• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

Is this where I post about communities? I'm sure no one here will even want to join, but I started a Phish community called Phish Phamily. Obviously since we can't search yet, you can add by searching my username Phish09. Just thought I'd share in case anyone is interested.

RK128

Played a bunch of games today thanks to PlayStation Plus and going back to some older games in my GameCube collection :).

Super Meat Boy is the one I was the most excited about and.....its good. I love the look and style of the game, the controls (mostly) feel great on Vita, and I love the Light/Dark World elements plus the WARP ZOOOOOONE's you can find hidden in levels. The only issue I have with the game is one many have commented on already; the soundtrack. I know its different than the PC/360 versions due to the creator of the OST being...something (don't want to say spiteful or prickish, as it IS is work that he is exerting control over) but still, its a bit distracting.

I listened to some of the original versions soundtrack and man is is great :D! I love how it sounds and it bites that I have to either download it online and put on my Vita (to listen to it while playing) or whenever I get a PS4 use Spotify to play the original OST while playing the game.

Its not a major deal to me, as I like the new OST. Its not as great as the new OST that Bending of Issac Rebirth got, but its still a solid soundtrack that while not matching the game at times, still pumps you up for death after death :).

Tried playing Broken Age next....but my Vita's touch screen was bugging out, so I could select anything :(. So, I will be trying it again in a while, than post my comments on my first hour or so latter :).

The comment about going back to my GameCube collection? It was to play a Spyro game that I own that I haven't played in a while; Spyro A Hero's Tail. The game heavily mirrors not the Spyro series but Jak & Daxter with its structure, level design and mission objectives. You have an inter-connected world, Spyro can double jump, his level design has far more pure platforming than the PS1 trilogy and the different mission types feel ripped out of other games; Hunter is a mix of Fox from Star Fox Adventures and Jak, Sargent Bird is a new take on the Speedway levels form the original series, Brink feels like a heavier version of Jak and Sparx is a mix between Star Fox 64 and Space Harrier.

The game still has a lot of what makes Spyro great though; the humor is quite funny with a number of lines cracking me up or giving me a smile, the visuals mirror the colorful worlds of past installments, the music while not having the same composer from past titles still sounds great, and Spyro still having a lot of his abilities from past games (Horn Dive, Glide, Flame Breath, Charging, Elemental Breaths from Enter the Dragonfly, ect).

Overall, it was a nice surprise going back to the game and getting some gems and Dragon Eggs; came in expecting to not hate the game but see it pale in comparison to Spyro 1 and 2. But, the game feels like a nice evolution from those games and while it doesn't copy from them like how Enter the Dragonfly did, it still feels like a Spyro game but adding more to stand out. I respect the game for trying and similar to Crash Twinsanity and the GBA Crash games, A Hero's Tail is the best post-Insomniac developed Spyro game out there next to the GBA games and Legend of Spyro Eternal Night/Dawn of the Dragon.

The latter two games (Eternal Night and Dawn of the Dragon) should be respected a little bit more, as while they went in a very different direction then what most where expecting, they largely succeed in making this grand, epic tale.....even if it is a bit generic and it having Sparx having different personalities every game.

....Going from Kusko (Emperors New Groove) in the original Legend of Spyro, to Fry (Futurama) and lastly to a completely different person; Sparx has a lot of different voices XD!

Sondar

Who's hoping to buy the US Limited Edition of Superbeat: XONiC? I've only just noticed their Facebook page saying it's going to be very limited & slightly different to the European & Korean versions.

I have the stupid idea of trying to buy the US LE & the Europe LE as well...

I wonder when they'll put it up for pre-order?

Tizoc

Tokyo Xanadu be bringing in dat Yen
01./00. [PSV] Tokyo Xanadu # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2015.09.30} (¥6.998) - 88.879 / NEW
It'll reach 100K eventually, but otherwise good start for it.

^

04./00. [PS4] Yoru no Nai Kuni # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥7.344) - 35.907 / NEW
05./00. [PSV] Yoru no Nai Kuni # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥6.264) - 32.904 / NEW

YNNK sold more copies on PS4 than on Vita. That's interesting
Who's hoping to buy the US Limited Edition of Superbeat: XONiC? I've only just noticed their Facebook page saying it's going to be very limited & slightly different to the European & Korean versions.

I have the stupid idea of trying to buy the US LE & the Europe LE as well...

I wonder when they'll put it up for pre-order?
I'm waiting on a few more release details before I order anything. I'm scared that Rising Star games will skip Germany again like they did with Sorcery Saga so buying the EU release will lock me out of the DLC.

Yasumi

Banned
^

04./00. [PS4] Yoru no Nai Kuni # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥7.344) - 35.907 / NEW
05./00. [PSV] Yoru no Nai Kuni # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥6.264) - 32.904 / NEW

It's the opposite in Famitsu for some reason.

04./00. [PSV] Yoru no Nai Kuni # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥6.264) - 36.530 / NEW <80-100%>
05./00. [PS4] Yoru no Nai Kuni # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥7.344) - 35.483 / NEW <80-100%>

Either way, still pretty solid numbers for Gust.

Sondar

I'm waiting on a few more release details before I order anything. I'm scared that Rising Star games will skip Germany again like they did with Sorcery Saga so buying the EU release will lock me out of the DLC.

Ah, right. Have you considered creating multiple accounts for different regions?

Ah, right. Have you considered creating multiple accounts for different regions?

Well I have an US account which I will use for Xonic if what I posted turns out to be true :) In general I like to support niche releases in EU but RSG isn't making it easy.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
SMB Vita port is excellent! Blasting through it, already on World 5. I guess it helps clocking in over 80 hours on the PC version.

The new soundtrack is garbage though. :(

I'm actually okay with this, I need to finish playing TitS FC and then get SC when it comes out.

Why would you import at this point, anyway? Hasn't it already been out in Japan for a good while now?

I'm importing from NA to EU. I don't want to wait until the end of January

Sondar

From the Superbeat: XONiC Facebook page...

Michael Yum

Yes almost as rare as DJMAX Fever The Crew. Ill say this now theres less than 500. We wont be able to ship it worldwide as of now but ill look into it before we start.

Michael Yum

Ok guys. its not happening today. It will be announced Friday. Ill put it up slightly earlier here for you guys on Thursday. so dont stress over it too much. I might also put some aside and put a second order so it doesnt go too crazy the first day.

Hubb

From the Superbeat: XONiC Facebook page...

I must have read it too quick, I thought they were talking about only printing 500 of the standard edition. Still haven't preordered this, and I want to to support it but there are too many games I want.

Zhao_Yun

Just saw scans for Nippon Ichi's new Dungeon-RPG "Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain". Man, one of the class artworks won't be well received here on GAF.

RK128

Put about 1-2 hours into Broken Age on Vita and I came away impressed :).

The art style looks like something right out of a children's story and the animation of all the characters is very charming. The musical score while nothing amazing, still sounds nice.

The story is the most interesting part, as Shay and Vella both have different story's to go through that inter-connect in some way. Shay's story is the weaker one but its still interesting; being stuck on this ship that looks kid-ish but has a far darker secret. Vella is the more interesting story with locations that look far more varied and creative than Shay's Ship/Space. The characters you meet as Vella are also more interesting, as I chuckled and laugh at some of the lines coming out of Vella's family, the 'offerings', and the Cloud people.

The controls are great on the Vita, as thanks to the touch screen, it plays very closely to the PC version (plus having the option to use the left and right sticks to control the cursor as well).

Overall, I like the game a bit more than Super Meat Boy and I'm glad I gave it a shot thanks to Plus :).

In other news, went on my very first job interview today, with it being at my local GameStop and by next Thursday I will hear back whenever I got the job or not. I feel like it went well, so I'm hoping I get the job :D.

kng3025

Put about 1-2 hours into Broken Age on Vita and I came away impressed :).

The art style looks like something right out of a children's story and the animation of all the characters is very charming. The musical score while nothing amazing, still sounds nice.

The story is the most interesting part, as Shay and Vella both have different story's to go through that inter-connect in some way. Shay's story is the weaker one but its still interesting; being stuck on this ship that looks kid-ish but has a far darker secret. Vella is the more interesting story with locations that look far more varied and creative than Shay's Ship/Space. The characters you meet as Vella are also more interesting, as I chuckled and laugh at some of the lines coming out of Vella's family, the 'offerings', and the Cloud people.

The controls are great on the Vita, as thanks to the touch screen, it plays very closely to the PC version (plus having the option to use the left and right sticks to control the cursor as well).

Overall, I like the game a bit more than Super Meat Boy and I'm glad I gave it a shot thanks to Plus :).

In other news, went on my very first job interview today, with it being at my local GameStop and by next Thursday I will hear back whenever I got the job or not. I feel like it went well, so I'm hoping I get the job :D.

I was very impressed myself. I got the game when it first hit psn but I'm about halfway through. I've throughly enjoyed what I've played so far and have to agree with you in that Vellas story is much more interesting. I'll probably try out SMB once I get BA out of the way.

Hope all goes well and that you get the job.

Not sure if this is a good place to ask, but I just wanted some input.

Manged to get the PS4 Destiny Bundle for 315ish - is this a good price? I was thinking of waiting for BF, but this seems like a decent deal.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Not sure if this is a good place to ask, but I just wanted some input.

Manged to get the PS4 Destiny Bundle for 315ish - is this a good price? I was thinking of waiting for BF, but this seems like a decent deal.

Considering the lowest Ive seen it is 350. Id say thats a good deal for a brand new one.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah, it seems good, but I don't know if BF will have better. I realize no one here really knows what Sony has planned, but a few opinions/guesses wouldn't hurt in making my decision.

Just think of it this way, with what you have now saves you the trouble of dealing with the usual chaos that ensues due to Black Friday.

Olli128

Having a strange issue with a PS Plus Game..

I remember playing a bit of Catherine when it was released on PS+ but I didn't think much of it so deleted it, recently decided to give it another go and it's not in my download list and it's not there. Searched it on the store and it's asking me to pay. I still have PS Plus subscription as I downloaded a couple of other games like red dead but it seems Catherine has disappeared, anyone know why or had this happen to them?

RK128

I was very impressed myself. I got the game when it first hit psn but I'm about halfway through. I've throughly enjoyed what I've played so far and have to agree with you in that Vellas story is much more interesting. I'll probably try out SMB once I get BA out of the way.

Hope all goes well and that you get the job.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the story of Broken Age :D! Not spoil anything, it will be interesting visiting different/similar locations as different characters in the second half :).

And thank you for the kind worlds about the job :D! I really hope it goes well as, well, I need a job (college tests/text books, bills, games, ect).

Hikami

Think I'm around halfway through Ys Celceta now and damn.. this game just keeps getting better and better. Love being able to control someone other than Adol for once, adds so much variety to the gameplay.
Ys Seven plays like this too I've heard? Skipped that one since it wasn't on Steam though, I may end up getting that next from the PSN store then after all.

Massa

I remember playing a bit of Catherine when it was released on PS+ but I didn't think much of it so deleted it, recently decided to give it another go and it's not in my download list and it's not there. Searched it on the store and it's asking me to pay. I still have PS Plus subscription as I downloaded a couple of other games like red dead but it seems Catherine has disappeared, anyone know why or had this happen to them?

You have to search for it in your download list.

Yeah download list toture is what you need to do. I have experienced this myself. PlayStation store is such garbage.

Catherine is best experienced as a YouTube video than a shitty puzzle game.

I requested to watch my friend play Destiny. He approved it and I was sent into a party. Didn't see anywhere to watch his gameplay.

Did we do something wrong? Is there another step?

Vylash

New Atelier Sophie trailer

I missed punis.

Edit: That sounds a bit wrong...

^

marry me, gust

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Holy Hell, Meat Boy is soo small in some levels on the Vita. Some of World 6 (The End) he's so tiny you can barely see him. :p

Felt good unlocking the Kid again!

RE. Superbeat Xonic in Germany
Y3hAd7o.png

So far it seems like the physical copy will only be sold on amazon.co.uk here

If there are some poor souls out there that has Kantai Collection Kai pre-ordered, make sure you guys cancel yours.

srsly lol

Top Bottom