• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

ZeroAKA

ioLaEmsVLudNj.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to Vita, PS4, and PS3, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

ibbacOBIRJoBQD.png

February 3
  • Apotheon (PS4)
  • Criminal Girls: Invite Only (Vita)
  • Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series - Episode 2 (PS4, PS3)
  • Kick & Fennick (Vita)
  • King Oddball (PS3)
  • Reel Fishing: Master's Challenge (Vita)
  • Risk (PS4)
  • SpongeBob HeroPants (Vita)
  • World Hunter (PS3)
February 10
  • AeternoBlade (Vita)
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PS3)
  • Evolve (PS4)
  • Hyper Void (PS3)
  • Jungle Rumble: Freedom, Happiness, and Bananas (Vita)
  • Minutes (PS4, Vita)
  • Soul Sacrifice Super Stardust Ultra (PS4)
  • Unmechanical: Extended Edition (PS4, PS3, Vita)
February 17
  • Deadman's Cross (Vita)
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (PS4)
  • Hand of Fate (PS4)
  • Paparazzi (PS4)
  • Pillar (PS4)
  • Q*Bert Rebooted (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Treasures of Montezuma: Arena (PS3)
  • Trivial Pursuit Live! (PS4, PS3)
February 20
  • The Order 1886 (PS4)
February 24
  • Desert Ashes (Vita)
  • Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse (PS4, PS3)
  • Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires (PS4, PS3)
  • htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Fairy (Vita)
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita)
  • Limbo (PS4)
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 1 (PS4, PS3)
  • Rugby 15 (PS4, PS3)
  • Starwhal (PS4, PS3)
  • Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (PS3)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

iR7z1PS43GwsW.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Apotheon (PS4)
  • Kick & Fennick (Vita)
  • Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Thief (PS3)
  • Transistor (PS4)
  • Yakuza 4 (PS3)
    [*]Driveclub: PS+ Edition

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

After a close race, Atelier Ayesha Plus (Vita) won Game of the Month over Grim Fandango by just one vote. Here are the reasons why you should play Atelier Ayesha Plus, according to our forum members:
It's a brand new start for the Atelier series, it shows they've learned a lot and improved on lots of things people complained over the years. The Plus version feels at home on the Vita, while the art is [even more stunning] than ever before.
It's considered a big improvement over the previous trilogy in Atelier series and one of the most relaxing/cute RPGs out there.

i5tvtlBN4att3.png

Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!

ibv8tVs8qMxQF1.png

FIRST

I see I have plummeted in the wall of shame. Tap Tap is now the resident Otaku lord.

Oh, Brandish shouldn't won GOTM. RIP.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Thank you!

Also, I made the Wall of Shame® this month.

Speaking of shame:
After a close race, Atelier Ayesha Plus (Vita) won Game of the Month over Grim Fandango by just one vote.
Disappointed! :-( :-( :-(

RK128

Nice to be on the wall of shame once more XD! Glad I was more active here in January, so I hope I'm just as active here in February too :D.

Can't wait for the PS+ content (looking forward to playing Yakusa 4, Rogue Legacy and Kick & Fennick) while also looking forward to other stuff outside of the Vita (I know this is a Nintendo game....but I'm so excited about Majoras Mask 3D :'); my all time favorite Zelda game :D).

Here's hoping for another great month for the Vita :D!

Nooooooo!!! Brandish lost! Atelier is fine too.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Gotta resub for + later this month, I have to pay school stuffs over gaming hobbies. That Yakuza will get my money later anyway.

ZeroAKA

By the way, the 4-way ties were between Ayesha, Brandish, Fat Princess, and Grim Fandango. I was rooting for Brandish.

Quoting from the last thread;

Here's what we know about February for Vita (in the West) IIRC;

• Kick & Fennick <Feb 3rd NA / 4th EU>
  • Criminal Girls: Invite Only <Feb 3rd NA / 6th EU>
  • Spongebob Heropants <Feb 3rd NA / Unknown EU>
  • Time Avenger <Feb 4th EU / 10th NA)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation <Feb 6th - EU>
  • Minutes <Feb 10th NA>
  • Rugby 15 <Feb 10th NA>
  • htoL #NiQ: The Firefly Diary <Feb 24th NA / 25th EU>
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart <Feb 24th NA / 27th EU>
  • Krinkle Krusher <February, sometime>
  • La Mulana EX - NA/EU <February, sometime>

And happy new thread day, guys!

Hikami

Ended up buying 5 games in January when I had decided to only buy one game a month this year.. oh man.

Let's see how this month goes.
Seems like I'll have to end up choosing between
  • htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Fairy (Vita)
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita)
Can't wait to play Rogue Legacy on my Vita though, love that game.
Ayesha deserves gotm

Actually found what might be the best PlayStation Mobile game ever. Behind You is a great stealth Metal Gear style game. Really should check it out if you are into stealth games. Super cheap.

PlayStation Mobile #5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNWFmoV9ADo

SM5O07S.jpg

Behind You - Metal Gear like Stealth Game - FUN!

y50aXND.jpg

Appli Archives Jaleco Argus & Field Combat - More Japanese mobile games.

3t6Px6Z.jpg

Ocean Craft Multiplayer - Underwater multiplayer Minecraft like game.

Shizuka

My GotM won and my quote was used, despite my poor english. I'm currently playing the game, couldn't be better for me.

SerTapTap

Wow I didn't even think I was posting that much

RIP Grim Fandango. FWIW I would have voted for that if I voted, which I don't

Shizuka

My February GotM will probably be Firefly Diary, even if it's only getting released at the end of the month.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really doubt I'm buying anything this month. Might finish Danganronpa 2 which I barely started in January.

First half of the year though the Wii U and 3DS are killing it. I'm putting down serious money over there. Second half might be PS4 time though, we'll see what Black Friday brings.

Vita though...I think I'm set. I'm just in a holding pattern waiting for deep sales on Brandish, Shinovi Versus, a couple of PS1 classics, and Grim Fandango.

I really doubt I'm buying anything this month. Might finish Danganronpa 2 which I barely started in January.

First half of the year though the Wii U and 3DS are killing it. I'm putting down serious money over there. Second half might be PS4 time though, we'll see what Black Friday brings.

Vita though...I think I'm set. I'm just in a holding pattern waiting for deep sales on Brandish, Shinovi Versus, a couple of PS1 classics, and Grim Fandango.

Yeah, I have firefly diary coming, but outside of that I will be holding my money.

pariah164

Wow, there's so much sodium in here about the GotM I feel my blood pressure raise.

This actually convinced me to buy Ayesha once I scrap together the extra cash. Thanks, VitaGAF.

Shizuka

Wow, there's so much sodium in here about the GotM I feel my blood pressure raise.

This actually convinced me to buy Ayesha once I scrap together the extra cash. Thanks, VitaGAF.

Go for it, Ayesha is a great game, maybe my second favorite Atelier title, right after Totori.

autoduelist

After a close race, Atelier Ayesha Plus (Vita) won Game of the Month over Grim Fandango by just one vote.

I actually would like to change my vote from Atelier to Grim Fandango to reverse this tragedy. Sorry everyone, but Grim really does need to win.

Actually found what might be the best PlayStation Mobile game ever. Behind You is a great stealth Metal Gear style game. Really should check it out if you are into stealth games. Super cheap.

Better than Tokyo Jungle? Hmm. I also really liked Adventure Bar Labyrinth (fwiw).

Yeah, I have firefly diary coming, but outside of that I will be holding my money.

I was gonna buy that, but then this month I also have the MH4U n3DS bundle with the game + Majora's Mask. Yeah I know I should give my Vita some love, but I just can't resist Monster Hunter (and I never played Majora, when it came out I was 5 and the mask freaked me out too much ahahaha).

If some surprise indie gets announced for this month, I will get that, else I'm saving my money for next month's Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters.

bobawesome

I'm starting to really miss my Vita 1000. It didn't constantly creak in my hands and the circle button didn't feel like it was going to break after a song in Project Diva f.

I thought I'd be happier with the lighter weight and lack of mura but I guess it was a "grass is greener" situation. :(

I will never be on the wall of shame. I don't have what it takes&#8482;

59-60 posts doesn't seem too hard to beat in a month.

I'm starting to really miss my Vita 1000. It didn't constantly creak in my hands and the circle button didn't feel like it was going to break after a song in Project Diva f.

I thought I'd be happier with the lighter weight and lack of mura but I guess it was a "grass is greener" situation. :(

59-60 posts doesn't seem too hard to beat in a month.

I think the creakiness varies pretty significantly from vita to vita. my old Khaki creaked way worse than my current blue.

Top Bottom