• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

You play season 2 on Vita? Thinking about picking it up there since I have yet to play it. Played season 1 elsewhere but I lost my save so I'm going through Season 1 on Vita atm. These 3 second loading times during choices are annoying ;__;

I've played all The Walking Dead episodes on Vita, I didn't have an issue with the presentation other than a few small contextual graphics errors.

-

Edit TOTP 50ppp

Buy Freedom Wars, you sinners!
Also, buy Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and all the DLC :)

Takao

Banned
vlcsnap-2014-10-29-18h20m58s204.png

Today the European PlayStation Store posted up a new trailer for PS Vita’s htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary. While it’s identical in content to the one released in July, there is one major difference: a release shift from a fall window to February 23, 2015.

There’s reason to doubt the legitimacy of this date. The 23rd is a Monday and neither of the western PlayStation Stores update on that day. The frame itself looks temporary, with the guides aiding the editor in centring the shot. That said, we’re in late October and there hasn’t been a lot of new information for the game’s western release. A delay into 2015 looks pretty likely.

htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary is an action-adventure puzzle game about a young girl named Mion. With her memory lost, players take on the role of a firefly and guide the girl through the treacherous ruins they find themselves trapped in. Through this journey players uncover the truth about the mysterious girl’s past. htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary launched in Japan on June 19th.

We reached out to NIS America for comment but as press time haven’t received a response. We’ll update this post if we do.

http://www.psnstores.com/2014/10/htolniq-the-firefly-diary-pushed-back-to-february-2015/

Novocaine

Digging that PS+ lineup for November. The sad part is I won't be playing any outside of Isaac for a while.

My card case has filled up so I ordered one of these. Also picked up a few cheap Japanese games that I can't get here to help fill it up a little more; Samurai and Dragons, Sumioni, and Orgarhythm.

QsQjT47.jpg

Sitrus

Well a delay did seem inevitable. Not sure what the hold up is though, since the game doesn't seem like it would take a ton of time to localize.

It has well, enough text in the whole game for me to translate in about half a minute. Must be something else delaying them. Maybe they lost the man working on the source code :?

I beat The Unfinished Swan again on Vita. I got every balloon but not every storybook page. I wish there was a counter for those, I have no idea where the ones I'm missing are.

Sarcasm

So question I just sub'd to PS+..I see rainbow moon or w/e is up three times:

1 for vita
1 for ps3
1 cross buy

what do I select? lol

Also..why can't I add spelunky (all versions to my cart?)

anddo0

is Frozen Synapse confirmed to not have cross buy?

how the heck is it PS+ so quickly after release?
it hasn't even been two months.

I'll play it on PS3, but damn that was fast.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

It probably bombed. Nobody here seems to be talking about it much.

VLiberty

Because the PS3 version isn't out yet. It'll probably be out the day PS+ offerings hit. And I think that's exactly the reason why it's not crossbuy, since, if it were, they would be giving away a one-month-old release. Instead, they're giving away a game on its dayone.

So question I just sub'd to PS+..I see rainbow moon or w/e is up three times:

1 for vita
1 for ps3
1 cross buy

what do I select? lol

Also..why can't I add spelunky (all versions to my cart?)

I don't know... get everything :p

As for Spelunky, just add one version to the cart and then the others should be unlocked

MQX

I noticed it added all spelunky and I choose the cross buy of rain..kinda some odd wording here like:

Why do I have demo and game unlocks? Which do I even download?

Spelunky and its four listings -.-
Both ;P.

Most PSN games are actually demo's(for example: Skullgirls, SF3 Third Strike, Minecraft etc.). When you (buy and) download the unlock dlc, the demo will be unlocked and you'll have the Full Game ;P.

Edit:
http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/41638483.html

Lost Song Limited Edition only for Vita. (At least for now)
No pics :(

oldmario

Digging that PS+ lineup for November. The sad part is I won't be playing any outside of Isaac for a while.

My card case has filled up so I ordered one of these. Also picked up a few cheap Japanese games that I can't get here to help fill it up a little more; Samurai and Dragons, Sumioni, and Orgarhythm.

QsQjT47.jpg

where is a good place to get a couple of these in the uk aside from import sites? the ones i got from hmv a while ago are running out but i don't really want to buy the cheap looking ones on ebay

Hellers

where is a good place to get a couple of these in the uk aside from import sites? the ones i got from hmv a while ago are running out but i don't really want to buy the cheap looking ones on ebay

I think I got my last one from Amazon. Good and solid it is too. I'd check there

Shinriji

Of those games, which 2 are the best?

- Sorcery Saga
- Mind Zero
- Akiba's Trip
- Demon Gaze
- Ragnarok Online Ace
- Danganronpa 2

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Because the PS3 version isn't out yet. It'll probably be out the day PS+ offerings hit. And I think that's exactly the reason why it's not crossbuy, since, if it were, they would be giving away a one-month-old release. Instead, they're giving away a game on its dayone.

Which is the best way IMO. Debut on PS+ is fine, but releasing a <1 month old game would just be shitting on those that supported it at launch. There should be a minimum of 3 months between launch and PS+

oldmario

Of those games, choose two.

- Sorcery Saga
- Mind Zero
- Akiba's Trip
- Demon Gaze
- Ragnarok Online Ace
- Danganronpa 2

i'd say Akiba's Trip and Danganronpa 2 if you've played the first if not then for the second game i'd go Demon Gaze

I think I got my last one from Amazon. Good and solid it is too. I'd check there

i looked there and pretty much a lot of other uk sites and in some stores as well, it seems they have pretty much upped and vanished

Of those games, which 2 are the best?

- Sorcery Saga
- Mind Zero
- Akiba's Trip
- Demon Gaze
- Ragnarok Online Ace
- Danganronpa 2

Danganronpa 2 and Akiba's Trip

I've played all The Walking Dead episodes on Vita, I didn't have an issue with the presentation other than a few small contextual graphics errors.

-

Edit TOTP 50ppp

Buy Freedom Wars, you sinners!
Also, buy Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and all the DLC :)

Wait Senran Kagura has DLC? Are they important or just cosmetics stuff?

SerTapTap

I guess the initial rumblings of a physical edition didn't pan out? Weird delay, either way. The game has almost nothing in it that actually needs to be translated.

They basically never confirmed or, IIRC, mentioned, a physical edition, we just hoped they might do a limited run like Japan got.

Will be getting Firefly Diary regardless

Shinriji

i'd say Akiba's Trip and Danganronpa 2 if you've played the first if not then for the second game i'd go Demon Gaze

Demon Gaze & DR2.

Easy answer.

Danganronpa 2 and Akiba's Trip

Danganronpa 2
Demon Gaze

I'm leaning to Akiba's and DR2 right now, but I want Sorcery Saga as well since I like Azure Dreams and Shiren a lot. Thanks for the answers. Not a huge fan of DRPG.

SerTapTap

It was ~¥3000 on Japanese release, $14.99-$19.99 seems most likely. Totally worth it though, it's an awesome game.

$20 would be sweet. I don't mind digital only, but $30 for a shortish game (I think it's short? it's so incredibly hard to google) + digital only is a harder sale. And NISA somewhat rarely does sales, was surprised but glad to see Battle Princess on sale.

For comparison:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131562473&postcount=3557

FYI, Project Diva DLC have always been expensive.

Only time it wasn't was on Project Diva f, where the DLC were already in Project Diva F and had a pre-order bonus code for you to get the f version at half-price.

...dare I ask what "sexy pudding" is?

Sarcasm

So can some one explain exactly the features I get with PS+ in gamer terms? I get these pop ups when I started a game I just hit yes for everything....

So can some one explain exactly the features I get with PS+ in gamer terms? I get these pop ups when I started a game I just hit yes for everything....

Cloud saving, PS+ games, additional discounts during sales and PS4 online multiplayer would probably be the most important features.

SerTapTap

2 games per platform a month, or 72 games a year, and free access to all "claimed" games. Which is at least 24 games per platform but many are cross buy, Vita especially gets almost anything cross buy.

Automatic uploads for save data to the cloud (1GB of storage--usually more than enough)

Online play on PS4 (it's free on all other platforms)

Assorted discounts on PSN games, usually either at launch/preorder or during certain sales. Often roughly an extra 25% off

There's also some manner of auto downloads, I think PS3 only and on PS4 that's a free feature. And some exclusive Betas/demos but that's a pretty minor value-add IMO. If somehow none of "free games" "discounts" or "actually required for online play on PS4" grab you I'm sure you can live without it. IMO it's way worth it for the free games and discounts, and the online play requirement is just an unfortunate reality.

Top Bottom