• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Redhood

Can anyone who has Freedom wars theme take screenshots of the wallpapers by moving one icon around. That way we can atleast have the wallpapers with some minor editing. Same goes for danganronpa.

16047842044_3f7ecf4334_z.jpg

16668785911_8132b28946_z.jpg

Edit: TOTP: Buy Hatsune Mike PDF 2nd.

Looks great. wasn't too interested in this one, but it looks fun. It's kinda dull/low contrast though. Or is that just the way it's captured + youtube compression?

It was captured with a modded Vita, so it's probably a mix of meh output quality, YouTube compression and good ol' Vita graphics.

Shizuka

After the patch released on Tuesday, Deadman's Cross is as broken as ever. The game crashes up to five times per day as I'm playing. Square-Enix, just let me play your game.

Cha

It was captured with a modded Vita, so it's probably a mix of meh output quality, YouTube compression and good ol' Vita graphics.

I see. I'm contemplating getting my Vita modded for capture. Even though I could just do it with PSTV, that IQ drop of the mod is a small price to pay for being able to capture ANY Vita game that you want. The actual cost of that mod is a much bigger price though :p

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
*reads of people enjoying Monster Monpiece and Valhalla Knights 3*
When will people learn to listen to me?(lol)

I forgot to look when the promo was going on, but for those people who spent $100 within the time frame to get $15, did they say approx when codes for the $15 would be sent?

VLiberty

Ha! For once I didn't forget to vote. My vote went to K&F - only feb game I've played (and the only one I was interested in btw

RK128

I only played Noire for a day or two so I don't feel entitled enough to vote lol

I didn't beat Kick and Fennick either (I did play it across a few days though), so don't feel bad for voting for Noire :). If it has been the best thing you played this month, then vote for it then :).

jvm

Gamasutra.
Oh look at the date! You know what it's time for?

New thread please!

Hidden, for the squeamish. http://imgur.com/S2XhKmo

How y'all can have the game preferences you have and get bothered by that image, I will never understand. But, hey, enjoy.

Edit: As if to make my point for me... Look at the post just above. Seriously.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't like JRPG's. Can anyone here honestly recommend P4G despite that? I'm really, really close to just saying fuck it and buying it out of curiosity while it's still on sale. I'd really appreciate some honest opinions here.

I don't like JRPG's. Can anyone here honestly recommend P4G despite that? I'm really, really close to just saying fuck it and buying it out of curiosity while it's still on sale. I'd really appreciate some honest opinions here.

Could you list some things you don't like about JRPGs? Not all elements are in all games. That would make it easier.

EDIT: I think asking for a new thread every month in red bold letters is more annoying than both pictures combined. It's not like we would forget.

Tizoc

You played Ys at least right? Cuz that's Action RPG, and then there's Brandish which is an Adventure/Dungeon Crawler game with emphasis on exploring, dodging traps and some puzzle elements.

Also I thought you were Flandy from your avatar :V

Surprisingly, no we don't. Despite appearances, this isn't a PSV thread. And I say that as someone who's been playing the PSV more than any other platform.

Yeah we don't have to, but we like to. The rest of your post really has nothing to do with it. It's not our fault that the PSV thread was closed.

Renpatsu

I feel like it depends on what aspects you dislike about JRPGs before anyone can say with any certainty. In addition do you have any history with Visual Novels?

So much of what makes P4G a great game is the writing and characterisation of the cast, a confident design aesthetic, a memorable soundtrack, and its ability to weave into the story the gameplay elements of life management games that isn't jarring and out of place in a JRPG.

Edit: I also like P4G as much as the next guy, but I found the battle system and randomly generated dungeons to be rather rote in comparison to other games in the genre (even within its own series) in my opinion. So there's that I guess.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I feel like it depends on what aspects you dislike about JRPGs before anyone can say with any certainty. In addition do you have any history with Visual Novels?

So much of what makes P4G a great game is the writing and characterisation of the cast, a confident design aesthetic, a memorable soundtrack, and its ability to weave into the story the gameplay elements of life management games that isn't jarring and out of place in a JRPG.

Edit: I also like P4G as much as the next guy, but I found the battle system and randomly generated dungeons to be rather rote in comparison to other games in the genre (even within its own series) in my opinion. So there's that I guess.
I love visual novels.

Maid

Banned
Surprisingly, no we don't. Despite appearances, this isn't a PSV thread. And I say that as someone who's been playing the PSV more than any other platform.

I don't see what's wrong with people talking about the 64GB memory card in PSN thread. It's not like it's that hard to ignore such posts.

Grinding, lots of padding, random battles, ridiculously high numbers, taking too long to get going in general.

I don't think you will like P4G unless you really like (japanese) characters and story.
While it doesn't technically have grinding and random battles, you do fight a lot of trash mobs in randomly generated dungeons. I also wouldn't say there is padding, but the story is certainly not fast-paced since you also go through a daily routine like going to school and hanging out with friends. It's a looong game. The numbers are reasonably low though :p

I'd still suggest you try it out because who knows, you might still like it, but maybe get a used or cheap physical copy that you could get rid of again without losing too much money.
I love visual novels.
Well this could change things. About 1/3 of the game is basically a visual novel with good characters and very personal stories. You can play the game on easy which gives you 4x EXP and money which eliminates a lot of the combat.

Redhood

We have a PS4 gif too. It just doesn't get posted more often.
This is a stealth vitaGAF thread.

Renpatsu

I love visual novels.
In which case I think you would absolutely appreciate the strengths of P4G. With what I said about the battle system I think the game on its normal difficulty is easy enough for those who're more inclined towards enjoying JRPG battle systems, but the option is there to lower the difficulty if you only really want to appreciate the story.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
In which case I think you would absolutely appreciate the strengths of P4G. With what I said about the battle system I think the game on its normal difficulty is easy enough for those who're more inclined towards enjoying JRPG battle systems, but the option is there to lower the difficulty if you only really want to appreciate the story.
Can you raise or lower he difficulty at any point midway through?

Redhood

I bought tales of hearts r. I think the game forgot about something know as lighting. Its too flat. Also some cutscenes are letterboxed and some are not. The combat is good. I think I can have some fun with this one.

Anything else on the sale worth buying? Been thinking of Alterlier Rorona but already have totori and rarely played it. My party kept getting knocked out by squirrel barrels and I raged quit that one.

We're not very stealthy though

Shh the mods don't know that.
Just discussing some PS4 here nothing more.

Renpatsu

Can you raise or lower he difficulty at any point midway through?
For the first time I believe changing difficulties is locked so you have to make a choice at the beginning (someone please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been awhile).
In New Game Plus you can just change that setting in the options at any point during the game.

Also of note is that battles are initiated by running into enemies roaming around the dungeon so you can avoid most battles by simply stealthing/running around them.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
For the first time I believe changing difficulties is locked so you have to make a choice at the beginning (someone please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been awhile).
In New Game Plus you can just change that setting in the options at any point during the game.

Also of note is that battles are initiated by running into enemies roaming around the dungeon so you can avoid most battles by simply stealthing/running around them.
That's lame. Yeah in that case I definitely better start on easy.

RK128

I bought tales of hearts r. I think the game forgot about something know as lighting. Its too flat. Also some cutscenes are letterboxed and some are not. The combat is good. I think I can have some fun with this one.

Anything else on the sale worth buying? Been thinking of Alterlier Rorona but already have totori and rarely played it. My party kept getting knocked out by squirrel barrels and I raged quit that one.

Jak Collection while a sub-par port, still has perfectly playable versions of Jak 1 and 2 (and both are fantastic games, though the latter is very....ugh with its difficulty). Jet Set Radio is a perfect port of the PS3 version and the added touch controls function well enough. Ben 10 Racing is a okay kart racer, with a high frame rate and somewhat fun gameplay :). Nepuna Rebirth 1 looks to be good, as other Gaffers gave that a lot of praise (see TapTap's response to the game for a better explanation of it; should be a page or two back). SAO is a very good game, as it is a lot of fun, filled with content, and has a great combat system; for 16 bucks, you are getting a game with tons of content :D.

Hope this helps :).

autoduelist

As someone who doesn't like P4G at all due to it's VN influences, I'd say if you like them you should jump in. It's SMT lite in all other regards, though.

If anyone's interested in PlayStation Vita Helldivers gameplay, my good friend Tyler has some for you to check out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP0z2be6Y9k

Are those non-existent enemy death animations due to the weapon being used? The game looks right up my alley but something looks a bit off there.

WTH Monpiece? Why is it when I level up a card, the attack and HP drop? That's now how leveling up works!

Pay attention and use the secondary skills -- they can often boost your offense/defense in other significant ways.

Oh, hey, chapter 3 of Monpiece!

Aaand all the enemies are handing me my ass.

How do I card game? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MM AI is easily exploitable.

However, the major issue at the first 'difficultly spike' is merely that the AI will start off with one high powered card and (often) some sort of resource generator card.

You have two options here --
1) use fodder to slow down the powerful enemy as you build up the ability to drop a high ranking card. Since it's usually just that first powerful card, even though you'll be losing all the fodder you should be able to overcome the rest of the enemies once you kill it assuming a well built deck.

2) Even easier, just ignore that first card and let it hit your base. Use the resources to dominate other rows.

The AI can only overwhelm you at the beginning because it'll drop such high ranking cards right at the start. It is terrible at defense and only does an effective counter by complete accident. Once you have even an inkling of a foothold, you should win. So establishing that initial foothold is what you need to do.

Unlike some others here, i used boost troops quite a bit, though they're easily replacable with heal troops if your frontline has high hp. I had a couple archers, but really, my main goal was heavy melee troops constantly pushing the frontline. The ai simply can't answer (unless it has a deck significantly better than yours, obviously, in which case it wins because there is nothing you can do).

Redhood

Jak Collection while a sub-par port, still has perfectly playable versions of Jak 1 and 2 (and both are fantastic games, though the latter is very....ugh with its difficulty). Jet Set Radio is a perfect port of the PS3 version and the added touch controls function well enough. Ben 10 Racing is a okay kart racer, with a high frame rate and somewhat fun gameplay :). Nepuna Rebirth 1 looks to be good, as other Gaffers gave that a lot of praise (see TapTap's response to the game for a better explanation of it; should be a page or two back). SAO is a very good game, as it is a lot of fun, filled with content, and has a great combat system; for 16 bucks, you are getting a game with tons of content :D.

Hope this helps :).

I already own most of those. lol. Bolded the ones. I have only finished Jak 1 from the collection. In Jak 2 I am stuck at a driving section. I cannot seem to complete it. I finally gave up. Jet set radio looks good , has a steady frame rate but man those controls. SAO played only a bit and I really like it. It is being kept in backlog as I will play it when I will move to a place in the middle of desert without internet.
Hmm I can look at neptunia.

Tizoc

Do you have Dracula X chronicles?

Are those non-existent enemy death animations due to the weapon being used? The game looks right up my alley but something looks a bit off there.

I have no idea.

-

In other news, lol @ the hating of the images - and especially at the "Despite appearances, this isn't a PSV thread" bit.

Who're you kidding? This thread is 95% Vita, and seeing as how Vita can't have its own thread it's likely to stay that way.

Top Bottom