• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

Shinriji

32GB owner

- Vita 1000 (US/Wifi)
- Updated without problems
- Cart on slot
- Was 3.01 before
- No custom firmware
- Roughly 80 apps

Just updated my Vita with a 32 GB card
- Vita 1000
- Had a game in the slot
- Have around 23 GB of free storage

Seems to be fine.

EDIT: Black, North American, WiFi model. 7 bubbles that aren't stock. (so 26 or so in total).

Spelunky Schooling
Epic post, and I totally agree. It's upsetting to see so many people say the game is "random and unfair." The levels might be randomized, but the game (at least 98% of the time) is most certainly not random. There's a method to all the ball busting madness.

wow, this just came out.
is it that bad? I was going to wait, but this is tempting.

I can't speak to the quality of the game but for a lot of publishers this marks the last sale they can have for the quarter, which ends on 3/31. They might be trying to squeeze out as many sales as they can before then.

Decide for me GAF:

Thief or TR:DE?

I have $24 credit to blow on one of those. I have downloaded the free PS3 version of TR, but haven't played it yet..

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Decide for me GAF:

Thief or TR:DE?

I have $24 credit to blow on one of those. I have downloaded the free PS3 version of TR, but haven't played it yet..
Same question for me. I have the ten dollar credit sony sent out last week.
Just play the PS3 Tomb Raider. And if you don't already want Thief, I get the feeling you won't love it. Wait for the rest of the sales to go up before just buying something.

Takao

Banned
Updated my 32GB without a problem. Here's the info:

- Black WiFi Vita 1000 (launch)
- About 90 apps
- Cart in slot
- Previously at the whatever the prior firmware was (3.01?)
- About 2.5GB free

maouvin

I want to bite TR:DE for that price, but this sale makes me so absolutely sure it'll show up on PS+ this semester...

Destiny of Spirits is up for download, but the servers are still down.

Also:

32gb owner
Vita 1000, black, wi-fi only (launch)
No problems updating
~3gb free
~70 bubbles
No cart in slot

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've noticed that the new Vita Memory manager seems to overestimate the size of PSmobile games, saying games that are 10s of megs in size are actually 100+, and such. That's... kind or odd.

Is there suppose to be a Deception IV demo? All I see so far is one for Conception II.

Epic post, and I totally agree. It's upsetting to see so many people say the game is "random and unfair." The levels might be randomized, but the game (at least 98% of the time) is most certainly not random. There's a method to all the ball busting madness.

I think it's one of my buttons here on cross-console GAF, haha. Because the game is designed so well, pulling so much intuitive-feel style gameplay into a game with random, fresh stages. It's one of very few games that makes me feel random generation was actually done RIGHT.

When I first played, I expected to see a plethora of situations that define that 2% you mention. I thought I'd be charmed by the graphics, but end up disliking loosely-designed mechanics that left a bad taste in my mouth after extended play. The truth ended up so far from that, that I'm still a bit surprised to this day, haha.

Gurumin is on sale on US PSN
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ture/cid=UP1059-ULUS10228_00-GURUMINMONSTROUS

Vita owners DEF. gotta get this game, it's like Rockman Dash/Megaman Legends, and the localization is great.

Awww man, lol. I've got it on PSP long ago, but that's a game I'd love to have on Vita again, since I never finished it. I'll also give a sound recommendation for it, too! (Sure it's a sale or maybe a permanent price drop?)

Carnage Heart EXA is also down to $20, for any who might be interested: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-exa/cid=UP1014-NPUH10188_00-CARNAGEHEARTEXAE

I'd actually like to see Generations of Chaos go on sale too...

maouvin

Gurumin is on sale on US PSN
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ture/cid=UP1059-ULUS10228_00-GURUMINMONSTROUS

Vita owners DEF. gotta get this game, it's like Rockman Dash/Megaman Legends, and the localization is great.

The only game I ever saw Toto praising. Will bite.

I've noticed that the new Vita Memory manager seems to overestimate the size of PSmobile games, saying games that are 10s of megs in size are actually 100+, and such. That's... kind or odd.

Maybe it accounts the PSM runtime thing, too. Just because.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
@ SAB CA- Who cares, just get it already~

LoL, I'd love to, but my gaming budget is a bit tighter than usual ATM. So the 10 bucks on a game I already have might kill my chances to get something I don't already have... decisions, decisions... (and it's not like I don't have a huge PSP backlog, even on Vita, already.)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The only game I ever saw Toto praising. Will bite.

Maybe it accounts the PSM runtime thing, too. Just because.

I keep expecting a Toto TopOfPageBuyGurumin to happen to coincide with this news, too.

And yeah, I was thinking it could be something odd like that. Very weird to delete what looks like 600+ Megs of stuff, and then only get 280~ish back. At least it tallies it up properly before the final button press.

VanWinkle

Hulu Plus on Vita is the full console app, lol. But that's fine by me! Video quality is amazing on it. Wish they would make the Netflix app the same as the console ones.

Also, I love the new dark background on the PS Store.

Tizoc

VitaGAF halp! I need to find the cheapest place for a 64GB. My 32GB has run out of space! :(

Check Yes Asia or Nippon Yasan. The latter ships to outside Europe.

LoL, I'd love to, but my gaming budget is a bit tighter than usual ATM. So the 10 bucks on a game I already have might kill my chances to get something I don't already have... decisions, decisions... (and it's not like I don't have a huge PSP backlog, even on Vita, already.)

DO IT! I'm sure you can live without having to eat something for one or two days~

Seems to have gotten lost in the "Fezplosion", and from a very quick skim, I saw no other response.
Getting C2-16023-2 error when trying to sync google account to Vita. And those bubbles & folders do open faster :p
I have never been able to sync el GOOG to my Vita. I would rarely use the email feature if it worked, but it'd just be nice to have an easier way to email screenshots.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
bought... LOVE Falcom!

With Mastiff games kind of going Poof, this is a title that I have been afraid would get pulled from the store sooner or later.

so if you like Falcom buy the game.

*nodnod*

DO IT! I'm sure you can live without having to eat something for one or two days~

Haha, if only my food and gaming budget were combined! I'd make the choice much more often. Reminds me of a friend who purchased a good bed for his new place, before a computer... "A floor replaces a bed... what replaces computers?" (Nor did he have a net-ready cellphone.)

Just for the sake of mention, Gurumin doesn't appear in the Weekly deals section of the PSV store.

However, Gurumin and Carnage Heart EXA both appear in the "Price Drops" section of the webstore, so it seems like they're permanent.

cyborg009

Banned
So delta has integration with calender app?

BjkBWjwCAAAu-zu.png:large

Ventara

I updated my Vita earlier, and didn't have any problems.

64GB
1000, Wifi only model
Cart in slot
~4GB free
~95 bubbles
3.01 prior (I think, I know I've been up to date with everything so far)

Not sure what the problem is or if this'll help, but whatever.

Flandy

Updated without any Problems
Vita 1001 Wifi only
16GB
749 free
63 bubbles without folders
72 bubbles with folders
was on the latest firmware before the update

Top Bottom