• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2015

I didn't even know there was new footage shown at TGS, link?

I'm just going off the premise; the screenshots and the fact it's a somewhat traditional RPG.

September 19

11:45 to 12:15 – Hero Must Die. Game Designer and Voice Actor Talk Event – Featuring Shouji Masuda, Hiromi Igarashi, and Eriko Matsui.

It was on both Youtube and Niconico, but the YT video has been made private (like all of SEGAs streams)

TOTPR: hope for game localizations for net high, tokyo xanadu and makai shin trillion.
look forward to Trails of cold steel, starlight tactics, Oddworld: new n tasty, darkest dungeon, the banner saga, severed, salt & sanctuary, attack on titan, toukiden 2 and world of final fantasy.

And give starlight Inception a chance.

TGS have been really fantastic this year IMO.

However..

they didn't announce any of the Vita games that I was hoping for:

Vita versions of Resonance of fate, ni no kuni, Catherine and valkyria chronicles.

Soul Sacrifice and freedom wars sequels.

A new .hack game (that smartphone game doesn't count)

A dark/demon souls game from level 5.

;)

7RdXsWh.jpg

Shütshimi Vita - Appreciate the heads up on a code from daydream but I am not digging the game. Not varied enough in wackyness to be good like WarioWare and not a good vertical shooter like Aqua Kitty. The "LOL so random" aesthetics doesn't work for me.

2VO29ax.jpg

VVVVVV Vita - So much better than N++ in so many ways. VVVVVVV is cheaper, has a great Vita version, better music, aesthetic, and story. I know I am LTTP on this but I am glad I get to experience this game. GOTY list top 10 for sure.

DthnElO.jpg

Invokers Tournament Vita - Runs well and I could get into a match easily. I am not a MOBA guy but this seems very simple for a MOBA. Maybe I missing stuff but it seems very basic and I don't think you can send out little dudes like most MOBAs. Free to play but I think it is more restricted on plays than buying upgrades? Didn't spend too much time with it as it is kinda boring.

Working Top 10 list

• Rocket League
  • Mad Max
  • Shovel Knight
  • VVVVVVV
  • Super Time Force
  • Helldivers
  • Adventures of Pip
  • Geometry Wars 3 Vita
  • Whoa Dave!
  • Ziggurat

jvm

Gamasutra.
Finally got up the nerve to return to Limbo recently. I'm not a big fan of violence toward children, and I was able to put that aside and play.

I enjoyed the game a great deal, both in terms of aesthetics and puzzle design. I did feel that there were a few that were too obscure at the end, but that's a minor quibble. The ending is certainly a challenge, emotionally. It will always be like an itch you can't scratch, but I can find my own peace with that.

Recommended game.

data

There's a new "sale" on EU PSN, but I can't find a blog post about it or anything, and they don't have an ending date. Are these permament pricedrops?

Sondar

So, that physical version of Darius Burst Chronicle Saviours that's only available from Ebten & Chara-ani. What are the chances of it appearing on Play Asia, Nin Nin Games etc? I see that Play Asia does have some Ebten releases (after a quick search).

Will it likely have a small print run & maybe impossible to find, even on eBay? :/

Benedict

When is VVVVVV released on Vita?
I can't find it on the Swedish store.

Edit: I see it's Nicalis developing it. That means never I guess. Still waiting for 1001 spikes...
Nicalis is so horrible, zero customer support or even acknowledge that they even have customers. Such idiots.

VLiberty

When is VVVVVV released on Vita?
I can't find it on the Swedish store.

Edit: I see it's Nicalis developing it. That means never I guess. Still waiting for 1001 spikes...
Nicalis is so horrible, zero customer support or even acknowledge that they even have customers. Such idiots.

Why is Nicalis even a thing?

They haven't done anything on their own, they're a port studio and a publisher, which would be ok if they weren't utter crap at doing both things.

VVVVVV is available in UK but not in the rest of EU

Vashetti

Banned
There's a new "sale" on EU PSN, but I can't find a blog post about it or anything, and they don't have an ending date. Are these permament pricedrops?

I've heard several mentions of this, any way to see it on the webstore?

Wonder why the blog hasn't publicised it.

How is One Piece Unlimited World Red? $9.00 is pretty tempting but I know nothing of the series at all. It looks like a fun brawler/RPG or am I way off?

RK128

How is One Piece Unlimited World Red? $9.00 is pretty tempting but I know nothing of the series at all. It looks like a fun brawler/RPG or am I way off?

I only got through a hour or so of the game since I got it a few months back, but I enjoyed it (got it for around 10 bucks :D).

It has great visuals, its combat system really opens up once you unlock the entire cast, the game has a lot of exploration (through little platforming) and the hub world has a lot to do in it (notably once it begins to open up as you progress through the game).

Its a solid adventure that while nothing amazing, looks amazing on the Vita screen and is a lot of fun to play :).

Benedict

It’s a fairly quiet week for discounts (though take note of our deal of the week on Grand Theft Auto V on PS4) but if you missed out on some of the biggest PS3 titles first time round, make sure you stop by PlayStation Store as we’ve dropped the prices of hundreds of titles.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/09/15/new-on-playstation-store-destiny-the-taken-king-pes-2016-nhl-16-more/

I think they are permanent.

data

VLiberty

That sucks. Hope you get it soon. Came to NA PS4/Vita a month ago for $8.

Eh, if not there's still the 3DS option, but at this point I don't even want to give money to Nicalis, even if it actually manages to come to EU PSN. Same for 1001 Spikes(though I don't have another option for this one)

Though I still haven't bought Nightsky and I want to play it :/

edit: to add to the pile, the supposed euro price of VVVVVV was 9€ in the blog post. If I got $->€ conversion right, we should be paying less than 8€, instead we're paying even more.

September 19

11:45 to 12:15 – Hero Must Die. Game Designer and Voice Actor Talk Event – Featuring Shouji Masuda, Hiromi Igarashi, and Eriko Matsui.

It was on both Youtube and Niconico, but the YT video has been made private (like all of SEGAs streams)

Ah bugger. I'd have been interested in seeing more of it, even if it is just a character running across a screen :p

autoduelist

Glitches in their system? No. Their billing system (according to the tech, which may or may not be true) was down. The code path shouldn't have even gotten to t he point of tripping a fraud protection system. It's pure incompetence, but this is still the Sony that allowed the PS3-era PSN hack, and the same Sony that allowed North Korean hackers to steal all their secrets. If they wanted to be secure, they should mandate two-factor auth for every transaction instead of using an outdated five-alarm fire alert system every time their servers break.

And I called out their unprofessionalism because the manager hung up on me. That's unacceptable behavior.

A system being down is one of many possible glitches.

You're incorrect about where fraud protection occurs. Some sites/services can detect fraud and lock you out before you even reach a shopping cart.

The general / likely order for a purchase:
1) Initial order recieved, contact payment processor and ask for authorization (NOT for billing)
2) If approved, check with fraud service provider
3) If approved, add order to main system and process with payment provider.

Not allowing customer service to override fraud protection is also commonplace [though some companies do give their cs this power]. However, this opens them up to social engineering. Both have issues.

Assuming their billing service was down, step 3 above is where the problem was.
This means you repeatedly were doing step #1 and step #2, and any of the 3 players could have locked you out for potential fraud: your payment processor, the third party fraud detection service, or Sony.

I'm sorry it happened to you, but seriously, what they are doing is industry standard and solid security.

As for the manager hanging up on you, yes, that's potentially unprofessional but by the tone of your posts, at least [which is hard to tell, of course, it's text on the internet] for all i know you were cussing at them or something or you were angrier than you realized and your voice was raised and the manager found it inappropriate. Without a tape of the call, there is no way for me to know, it's just hearsay. But yes, in general, hanging up is unprofessional.

Localization chance is quite low on this one right?

Dunno. NISA haven't localized stuff like Edo Blacksmith which was a similarly small Vita RPG, but they have been strong supporters of the console with other stuff.

So it's anyone's guess, really.

Dunno. NISA haven't localized stuff like Edo Blacksmith which was a similarly small Vita RPG, but they have been strong supporters of the console with other stuff.

So it's anyone's guess, really.

As I understands it the game is a remake, have you seen any footage of the original. I had forgotten about how the game is made by the creator of Oreshika.

Did you play oreshika, if not I'd recommend it (from what I've played, maybe 10-15 hours).

Fuck. I knew I forgot to buy a few games while I was in Japan.

At least Marl Kingdom 3 Tenshi no Present is already in Game Archives. :|

As I understands it the game is a remake, have you seen any footage of the original. I had forgotten about how the game is made by the creator of Oreshika.

Did you play oreshika, if not I'd recommend it (from what I've played, maybe 10-15 hours).

I have a physical copy of Oreshika but haven't played it yet, haha. I have no doubt I'll love it though and I am planning on getting around to it eventually.

I really like the premise of Hero Must Die so far, and aesthetically it's been looking pretty nice too.

Speaking of NISA's future games and missing 2016 announcements, be sure to show interest on their game requests forum, it can't hurt.

A few notable threads on the first page:
Operation Babel
Amagami (oh god please)
Yomawari (can't see this one not being localized though, probably CG2 as well)
Great Edo Blacksmith
Hero Must Die
Shin Hayarigami
Ukiyo no Shishi/Roushi
Punchline
Stranger of the Village of the Sword

Nice job.

I'm still a little surprised Edo Blacksmith & Shin Hayarigami didn't get announced in February or at AX. 2015 has been a quiet year in games for NISA and I'd have thought internal stuff would've been an easy pick up for them.

I'm also expecting Yomawari to be announced... whenever their next press conference is. I'm the one who made the Ukiyo no Shishi/Roushi topic and I've given up hope on that one now. Hero Must Die still needs to come out in Japan first, and Operation Babel/Stranger of Sword City... is anyone's guess at this point really. I hope so.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Fuck. I knew I forgot to buy a few games while I was in Japan.

At least Mark Kingdom 3 Tenshi no Present is already in Game Archives. :|

No its actually good you didnt buy Edo. As the game is just bad and the amount of content present did not really justify the price is what others said.

I have a PS4 with PS+ on it at home but I'm at college. Is there a way to ensure I still can download all of the games that I missed when I get back? If not, is there a way I can pause my membership and resume it during the holidays or something?

autoduelist

I have a PS4 with PS+ on it at home but I'm at college. Is there a way to ensure I still can download all of the games that I missed when I get back? If not, is there a way I can pause my membership and resume it during the holidays or something?

'Buy' them on the webstore every month. This locks them in to your account and they will always be accessible whenever you have a ps+ subscription active.

'Buy' them on the webstore every month. This locks them in to your account and they will always be accessible whenever you have a ps+ subscription active.
is the webstore accessible from a browser?

edit; just checked, derp it is

So is there anyway to pause and resume my subscription though so I don't have to pay for months when I'm away from my PS4?

Yeah, people would abuse the living daylights out of it, pausing it everytime they weren't actively playing a game that required it. There's just no upside for Sony.
eh i guess but maybe make it like once you pause you can't resume within 30 days without paying a $5 fee or something

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I only got through a hour or so of the game since I got it a few months back, but I enjoyed it (got it for around 10 bucks :D).

It has great visuals, its combat system really opens up once you unlock the entire cast, the game has a lot of exploration (through little platforming) and the hub world has a lot to do in it (notably once it begins to open up as you progress through the game).

Its a solid adventure that while nothing amazing, looks amazing on the Vita screen and is a lot of fun to play :).

9-10$? Damn i bought with the current eu sale for 19 euros :mad:
It's a good game that looks GREAT, especially considering it's a 3ds port, a good example of how the right artstyle can make a game look great(imo better than op pirate warriors and jstar victory+ that aren't on 3ds).

9-10$? Damn i bought with the current eu sale for 19 euros :mad:
It's a good game that looks GREAT, especially considering it's a 3ds port, a good example of how the right artstyle can make a game look great(imo better than op pirate warriors and jstar victory+ that aren't on 3ds).

You guys convinced me. I got it, now to make room on my super small 8gb card.

18-Volt

Nice job.

I'm still a little surprised Edo Blacksmith & Shin Hayarigami didn't get announced in February or at AX. 2015 has been a quiet year in games for NISA and I'd have thought internal stuff would've been an easy pick up for them.

I'm also expecting Yomawari to be announced... whenever their next press conference is. I'm the one who made the Ukiyo no Shishi/Roushi topic and I've given up hope on that one now. Hero Must Die still needs to come out in Japan first, and Operation Babel/Stranger of Sword City... is anyone's guess at this point really. I hope so.

Yeah compared to XSEED, NISA was strangely quiet this year. They have lots of stuff in their plate but announced too few localizations. I think Stranger of Sword City will be localized only for Xbox One as it's pretty different from Vita version. Yomawari and Criminal Girls 2 will be NISA's Vita lineup but I expect Hero Must Die at some point too. For rest of 2016, Witch PS4 and Refrain DRPG should be on their lineup.

It's pretty late for Ukiyo games but there are other SpikeChunsoft games that need to be localized: Mystery Chronicle, Grand Kingdom and Exist Archive. And since all of them are also coming for PS4, someone is sure to localize them. Question is, who? I'd say Atlus. They have better relationship with SC than NISA does.

Shizuka

Yeah compared to XSEED, NISA was strangely quiet this year. They have lots of stuff in their plate but announced too few localizations. I think Stranger of Sword City will be localized only for Xbox One as it's pretty different from Vita version. Yomawari and Criminal Girls 2 will be NISA's Vita lineup but I expect Hero Must Die at some point too. For rest of 2016, Witch PS4 and Refrain DRPG should be on their lineup.

It's pretty late for Ukiyo games but there are other SpikeChunsoft games that need to be localized: Mystery Chronicle, Grand Kingdom and Exist Archive. And since all of them are also coming for PS4, someone is sure to localize them. Question is, who? I'd say Atlus. They have better relationship with SC than NISA does.

It's the same, actually.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

At this point in time outside of the art, for the most part the title will be the same. So they said there is no real point in playing the XBO version if you have already played the Vita one.

Though there is talk about a SoSC 1.5 for the Vita but no real details yet as of this time with what it will contain.

To be fair, I think NISA had a pretty crazy 2014 (10 games, all of them something I was mildly interested in, most of them I was crazy interested in) but 2015's been kinda slow. I haven't much cared for their Vita releases outside of DanganRonpa (though I am planning on getting Operation Abyss) and their console stuff hasn't been a whole lot better outside of Disgaea, which I'm kind of over at this point. And 7 games in total compared to the 10 from last year.

I had been hoping that their 2014 output was a sign they'd hired more translators or something, but it certainly doesn't seem that way. They've got two upcoming games announced, both releasing in the next two months.

XSEED are having a crazy year indeed, though, and I love that. I'm hoping for more of the same from them next year (maybe I'm going to be disappointed again like NISA with this year :p)

As for the Spike Chunsoft stuff, I agree, I want all of those games. I don't think there's any chance Exist Archive gets skipped - I can imagine all the localization houses trying to get their hands on it. But just because there's new stuff coming doesn't mean I want the older games to get skipped - I'd be really disappointed if we never got Ukiyo no Roushi over here, but it's certainly looking that way.

It's the NISA/IFI internal stuff I'm getting a little worried about though. They're still making exclusives in Japan (Makai Shin Trillion; Death under the Labyrinth; Project Refrain; Hero Must Die) that I think looks very nice, but all seem unlikely for various reasons. IFI only seem interested in Neptunia stuff alongside PC ports at the minute, and NISA are supporting Vita very well but not so well with their internal stuff (given what they've skipped so far).

I reallt hope that Makai Shin Trillion and Death under the Labyrinth get localized next year, they both look great. Anyone getting God Eater Resurrection next month?

Hi

jqwa96J.gif

late reaction to news and stuff

Miku X AND a port of Arcade! :D
Yoru No Nai Kuni localization! :D
Gravity Rush 2! :D
Ni-Oh! :D
Persona 5 D:
FF XV :|
Seiken Densetsu remake :| (I was sooo hyped for that as well, FFA is my favourite GB game :( )

Probably forgot something cool

Some EU news I don't think anyone posted here yet:

- Trails SC got a USK rating a while ago, so I'm having hopes that it'll get a simultaneous EU release (and soon)
- NISA put up a release date of December 4th for Cold Steel on amazon.co.uk and they're not too bad at keeping those dates. I guess it depends on XSEED keeping their schedule

I mostly played MGSV last month and I'm really looking forward to October with Disgaea 5, DQH and Zestiria (even though I have very low expectations for that one..)
Not much happening on the Vita front. We really need some new localization announcements. I'm getting a bit worried.

Tizoc

It would appear that various PSOne classics from the Simple 1500 series are releasing on US PSN soon.

Agree. I'm still hopeful though :(

I just want the last batch of Vita exclusive stuff coming here before it's over. I'm less worried about PS4/Vita games even though some are far from guaranteed (lol God Eater)

Luminous Arc Infinity
Makai Shin Trillion
NepNep Spinoffs
Some Exp Inc DRPG(s)
Tokyo Xanadu
Valkyrie Drive

I'd be happy with those, everything else would be a bonus. I'd take another 1 or 2 banned games as well

I just want the last batch of Vita exclusive stuff coming here before it's over. I'm less worried about PS4/Vita games even though some are far from guaranteed (lol God Eater)

Luminous Arc Infinity
Makai Shin Trillion
NepNep Spinoffs
Operation Babel
Tokyo Xanadu

Those + Atelier Escha & Logy Plus; Hero Must Die; Ukiyo no Roushi and Yomawari are what I'm after.

But then a load of PS4/Vita stuff too - Exist Archive; Grand Kingdom; Utawarerumono etc., and given what has happened with Yoru no Nai Kuni so far I'm a bit worried.

Man, I'm greedy. But I love buying Japanese games, and Vita has been a fantastic platform for them so far!

Those + Atelier Escha & Logy Plus; Hero Must Die; Ukiyo no Roushi and Yomawari are what I'm after.

But then a load of PS4/Vita stuff too - Exist Archive; Grand Kingdom; Utawarerumono etc., and given what has happened with Yoru no Nai Kuni so far I'm a bit worried.

Man, I'm greedy. But I love buying Japanese games, and Vita has been a fantastic platform for them so far!

I'm pretty sure Exist Archive and even Utawarerumono will make it here. Same with Escha Logy Plus. I can see Yomawari as a downloadable title. Not sure at all about the rest though but I haven't followed them very closely.

EDIT: Screw Experience's weird Xbox One exclusivity deal btw. It makes me angry how little sense that makes.

Saphirax

Hardin did mention an interest in bringing Utawarerumono to the West, so there's that. I doubt Atlus would skip the Vita version though.

I'm pretty sure Exist Archive and even Utawarerumono will make it here. Same with Escha Logy Plus. I can see Yomawari as a downloadable title. Not sure at all about the rest though but I haven't followed them very closely.

EDIT: Screw Experience's weird Xbox One exclusivity deal btw. It makes me angry how little sense that makes.

This isn't their first time dealing with MS. I think it's a similar situation as 5pb - make games 'exclusive' for X1 and then later they get ported to Vita/PS4, sometimes with additional content.

Hardin did mention an interest in bringing Utawarerumono to the West, so there's that. I doubt Atlus would skip the Vita version though

iirc, Hardin only mentioned the PS4 version of Utawarerumono.

That said, Atlus have been really good to Vita (i.e. Odin Sphere physical release), so I can't see them skipping it either.

Top Bottom