• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

I've only had a single 32GB card since I got my vita. It's more than enough. However, I refuse to buy full games outside of some indies digitally because I'm a collector and very materialistic about my hobbies.

With my first Vita I had an 8GB card and was fine with it because I had mainly physical games. With this Vita I have increased my digital game count so much I can't hold more then 4 - 5 games. That is the problem of going almost all digital.

Hikami

Haven't played any PS+ games since Rocket League I think. The games for November actually interest me for once.

RK128

Haven't played any PS+ games since Rocket League I think. The games for November actually interest me for once.

Which ones interested you :D?

For me, its Dragon Fin Soup for my Vita and Mass Effect 2 for my PS3 that has me excited about next month (plus Broken Age and Super Meat Boy on my Vita still aren't beaten yet, so I can add that on my to-beat list for next month).

wilflare

I still can't believe Dragon Fin Soup is on PS+... what about the backers?
guess I'll go with the Steam version on my Backer's Survey

RK128

I still can't believe Dragon Fin Soup is on PS+... what about the backers?
guess I'll go with the Steam version on my Backer's Survey

So it was a Kickstarter game? I wonder why its on Plus then; that has to be annoying to backers but at least the devs got paid for the PS+ deal, so it isn't a complete loss.

I guess Sony is going to be doing this more often? I mean, Broken Age was a Kickstarter project and that got part of PS+ in October (though it DID come out earlier this year....).

wilflare

So it was a Kickstarter game? I wonder why its on Plus then; that has to be annoying to backers but at least the devs got paid for the PS+ deal, so it isn't a complete loss.

I guess Sony is going to be doing this more often? I mean, Broken Age was a Kickstarter project and that got part of PS+ in October (though it DID come out earlier this year....).

there's no issue with Kickstarter games going on PS+ but doing so at launch just seems kinda strange for some reason.

PS+ isn't a free service and it's not a PlayStation exclusive game

Agreed on both points but it's still kinda strange though. I backed it for a PlayStation version and bam! it's not on PS+ at launch (being on PS+ is not the trouble, it's the timing)

RK128

there's no issue with Kickstarter games going on PS+ but doing so at launch just seems kinda strange for some reason.

Agreed on both points but it's still kinda strange though. I backed it for a PlayStation version and bam! it's not on PS+ at launch (being on PS+ is not the trouble, it's the timing)

I guess the best thing they could have done was to make the game land on Plus during a latter month (Feb/March) to avoid angering their backers.

But there was negations with PS+ games for PS3/Vita; maybe this was a last minute pick-up on Sony's part and they made the deal with the developers today for all we know.

You get to keep your copy... Or sell the code to someone who either a) misses out on the PS+ offerings this month or b) wants a to-keep copy.

Hikami

Which ones interested you :D?

For me, its Dragon Fin Soup for my Vita and Mass Effect 2 for my PS3 that has me excited about next month (plus Broken Age and Super Meat Boy on my Vita still aren't beaten yet, so I can add that on my to-beat list for next month).

I'm actually interested in almost all of them.

The Walking Dead Season 2 - Finished the first one, haven't played this one yet.
Magicka 2 - Have the first game on steam and enjoyed it, haven't played this one yet.
Dragon Fin Soup - Just looks interesting I guess.
Mass Effect 2 - Had this on my Xbox 360 but never finished it, will like to actually finish it this time.
Beyond Good and Evil - I've heard good things about it on GAF but I have no idea what it's even about so we'll see..

inviZimals is the only one that I'm not interested in

Jesb

Can someone explain to me why I keep getting notifications of files not able to download. I keep getting these amd assumed it was because of the cloud being at its capacity. But wasn't this increased to 10gb recently?

Saphirax

Me right now:

30-Rock.gif

Saphirax

I was randomly browsing the upcoming games on amazon and my heart literally skipped a beat when I saw it. So unexpected and awesome

Mine did too when I read your thread title. For a second I thought it wouldn't be the Vita version.

Wonder if the game is going to be dubbed like Operation Abyss was.

18-Volt

Holy shit @ Vita's H1 2016 lineup. Atelier Escha & Logy, Trillion God of Destruction, Attack on Titan, Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, One Piece Burning Blood, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Aegis Earth: Protonovus Assault and now Stranger of Sword City. Both 2014 and 2015 have already been "Year of Vita", now 2016 looks like a contender too.

Wonder what's next to have a localization announcement? Tag Team Blanc + Nepnep? Death Under the Labyrinth? Luminous Arc? Night Watch? Valkyrie Drive? Tokyo Xanadu? God Eater Ressurection? Exist Archive?

Holy shit @ Vita's H1 2016 lineup. Atelier Escha & Logy, Trillion God of Destruction, Attack on Titan, Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, One Piece Burning Blood, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Aegis Earth: Protonovus Assault and now Stranger of Sword City. Both 2014 and 2015 have already been "Year of Vita", now 2016 looks like a contender too.

You forgot Estival Versus, Zero Escape 3, Digimon, Cold Steel II. Maybe even more :)
And that's only "big" titles

EDIT: Didn't see the H1. At least EV and Digimon still fit. You could also add the english Asia versions of DOAX 3 and Moe Crystal if that's your thing

Saphirax

Wonder what's next to have a localization announcement? Tag Team Blanc + Nepnep? Death Under the Labyrinth? Luminous Arc? Night Watch? Valkyrie Drive? Tokyo Xanadu? God Eater Ressurection? Exist Archive?

You forgot Digimon!

I know it's probably too much to ask of NISA/Bamco, but I'd love Ray Gigant and Operation Babel as well. Need dem drpgs.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You forgot Digimon!

I know it's probably too much to ask of NISA/Bamco, but I'd love Ray Gigant and Operation Babel as well. Need dem drpgs.

Babel would be up to MAGES, am wondering whats going on with that considering how Abyss got slammed. :/

That would be up to Bamco. If they find porting it to PS4 worthwhile then we'll get it. Otherwise chances are slim.

Not exactly, since they are also into just saying fuck it and do a digital only version similar as to what they did with the original Hollow Fragment Vita. Since it lowers the trouble / cost of having to go physical. And since they know its niche anyways, its not like they would have exactly large expectations for sales either. Which furthers the reason for them to just dump it as DL only if they wanted to do it themselves. Id imagine if NISA did it they would do a physical version with the OST included as a bonus or something.

Saphirax

Babel would be up to MAGES, am wondering whats going on with that considering how Abyss got slammed. :/

Not exactly, since they are also into just saying fuck it and do a digital only version similar as to what they did with the original Hollow Fragment Vita. Since it lowers the trouble / cost of having to go physical. And since they know its niche anyways, its not like they would have exactly large expectations for sales either. Which furthers the reason for them to just dump it as DL only if they wanted to do it themselves. Id imagine if NISA did it they would do a physical version with the OST included as a bonus or something.

Yeah, could be digital only. But, I still think that the chances of us getting either RG or Babel are slim. Would be amazing if we did though.

Parakeetman

Yeah, could be digital only. But, I still think that the chances of us getting either RG or Babel are slim. Would be amazing if we did though.

Considering BanNam has been a lot more aggressive in general with their titles, hopefully they will release it considering its a new IP.

Will have to wait and see what next year brings I suppose.

No idea about Babel, but would be weird / unfortunate if they just left the series with Abyss only considering Babel was a pretty good improvement over Abyss. Even Chikami-san on last nights live stream said that too which was pretty funny. That basically choosing between Abyss or Babel, he would choose Babel. They were not to happy with how Abyss turned out looking back on things, which is why a lot more effort was put into Babel. Granted its not like super huge changes / overhauls but in general the title feels like a more proper remake. Than Abyss which was basically an artwork swap, which is what fans had said also domestically.

Seeing how if that info from Germany if correct, SoSC is around March 2016, that would put Babel quite far out if it was NISA to be doing it again. Which is what we would imagine is the case. Seeing as how there was about a year between Abyss JP / US:EU then with SoSC from the JP / EU (current leaked date if correct) is about a year for localization. Then on the side of time between US releases of the (once again leaked?) date for SoSC vs Op Abyss puts it about a little more over half a year, can put together the prediction that the same sort of timeline will be done for Babel also if its in the works. Then that also depends on what other types NISA will be up to. Since they also have their own first party DRPG (Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain) that comes out next year (Jan 28th) in Japan so with how they seem to be quicker about doing their own stuff no idea with how that will get thrown into the works. (For example Disgaea 5 had about 6+ month between the JP and Western versions.) Then no idea what their schedule is for what they already have lined up First or Third party titles.

Saphirax

Considering BanNam has been a lot more aggressive in general with their titles, hopefully they will release it considering its a new IP.

No idea about Babel, but would be weird / unfortunate if they just left the series with Abyss only considering Babel was a pretty good improvement over Abyss. Even Chikami-san on last nights live stream said that too which was pretty funny. That basically choosing between Abyss or Babel, he would choose Babel. They were not to happy with how Abyss turned out looking back on things, which is why a lot more effort was put into Babel. Granted its not like super huge changes / overhauls but in general the title feels like a more proper remake. Than Abyss which was basically an artwork swap, which is what fans had said also domestically.

Abyss was a remake of two games while Babel is only of one, right? Which would make Babel shorter than Abyss. I'm glad that it's the better of the two. Abyss felt overly clunky and obtuse at times.

autoduelist

I highly doubt you delete games you beat then

I highly suspect you have no idea about some of our collections, then. I have well over 200g of games for my Vita. I delete what I beat, but I sure wish I didn't have to -- "team 256g card, please"

Chances for Babel aren't that slim, I don't see Abyss as being slammed in the West at all.

Yeah, I didn't get the impression it got slammed either. based on forums and user reviews. Niche buyers don't seem to care as much about 'professional' reviewers because it always seems like a lot of reviewers of niche games [be it srpgs or drpgs or edfs or musuo or whatever] don't 'get them'.

I highly suspect you have no idea about some of our collections, then. I have well over 200g of games for my Vita. I delete what I beat, but I sure wish I didn't have to -- "team 256g card, please"

Yeah I bet I could at least fill a 128GB card. I need to shuffle on my 64GB constantly. I don't really mind doing it, but yeah. Vita has a lot of games!

RE: Bamco

They seem only interested in localizing games which have a strong franchise behind it. See God Eater and the struggle to get Digimon. At this point I'd be more than happy with a digital only release for GE, but I see very low chances for Ray Gigant to come from Bamco directly. Maybe a future Gaijinworks project if SN5 does well enough? Not sure if they'd want another DRPG though.

Anyway, I'm happy that NISA at least seems to be fine with the sales of their DRPG localizations.

Parakeetman

Abyss was a remake of two games while Babel is only of one, right? Which would make Babel shorter than Abyss. I'm glad that it's the better of the two. Abyss felt overly clunky and obtuse at times.

Yeah, though you dont really notice it. Since in general the first 2 games were quite short already.

Abyss really was just a straight up port for the most part thats why. And its not surprising the system feels older, as it was based off of Exp Incs. first title as a company. So things with the UI and other whatnots is all based off of an older design. Its one thing that NISA should have been clear about with the marketing as people apparently were expecting it to be like Demon Gaze quality for whatever reason, which is understandable considering its not like folks even knew who Exp Inc was before Demon Gaze for the most part. And its not that common for a company to redo an older title and leave a lot of the mechanics exactly the same.

Its from a different time too when things like tutorials and all that were a common thing. Esp not with Japanese titles in general.

If Babel was going to be localized, one thing Im curious about is if Babel was done so that it could allow for dual audio. Seeing how Abyss was dub only. Though Id imagine its some sort of telephone game with relaying information since would be NISA < MAGES < Exp Inc.

robotnik

Seeing how if that info from Germany if correct, SoSC is around March 2016, that would put Babel quite far out if it was NISA to be doing it again. Which is what we would imagine is the case. Seeing as how there was about a year between Abyss JP / US:EU then with SoSC from the JP / EU (current leaked date if correct) is about a year for localization. Then on the side of time between US releases of the (once again leaked?) date for SoSC vs Op Abyss puts it about a little more over half a year, can put together the prediction that the same sort of timeline will be done for Babel also if its in the works. Then that also depends on what other types NISA will be up to. Since they also have their own first party DRPG (Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain) that comes out next year (Jan 28th) in Japan so with how they seem to be quicker about doing their own stuff no idea with how that will get thrown into the works. (For example Disgaea 5 had about 6+ month between the JP and Western versions.) Then no idea what their schedule is for what they already have lined up First or Third party titles.
We also still have Meikyuu Cross Blood: Infinity, which continues Abyss and Babel stories. Maybe someday...

Tapejara

Anyone here sub to PlayStation Now? My 7-day trial ends in a few days and I'd like to keep the subscription, but my account tells me that it's going to charge me for the monthly plan. I'd rather do the three months, but can't find a way to change it. Do I just have to wait until the free trial lapses and then "re-sub" under the three month plan?

RK128

Anyone here sub to PlayStation Now? My 7-day trial ends in a few days and I'd like to keep the subscription, but my account tells me that it's going to charge me for the monthly plan. I'd rather do the three months, but can't find a way to change it. Do I just have to wait until the free trial lapses and then "re-sub" under the three month plan?

I guess that is the right move to make, but I didn't re-new my sub to PS Now after the 7-Day trial, so I really don't know how that works :l.

My suggestion is to wait until your sub lapses and then re-entering your credit card into the PSN Account, then 're-activate' your subscription.

I don't know if that is how it works, but I hoped it helps somehow.

Tapejara

I guess that is the right move to make, but I didn't re-new my sub to PS Now after the 7-Day trial, so I really don't know how that works :l.

My suggestion is to wait until your sub lapses and then re-entering your credit card into the PSN Account, then 're-activate' your subscription.

I don't know if that is how it works, but I hoped it helps somehow.

Well that's kind of what I did already. I couldn't find an option to switch the plans, so I just canceled auto renewal and plan to re-sub (hopefully with the option to pick a plan) when the trial finishes.

Odd that Sony would make this so difficult.

CrovaxPSO

We also still have Meikyuu Cross Blood: Infinity, which continues Abyss and Babel stories. Maybe someday...

Cross Blood is actually my second favorite Exp game (after SoSC). Unfortunately, based on a lot of the complaints Operation Abyss got for being "too old school" I think Cross Blood would be received even less favorably in general since it doesn't have most of the newly added conveniences that Abyss and Babel have.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually have no clue what if anything I'm going to get for Vita in 2016. Nothing really jumps out, even waiting for rock bottom sales. Most of my remaining list is 2015 stuff for the right price.

Christian

Took me about three weeks and 60 hours, but I finally finished Steins;Gate. I went in practically blind, and I was not anticipating it to take me that long. My overall impressions are pretty favorable. Loved the cast, for the most part, and the art and music are beautiful. I wasn't as blown away by the story as I thought I would be. I thought it was fairly predictable, and I thought the pacing
when you had to undo everyone's d-mails
could've been a little better, but I liked it enough that I played it almost exclusively while I went for the platinum. Now I'm going to try to split my time between P4D and DQH.

What do you guys recommend most: Killzone Mercenary, Lost Dimension, Sonic Racing Transformed, or LBP Vita? I'm almost to all genres.

Christian

One more thing about Steins;Gate:

They indicate that Okabe experienced Reading Steiner when he was 9 or 10 and incredibly sick, but they never explain why. Was that when Suzuha showed up as Titor in 2000? Or is there an indication that something else happened, and I just totally missed it?

Valkyria

Banned
I just pre ordered Superbeat Xonic at Xtralife.es for 30€ shipping included. So Spain-gaf I believe is the best place to order it.

I actually have no clue what if anything I'm going to get for Vita in 2016. Nothing really jumps out, even waiting for rock bottom sales. Most of my remaining list is 2015 stuff for the right price.

Trails of Cold Steel 1/2
Tokyo Xanadu
Ys 8 (lol believe)
Digimon (There's also the PS4 version)
Stranger of Sword City

Not a lot but that's enough for me to be excited for 2016.

Trails of Cold Steel 1/2
Tokyo Xanadu
Ys 8 (lol believe)
Digimon (There's also the PS4 version)
Stranger of Sword City

Not a lot but that's enough for me to be excited for 2016.

Not to rain on your parade, but Xanadu, Ys Next, and Stranger of Sword City have only had "hints" (if you can call them that) of coming West to Vita - you might never see them.

Digimon and Cold Steel 2, sure - but Cold Steel 1 is supposed to be out before the end of the year.

Not to say there isn't a lot to be excited about for next year, though.

redcrayon

I think we'll probably see Toukiden 2 and Square's Project Setsuna towards the end of 2016 too, along with Xcom plus.
Nothing concrete, but they seem highly likely.

Stranger of Sword City has a listing on Amazon Germany for Vita, so I think an announcement probably isn't far off.

On the indie side of things, Slain, Darkest Dungeon, Salt and Sanctuary and Eitr have all caught my eye too.

I think we'll probably see Toukiden 2 and Square's Project Setsuna towards the end of 2016 too, along with Xcom plus.
Nothing concrete, but they seem highly likely.

Stranger of Sword City has a listing on Amazon Germany for Vita, so I think an announcement probably isn't far off.

On the indie side of things, Slain, Darkest Dungeon, Salt and Sanctuary and Eitr have all caught my eye too.

XCOM at the end of 2016, what makes you think that igt won't be out sooner?

Top Bottom