• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

Sarcasm

2 games per platform a month, or 72 games a year, and free access to all "claimed" games. Which is at least 24 games per platform but many are cross buy, Vita especially gets almost anything cross buy.

Automatic uploads for save data to the cloud (1GB of storage--usually more than enough)

Online play on PS4 (it's free on all other platforms)

Assorted discounts on PSN games, usually either at launch/preorder or during certain sales. Often roughly an extra 25% off

There's also some manner of auto downloads, I think PS3 only and on PS4 that's a free feature. And some exclusive Betas/demos but that's a pretty minor value-add IMO. If somehow none of "free games" "discounts" or "actually required for online play on PS4" grab you I'm sure you can live without it. IMO it's way worth it for the free games and discounts, and the online play requirement is just an unfortunate reality.

How does auto download works or was that the downloading while I was playing something else?

2 games per platform a month..what? I just claimed all the October games..I am confused.

Tizoc

Any chance of a flash sale this weekend?
I need a pointless excuse to grab Gunbird 1 and experience MILF 2000

How was I able to get all of october than? Guess its the way it is setup?

Also is binding of isaac PS4....only?

aS someone posted already its on Vita as well.

wilflare

okay can someone explain this to me please?

I just got my Turtle Beach PS4 Chat Cable and I use it in the following way
ASTRO Mixamp Pro 2013 XBL Chat Output > TB PS4 Chat Cable > DS4
- I use a separate power source for the USB connection (not plugged to the PS4)

In this configuration, my voice commands work perfectly! everything gets detected without a hitch.

HOWEVER, if I were to NOT use the TB PS4 Chat Cable and plug the ASTRO USB directly to the PS4

my voice commands DO NOT work - and they do no get detected
My voice is heard on party chat though.

Can someone please explain to me what's going on? Is there something inherently wrong with my Mixamp? (it happens with my two Mixamps - one's a replacement)

SerTapTap

OH, derp, Unfinished Swan is on Vita already, thought it wasn't. Was going to play on PS4 anyway, but cool to see it released at the same time. Not sure why I thought it was hitting PS4 first.

How does auto download works or was that the downloading while I was playing something else?

2 games per platform a month..what? I just claimed all the October games..I am confused.

Auto download is different on each platform. With Vita and PS4 it's pretty much any time, on PS3 it will turn itself on once a day to check for stuff to download, because it's old HW without auto downloads built in mind. PS3 auto download is nice but...easily the least nice of the 3.

Yasumi

Banned
$20 would be sweet. I don't mind digital only, but $30 for a shortish game (I think it's short? it's so incredibly hard to google) + digital only is a harder sale.
I think it took me about 10-15 hours to get the true ending? And getting the platinum should add at least another 5 hours to that. It's a fairly difficult game.

SerTapTap

what about the trophies

There are pre-trophy games still on PSN I think, there are some digital only games without 'em actually. Not sure if it's now required by Sony or if they just dont' think releasing trophies games is worth it though.

Surely the Steam Release has cheevos though right? Would be a nice show of good faith to give PS3 a digital/achievement release too.

ecurbj

So Minecraft vita retail is just the box with a voucher, the dream is dead.

xXthSL8.gif

Wait Senran Kagura has DLC? Are they important or just cosmetics stuff?

There's two costume packs (cosmetic), a free Hairstyle pack (cosmetic), a free Halloween lingerie set (cosmetic), a set of balloons for accessories (cosmetic) and two new characters (Daidoji and Rin) with their own unique 5-mission stories (not cosmetic).

I bought the lot of it for about $18.50, and regret nothing.

joe2187

Banned
There's two costume packs (cosmetic), a free Hairstyle pack (cosmetic), a free Halloween lingerie set (cosmetic), a set of balloons for accessories (cosmetic) and two new characters (Daidoji and Rin) with their own unique 5-mission stories (not cosmetic).

The rival fights between Rin and Daidoji are hard as all fuck. Rin is some naruto levels of bullshit.

Bummer, since I imported the Limited Edition I won't be able to get these.

Thanks.

ZeroAKA

iHrxNA0wcrBYN.png

Game of the Month voting will end tonight (October 30) at 11:59 PDT. If you want to vote your favorite Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in the month of October, today is your last chance! You have one of two options: either PM me on GAF (which I would prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Format the PM as such:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)
Any incorrectly formatted PMs may be ignored. Good luck!

Expected to find the currently winning game here, didn't you? I guess you'll just have to wait a bit longer. ;)

daydream

Banned
Kinda weird that the PS4 version of Stealth Inc. is way cheaper than the Vita version (which amounts to almost 18€ with the two add-ons).

So for those more in the know about this sort of thing than me, I have a question. I've got my eye on a couple of PSP games on the Japanese PSN store, but the prices are a bit steep (the costly sum of a Jp PSN card doesn't help either - holy shit they're expensive!). Anyway, how often do sales of older platform games occur on the Japanese side of things? Is it every week or so like what we're accustomed to in Europe/the U.S., or do they not place as much emphasis on price cuts and that sort of thing?

Oh, and another question - why the fuck are Japanese codes so expensive?! Ten dollars for 500 yen... u wot?!

Occam

Question about Spelunky: I already bought the PS Vita version last year. It's supposed to be cross-buy, but when I navigate to the game in the PS4 online store and click download, it tells me that I'll get the PS+ version, which is only playable as long as I subscribe to PS+. Is that correct? Shouldn't I automatically get the permanent PS4 version since I purchased it outside of PS+? Do I need to wait until it's rotated out of the current selection and download it then?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So for those more in the know about this sort of thing than me, I have a question. I've got my eye on a couple of PSP games on the Japanese PSN store, but the prices are a bit steep (the costly sum of a Jp PSN card doesn't help either - holy shit they're expensive!). Anyway, how often do sales of older platform games occur on the Japanese side of things? Is it every week or so like what we're accustomed to in Europe/the U.S., or do they not place as much emphasis on price cuts and that sort of thing?

Oh, and another question - why the fuck are Japanese codes so expensive?! Ten dollars for 500 yen... u wot?!
There's usually a few publisher sales every month and PSP games average 1500 yen +/- 500 on sale.

As for cards you'll get the best rate here https://www.nippon-yasan.com/search...esc&search_query=network&submit_search=Search

VLiberty

Question about Spelunky: I already bought the PS Vita version last year. It's supposed to be cross-buy, but when I navigate to the game in the PS4 online store and click download, it tells me that I'll get the PS+ version, which is only playable as long as I subscribe to PS+. Is that correct? Shouldn't I automatically get the permanent PS4 version since I purchased it outside of PS+? Do I need to wait until it's rotated out of the current selection and download it then?
Have you checked if it's in your download list?It should be there already

Otherwise wait for next week.

Occam

Have you checked if it's in your download list?It should be there already

Otherwise wait for next week.

Thanks for the reply. The PS4 game is listed neither in my library on PS4 nor in my dowload list in the webstore (and neither is the PS3 version). Sounds like an oversight by Sony.

SerTapTap

Thanks for the reply. The PS4 game is listed neither in my library on PS4 nor in my dowload list in the webstore (and neither is the PS3 version). Sounds like an overdight by Sony.

You have to "buy" it for PS4 on the store but it will still be free. PS4 games with retroactive cross buy don't seem to automatically be added to library.

Oh right, the PS+ thing--just "buy" it even if it says PS+, once you download it should have no expiration. I had to do that too. I went through the PS4 store so if you're feeling paranoid do the same, but I'm pretty sure it'll give you the "real" version. They really need to streamline this though

There's usually a few publisher sales every month and PSP games average 1500 yen +/- 500 on sale.

As for cards you'll get the best rate here https://www.nippon-yasan.com/search...esc&search_query=network&submit_search=Search

Thanks a lot man. That site you linked to has better prices than the one I was looking at earlier, so that's very much appreciated.

The games in question are Boku no Natsuyasumi 2 and 4, which both cost 2263 yen each on the store right now. So am I understanding you correctly that if/when they do go on sale, they'll be 1500 at the most? Anyway, I don't mind waiting a good while for a sale to happen since the coming months are stacked, but I would like to buy these games eventually. I'd just rather buy a 3000 yen PSN card and not a 5000 one!

Cha

Just jumped in to the Unfinished Swan for a little while. It's so clean and beautiful. Only at Chapter 3, but loving it so far. It runs very smoothly, and looks fantastic. Not sure if it's native res or not. Here's a screen. Gonna post more in the screenshot thread.

Seems that SAO Lost Song will be getting a better translation this time around. Just waiting for the official NA/EU announcement now...

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/2...g-producer-expect-better-english-translation/

Relevant to that, I posted this but it ended up as the last post of the previous page

I feel like the US really should get a physical version. Looking at the amount of ratings that HF got on PSN, which is much higher than many other games there should tell them as much.

MQX

^http://www.4gamer.net/games/277/G027742/20141030005/

Was at work, 4gamer was blocked.

Edit: Corpse Party Blood Drive has a custom theme on the store..
Ah thanks :D.

Looks really nice :O. Too bad the West doesn't get this LE too :(.

Does anybody know if BlazBlue Chronophantasma and XBlaze will come to Europe? I could import the first one but i fear I will lose the DLC.
I assume that you're asking about the Vita version(both of these games).
If so:
Short answer:
YSkNTAx.gif

Long answer:
It was never announced for Europe. And I have a feeling that Arc System Works doesn't want to release the Vita version(s) :/ (Arc System Works are like Atlus. They don't "like" Europe :/).

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I assume that you're asking about the Vita version(both of these games).
If so:
Short answer:
YSkNTAx.gif

Long answer:
It was never announced for Europe. And I have a feeling that Arc System Works doesn't want to release the Vita version(s) :/ (Arc System Works are like Atlus. They don't "like" Europe :/).
Not formally, but it has been rated by various PAL rating boards for Vita... so they are up to something. Chronophantasma Vita that is.
asw "europe" fucking sucks, why are they unable to release some games (guilty gear whatever for vita) and why only in half of europe (not interested but it pisses me off that i can't buy their games)

Top Bottom