• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

So I was going to play some Uncharted this weekend in the hope my PSN account would be unlocked so I could DL it... hell, I hope I get access back before the end of March so I can claim my PS+ titles :\

Guess it's back to trying to Platinum Tearaway, which is a lot harder than I gave it credit for. The Tear without losing my stamp? Ay ay ay, no es bueno.

I'm working on getting the Platinum for Tearaway at the moment and did the three stamp challenges levels earlier. The level with the Wendigo's was pretty easy but the other two took a few tries thanks to a couple of tricky platforming sections. I managed them in the end, very satisfying but not something I'd like to do again in a hurry! Now its just back to getting the remaining few collectables I'm short.

killatopak

Gold Member
No need to worry, the 2000 is definitely an upgrade. I was a huge fan of the OLED but I don't even miss it. The 2000 looks better, feels better and runs longer.

I have to disagree on that. Something on those front panels that I don't like. I just prefer the seamless front panel of the 1000 model. I'll jump on a 3000 model if they removed that.

ramyeon

I have to disagree on that. Something on those front panels that I don't like. I just prefer the seamless front panel of the 1000 model. I'll jump on a 3000 model if they removed that.
Feel free to disagree, but I think even the panel is better. That and the sides and back of the 2000 are leagues better. The faux metal of the 1000 is frankly pretty tacky.

Shahadan

I need advice from Euro GAF. Should I just create a US psn account since the games are way cheaper or is it a bad idea?
Tbh I created a european account to redeem my free games coming with the Vita pack, but after that I don't really now if it's worth it. Euro PSN+ had more interesting games right?

Sylver

Banned
I need advice from Euro GAF. Should I just create a US psn account since the games are way cheaper or is it a bad idea?
Tbh I created a european account to redeem my free games coming with the Vita pack, but after that I don't really now if it's worth it. Euro PSN+ had more interesting games right?

The problem with multiple accounts on Vita is the way you need to deal with.
If you don't have a second Vita you will need to: 1) restore the system and format the mem card everytime you want to change region account. or 2) restore the system and change the mem card if you have two memories each one attached with one regional account.
It's really painful to watch that start system video every time you restore the Vita and put all that wifi settings or rearrange again all the bubbles.
Another problem I see is you cannot use your "main" account (if it's from other region) if you care about trophies, account friends, or so.
If you only have one Vita and one card, you always can use the PC manager or PS3 and create a back-up everytime you want to change the region (this way you won't lose your saved games), but it means a lot of time if you have multiple games on it.
That said it's quite good to have multiple accounts you can buy stuff from everywhere (and cheaper in the US) and not to deal with shipping costs.

Only thing I can think of is if your account has problems (hacked) you're going to have to ring up US support and that'll cost you a bomb.

Shahadan

The problem with multiple accounts on Vita is the way you need to deal with.
If you don't have a second Vita you will need to: 1) restore the system and format the mem card everytime you want to change region account. or 2) restore the system and change the mem card if you have two memories each one attached with one regional account.
It's really painful to watch that start system video every time you restore the Vita and put all that wifi settings or rearrange again all the bubbles.
Another problem I see is you cannot use your "main" account (if it's from other region) if you care about trophies, account friends, or so.
If you only have one Vita and one card, you always can use the PC manager or PS3 and create a back-up everytime you want to change the region (this way you won't lose your saved games), but it means a lot of time if you have multiple games on it.
That said it's quite good to have multiple accounts you can buy stuff from everywhere (and cheaper in the US) and not to deal with shipping costs.

Yeah I heard about the resetting and annoying stuff. Doesn't bother me that much I guess, I'll probably only use the US one once it's created since my EU account is new and just has free stuff on it.
I guess there is no way to transform my Eu account into an US one, even if it means losing the games attached?
In any case thank you for your answer :)

Only thing I can think of is if your account has problems (hacked) you're going to have to ring up US support and that'll cost you a bomb.
Ouch, oh yeah that's true. I'll just have to cross my fingers >_<

dallow_bg

nods at old men
NPD results always depress me.

For me yes. The trials are gonna take me a while to figure out.

Quest mode will take u a few hours to complete. I've played about 3hrs. Not done yet. Then there's hardcore mode which I haven't tried yet. But imagine it's just a higher difficulty setting for quest mode.

And then when u have friends over is when the real magic happens lol.

Hmm, I may get this after all then.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So I laughed when I saw Suppadoopa gave yet another 1 star rating to a game, this time Lone Survivor, 2 hours after he downloaded it hahaha.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
12k sold in feb, making Wii U look like a beast

Wtf murica?!

12k sold in feb, making Wii U look like a beast

Wtf murica?!

i think wtf SCEA is a better call. They want to keep relegating it as a PS4 accessory, they want to keep pumping out low risk ports, its not going to drive people to sell it.

Its telling when the most hyped western upcoming Vita game is a year and half old game.
With PS4 Remote Play and PS Now, what incentive do they have to create original Vita games when they can just say, "Well you got a PS3-PS4 in your pocket, isn't that great? "

Ugh, it just gets me really frustrated. Really wish they could at least announce their OWN first party vita games for Western markets.

Massa

45k would be too good.

however i think 12k is too low an estimate.

i'd say its more on the 20-25k range.

Yeah, I just realized I misread a post. But it looks like 12k comes from a post quoting a guess that it sold 10k, all of it out of thin air. I don't get it...

Takao

Banned
You know we're living in a world of diminished expectations when 45k in a month in the world's largest video game market would be considered "too good", haha.

VanWinkle

I am not surprised whatsoever by Vita's sales. I'm surprised it does as well as it does. Sony has for the most part given up for it, especially SCEA. It's essentially just a portable indie machine. You can't expect a bunch of people to buy it.

Flandy

13151834273_1b843eb8e9_b.jpg

55-oh-you.jpg

nampad

Hm...my nephew didn't really like Tearaway, he wanted to play Terraria instead. He also doesn't like to build the Lego sets, only playing with them although crafting games are his favorite.

Tsunamo

Speaking from a Vita pov I don't think it's worth investing in if you don't want to start clean on a new account (if you don't mind that and staying on a US account most of the time though go nuts) but for PS3/PS4 it's a great compliment to my AU account with cheaper pricing on the US store and everything still being playable on my main account. I got one a few months ago and wont go back to the Australian store for PS3/PS4 games unless there's a good sale on, it's not too much of a price increase or servers are based on what version you buy (EU, US being separate)

If you do make one though make sure you get a proper e-mail linked to it you can remember the details for. I make the mistake of not doing that with my Jap account and can't play Rockman 1-3 PS1 anymore :(

Where is my Vita;

Minecraft
Borderlands 2
Binding of Isaac

Life as a Vita fan is waiting!

Try mine:

Waiting for substantial news about Phantasy Star noVa, hoping real good that it's not what they say it is (just an offline version of PSO2).

They're making Tri-Ace do it, there should be something!!

DDDDDDD8

RalchAC

Really? That seems new. I don't remember it having trophies when it launched. :lol

They added trophies like 3 days ago iirc.

Just finish a Conquest mode with 5 teams in DWNext. Shit, last battle sure was frustrating. Tanks were unbeatable, officers have 2 health bars (duel was really long) and i spent half my time near my base defending. Never again, musou games are about killing dudes that not attack you and mashing buttons. It's my game for those moments when an ambush in Dragon's Dogma has killed me and I've lost 40-60 minutes of my time lol.

Btw, would I like Demon's Souls if I like Dragons Dogma? Never played a Souls game, but I have Demons fue to PS+

Top Bottom