well and is a fun game :).

A bit annoyed that Walking Dead S2 isn't also coming to PS3/Vita (as I don't own a PS4 yet), as I really wanted to play that one. Oh well, I guess I can re-play S1 if I really feel like diving back into that world.

Everyone should be happy with Beyond Good & Evil HD if they didn't get it in the past, as it is a great game :).

The two Vita games are interesting; Dragon Fin Soup is something I can see myself enjoying quite a bit but inviZimals I could care less about. Don't like the fact I have to use the PS Vita camera when it could of been a fun Pokemon-like game :l.

Not the best month but a decent one.

Top Bottom