• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's kinda neat that we have two consoles out right now where collecting all of the physical releases is pretty easy.

Takao

Banned
Finally officially announced:
96bNyh3.jpg

December 3rd release
5300yen
http://www.2kgames.jp/civilizationrevolution2plus/

Well, there goes my assumption it's a PSX game.

Desperately hoping that Asian-English version is true.

That cover made me go plunk down a pre-order for the Asia English, even though TBA and $50 had me hesitant. I paid CC with no pre-ship charge instead of Paypal though, to make the possibility of it being cancelled less hassle.

Now I can just hope the cover it gets is just as cool.

That cover made me go plunk down a pre-order for the Asia English, even though TBA and $50 had me hesitant. I paid CC with no pre-ship charge instead of Paypal though, to make the possibility of it being cancelled less hassle.

I'm just realyy hesitant about that Play-Asia listing being legit. They had Nobunaga's Ambition on Vita listed (though not available to pre-order) for ages, and as soon as the release month passed, they've just changed it to out of stock.

Grisaia Vita update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-three-huge-visual-novels-for-p/posts/1374034

During GDC of this year, I discussed the various upcoming projects as well as the issues Sekai faced with getting proper contact with Sony in order to get their titles onto Sony’s services. It just so happened that my previous job had me doing this sorts of work in Europe, and as such I offered to help speed up this process.

Over the last few months, I have become part of the team and concentrated my efforts on improving key areas of this wonderful company, namely our front on the digital handheld market such as PSN, as well as proper community communication. And I’m glad to say that we’ve now been able to progress rapidly and should have some very good news for Grisaia fans in the coming weeks! While the lack of communication on this issue is unfortunate, it is important to take the amount of work that is needed into consideration, and that the team at Sekai Project never stopped working hard on this even before I teamed up with them. In order to be approved, let alone have your titles viable to be put on a service like PSN requires a lot of paperwork, not to mention legalities from Japan, cleared up. GDD (Game Design Documents) need to be made from scratch to fully explain the game inside and out, content needs to be accurately presented and explained, and the list goes on. While we are all lifelong gaming enthusiasts and lovers of VN, the world of publishing a game can be a jungle of technicalities and confusion if you never walked through it before. I’ll avoid getting too deeply into all the hoops in getting games published, but it’s sadly not as simple as uploading a file and wait for a happy answer.

But now that we been able to mostly clear up all obstacles that stood in the way of getting this game and the others we got in the pipeline onto the PSN service, we will work hard at bringing more surprises and continue our support for the VN genre. We will of course also keep you continuously updated on the progress with further games scheduled onto the PSVita.

Sondar

I'd normally do the same thing, but since getting hit with credit card fraud last week, I'm having to go PayPal only for now & I don't fancy paying for this upfront.

Do we know for sure if it's physical only in Asia or is there a chance of it getting released physically in the West?

Hmm $25 not that bad, now the catch is how much for international shipping is, they said $4 within the US but RCR shipping cost left me salty...
I've put countless hours into it, getting all the stars in it first on Steam, and now on vita. I only have a few more trophies to get.

It's not a great game, but I had fun with it. It's sort of like Frozen Synapse - turn based, squad based, tactical combat. It was originally a mobile game and feels like it at times.

That said, you do level up your squad rpg style (5 stats, different classes) and that's fun, and the more 'realistic' take on it is also fun. Just don't expect the polish (even close) of FS or others in the genre like Door Kickers. It's got tons of levels, several play modes, and a wide range of difficulty (hard is -hard-). FS is the better game, but in many ways I had more fun with B&C despite myself.

I've seen gameplay videos and eh, I can see where its kinda fun but the graphics do look like a mobile game, the shipping cost will make a break the deal for me. Thanks for the small review!

I've put countless hours into it, getting all the stars in it first on Steam, and now on vita. I only have a few more trophies to get.

It's not a great game, but I had fun with it. It's sort of like Frozen Synapse - turn based, squad based, tactical combat. It was originally a mobile game and feels like it at times.

That said, you do level up your squad rpg style (5 stats, different classes) and that's fun, and the more 'realistic' take on it is also fun. Just don't expect the polish (even close) of FS or others in the genre like Door Kickers. It's got tons of levels, several play modes, and a wide range of difficulty (hard is -hard-). FS is the better game, but in many ways I had more fun with B&C despite myself.

Agree with you Frozen Synapse is the better game. Breech and Clear gets really repetitive quickly. Not sure it matters because I have a feeling that all 1500 copies will stay in the saran wrap.

Heroes of Loot got a price adjustement in europe - it's now 2.99€

Worth it in my opinion. You will get your money's worth.

bobohoro

For unexplainable reasons my thirst for Disgaea 5 increases with each day, although I really wasn't all that interested just a month ago. But my short time with the demo really did me in, somehow. Just unsure if I can handle both Disgaea 5 and Tales Of Zestiria at the same time.
Decisions.
Is the OST in the Day-1 edition the full 2-Disc-version?

On a slightly/totally unrelated note: I want a Suikoden with mother base stuff.

VLiberty

1001 Spikes will be out in EU tomorrow, 14,99€, probably not cross buy like all other Nicalis releases and only in certain EU regions

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...re-uncharted-super-meat-boy-rock-band-4-more/

how hyped are you for this brand new game

Also SMB Vita is out and apparently a perfect port

hahahahahah

the one I was really interested in (VVVVVV) wasn't out in most european countries incl. mine, I don't think this will be and even then, I won't give any money to Nicalis. If this happens to be a PS+ game then yeah

autoduelist

Agree with you Frozen Synapse is the better game. Breech and Clear gets really repetitive quickly. Not sure it matters because I have a feeling that all 1500 copies will stay in the saran wrap.

Yeah. B&C is interesting; it's got some wonky mechanics (like the inability to easily time waypoints for breaching a door with multiple units)... or one of the most defensive positions in the game is 'inside' a door frame (counts as heavy defense from most angles) rather than behind a doorframe...

But once you adjust to all of its idiosyncrasies... I have more fun with it than most games. I can't really explain it. I've played both it and FS on both vita and steam, and while FS is undeniably 'better' in almost every way... the 'realistic'/rpg stylings of B&C just make it more 'fun'.

I don't find it particularly repetitive, but i can understand why you do. i just enjoy each map for the 'puzzle' it is.

RK128

Just a heads up; both Broken Age and Super Meat Boy are free for PS Vita on NA PSN.

Broken Age is odd, as while its listed as free, it doesn't have the PS+ Yellow text highlighting that. So, if you get it now, you might be able to get the game for 'free' without PS+ for a short window of time (Sony will likely fix this within the coming hour or so).

Edit: That was an odd glitch apparently, never mind.

Not sure about the other PS+ games though.

Super Meat Boy: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...e=Google&utm_term=ps-ga-871&utm_content=Brand
Broken Age: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...e=Google&utm_term=ps-ga-871&utm_content=Brand

I'd normally do the same thing, but since getting hit with credit card fraud last week, I'm having to go PayPal only for now & I don't fancy paying for this upfront.

Do we know for sure if it's physical only in Asia or is there a chance of it getting released physically in the West?

I'm in the same mindset. Luckily there was a box to tick to not store my card info, but still, I'd rather use paypal any time the option is available.

I'm certain we'll get the game in the west, just not physical... thought there is a slim chance there might be an EU version for NA people to import, so that's another reason I didn't want to pay it up front.

Shizuka

Hmm $25 not that bad, now the catch is how much for international shipping is, they said $4 within the US but RCR shipping cost left me salty...

If anything, VGP+ is the way to go. I didn't want to pay that absurd international shipping for RCR DX and just a few days after they started shipping the game, VGP+ had it available for sale with a shipping five times cheaper.

If anything, VGP+ is the way to go. I didn't want to pay that absurd international shipping for RCR DX and just a few days after they started shipping the game, VGP+ had it available for sale with a shipping five times cheaper.

I have learned from my mistake Shizuka, I should've waited like you ;(

Still, why didn't you warn me that time?
Just kidding xD.

Shizuka

I have learned from my mistake Shizuka, I should've waited like you ;(

Still, why didn't you warn me that time?
Just kidding xD.

You had already ordered your copy and I didn't know for sure that VGP+ would stock the game. Now I know that they do get stock for pretty much any game that get a limited print. Same thing happened with Ar nosurge Plus, The Firefly Diary and all Gaijinworks games.

dracula_x

Just tried Kickbeat on PS3 (have not enough space on Vita). So... it's like Hotline Miami meets Persona Dancing All-Night :)

Shizuka

I have this issue with the PSN webstore: whenever there is a PS+ game I previously owned, it'll not show as "purchased" like my other games, but as "free", as if I didn't already have the game. I proceed to "buy" it as PS+, but I get the impression that I lose my ownership and the PS+ purchase overwrites my regular purchase.

Does this happen to you guys as well? The latest for me is that I bought Kung Fu Rabbit last year, but it's showing to me as "free" right now.

RK128

I have this issue with the PSN webstore: whenever there is a PS+ game I previously owned, it'll not show as "purchased" like my other games, but as "free", as if I didn't already have the game. I proceed to "buy" it as PS+, but I get the impression that I lose my ownership and the PS+ purchase overwrites my regular purchase.

Does this happen to you guys as well? The latest for me is that I bought Kung Fu Rabbit last year, but it's showing to me as "free" right now.

Sometimes that happens to me; I purchased Kung Fu Rabbit ages ago but I keep getting the option to download the game again (its listed as 'Free' instead of 'Purchased') and while the Vita version lists Free in Yellow text (PS+ title) and the PS3 version listed as Free in White text.

So, I got the PS3 version alongside the other Plus games, and after I purchased everything, I got the PS3 and Vita versions (as if I got the game through Plus).

Is that you situation right now? And what games do you own already that Plus is giving out this month? I might be able to help if you can answer :).

RK128

No sales today?

There are sales but they are very minor; price drops on a few Bamco games, an Arkham City PS3 Bundle is 20 bucks and the like for example.

Nothing major but nice for people that don't own the games at least :).

Edit: The Bamco Price Drops include a lot of the Tales games (going to 29.99 or 19.99) and the Nartuo games (the PSP title is 20 bucks and the Ninja Storm 3 game is 20 bucks not too I think).

VLiberty

Kung fu rabbit is not cross buy, they're giving both versions and you're seeing the one you haven't bought as free.

At least that's what happened in europe. a week ago I've checked out of curiosity (PSblog said that Kung fu rabbit would have been given away for PS3 and Vita, but I was sure it wasn't crossbuy) and in fact I owned just the Vita version. Now I can download the PS3 version, which is tied to my sub, while Vita version has no expiration date.

W-00

Looking at the Vita store, either my Vita is a time machine, or these are the same sales they had last week. Citizens of Earth, Thomas, Hearts R, Moto, Mud, Ace Combat, Soundshapes stuff, I know I saw all this stuff last week. Or are they just being incredibly slow today?

Looking at the Vita store, either my Vita is a time machine, or these are the same sales they had last week. Citizens of Earth, Thomas, Hearts R, Moto, Mud, Ace Combat, Soundshapes stuff, I know I saw all this stuff last week. Or are they just being incredibly slow today?

Citizens of Earth and Thomas Was Alone sales are the only new ones I believe, the rest are carry overs or price drops (not actually sales).

Shizuka

Sometimes that happens to me; I purchased Kung Fu Rabbit ages ago but I keep getting the option to download the game again (its listed as 'Free' instead of 'Purchased') and while the Vita version lists Free in Yellow text (PS+ title) and the PS3 version listed as Free in White text.

So, I got the PS3 version alongside the other Plus games, and after I purchased everything, I got the PS3 and Vita versions (as if I got the game through Plus).

Is that you situation right now? And what games do you own already that Plus is giving out this month? I might be able to help if you can answer :).

Kung fu rabbit is not cross buy, they're giving both versions and you're seeing the one you haven't bought as free.

At least that's what happened in europe. a week ago I've checked out of curiosity (PSblog said that Kung fu rabbit would have been given away for PS3 and Vita, but I was sure it wasn't crossbuy) and in fact I owned just the Vita version. Now I can download the PS3 version, which is tied to my sub, while Vita version has no expiration date.

I think that's the case, the difference between the white and yellow "free". I doesn't help that there is also that case when latter cross-buy PS+ games are released and then they become "free".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I keep buying Citizens of Earth because it keeps going on sale for low low prices.

The VA is also legitimately funny.

Top Bottom