• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Zhao_Yun

what are you writing on? I haven't been on for a long time either

Writing about the Dokdo/Takeshima territorial dispute between South Korea and Japan (I am majoring in International Relations). My deadline is set for the end of the month so the end is near ;)

TTOP: Play FF Tactics: War of the Lions!

RK128

So, what games are you guys looking forward to the most this month?

For me, it has to be Rogue Legacy on the Vita :); the former is going to be 'free' with PS+ :D.

VLiberty

For me, it has to be Rogue Legacy and Shovel Knight on the Vita :); the former is going to be 'free' with PS+ while the latter is something I cannot wait to play :D.

What. Is SK slated to come this month?

Tizoc

I have no idea honestly :l; I only said that due to that IGN Podcast saying it has a very high chance of coming this month. Sorry if I mislead anyone :(.

Too late, unless you change your post, VitaGAF will hold it upon you like an executioner's ax.

Zhao_Yun

For me, it has to be Rogue Legacy on the Vita :); the former is going to be 'free' with PS+ :D.

Looking forward to finally play Transistor and Rogue Legacy thanks to Plus. Apotheon looks nice as well. In addition, I am really looking forward to the upcoming 2.51 patch of FFXIV because Triple Triad.

bobohoro

Haven't been on the wall of shame for a long time now. I blame it on my thesis :(

Mine's just starting. Will probably be an obstacle on my way to the wall of shame. :/

All the best for the finishing touches!

MH4U. I honestly don't think I will play much else this month.

Maybe if Brandish makes it this week, and if they keep it below 20€. Else I'm just gonna finish up most of my other stuff (Rune Factory 4, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Hyrule Warriors), play some Yakuza 4 this week and wait for the 13th.

DR2K

Banned
My 64gb finally came in. I put most of my vita, ps1, and psp games on and still have 20gb left. Feels foreign to have so much extra space on a vita.

Shinriji

So guys, I have an pre-order of Firefly Diary at NISA webstore but I changed my address recently. I'm trying to change the address on my pre-order, but I can't find how. Any sugestions?

autoduelist

Here are my thoughts on Rollers of the Realm that a few of us bought in the last sale. original post in 52 games in a year

I don't know, i got it in the same sale and kind of agree with the people recommending it. It's definitely -not- some great pinball experience (I have Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball for better 'pinball' experiences) but it is exactly what I expected it to be -- a sort of 'casual game' that mixes pinball and rpg elements.

I'm not done the game yet (maybe 3/5s done)... and yeah, I wish it was better, a total gem instead of just 'serviceable'... but I do have fun taking down enemies with the various characters so I can't complain too much. I also didn't expect this game to be anything more than a beat and delete, versus arcade and zen, which are permanent keepers, so I kept my expectations in check in regards to the pinball aspect.

Maid

Banned
I'd say I'm more interested in Hotaru no Nikki this month than NepReb2.

I changed it.....hope no one is mad at me :(.

QCsw1JC.jpg

Tizoc

I changed it.....hope no one is mad at me :(.

Too late, I already took a screenshot of it before you changed your post, so all of GAF will know who to blame when Shovel Knight does not release this month!
I'm just messin' with, take it easy~

So guys, I have an pre-order of Firefly Diary at NISA webstore but I changed my address recently. I'm trying to change the address on my pre-order, but I can't find how. Any sugestions?

Call or send them a message through their store. I get quicker customer service whenever I call them though.

Benedict

I don't know, i got it in the same sale and kind of agree with the people recommending it. It's definitely -not- some great pinball experience (I have Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball for better 'pinball' experiences) but it is exactly what I expected it to be -- a sort of 'casual game' that mixes pinball and rpg elements.

I'm not done the game yet (maybe 3/5s done)... and yeah, I wish it was better, a total gem instead of just 'serviceable'... but I do have fun taking down enemies with the various characters so I can't complain too much. I also didn't expect this game to be anything more than a beat and delete, versus arcade and zen, which are permanent keepers, so I kept my expectations in check in regards to the pinball aspect.

I expected some sense of satisfaction after playing and finishing the game. But it mostly caused me irritation and relief when I was done.
As I said, I have no desire returning to the game and its arena challenges.
But it's good we all have different taste.

ryseing

Looking forward to playing GoT: Ep 2 on Tuesday. You get quite lengthy episodes for the price you pay. Still, the animation and graphics leave a lot to be desired. The story and the branding is what's keeping me hooked.

We're going overseas. So I'm hyped just for that.

Also, it's a damned shame Life is Strange came out so late in January. Would have been my GOTM if I had finished it in January.

Seriously guys, it's really good.

Get it.

Please.

Zhao_Yun

Mine's just starting. Will probably be an obstacle on my way to the wall of shame. :/

All the best for the finishing touches!

Thank you!
Wish you all the best and a swift completion for yours as well!

I'm really excited to play both NISA's Vita titles for February.

Speaking about NISA. Didn't one of the editors of gematsu post on GAF that they are having a press event next week? Hoping for some Vita localization announcements.

Producer

nisa has held February press conferences for several years now. but i think its going to be later around the end of the month, i dont remember

Shizuka

As someone who purchased Shovel Knight for the Wii U, the game is nice, but it's not that great, at least it wasn't for me. I don't know if I'll buy it again for my Vita, but I don't think it's something fundamental or major for the platform, IMO.

salromano

Speaking about NISA. Didn't one of the editors of gematsu post on GAF that they are having a press event next week? Hoping for some Vita localization announcements.

Jah, that was me. Not next week, though. A little over three weeks from now.

They have a press event planned for mid next month (February 19) where they're promising their "biggest announcements yet."

I'm hoping for Danganronpa: Another Episode.

RK128

O_O...... I really hope the game does come out this month then XD!

I just made a mistake....so I'm sorry :(. I just listened to the IGN podcast and foolishly assumed the game would come out this month :l.

But man, Gaf will never cease to amaze me with the amount of great Gif's you guys make/find XD!.

I don't think I am buying anything this month at all, I was looking into the order but I'm going to wait for impressions on it to be honest.

As for the NISA news, wow if this is true, really hope they announce DR: AE.

Shizuka

And for the list:

New PlayStation Games This Week

Apotheon
PS4 — Digital
The Gods of Olympus have abandoned humanity, leaving you to perish without their benevolence. Take up arms against the Gods, climb Mount Olympus, and take their divine powers for yourself to ensure mankind’s survival! Apotheon is a fast and brutal 2D action game with a striking art style and heroic narrative based on Ancient Greek Mythology.

Criminal Girls: Invite Only
Vita — Digital, Retail
Welcome to Hell! As a Program Instructor, it’s your job to rehabilitate a special group of criminal girls so they can atone for their sins and return to the mortal world. Motivate the girls, defeat Convicts, and reach the top of the Hell Spire! Can you coach these girls to work together and make it to the very top?

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series Ep. 2: The Lost Lords
PS4, PS3 — Digital
Episode two of a six part episodic game series set in the world of HBO’s groundbreaking TV show. Dive into a realm of deadly politics, searing hot romances, loyalty, betrayal, and a healthy dose of magic.

Kick & Fennick
Vita — Digital
Kick & Fennick is a smooth and easygoing platform adventure about Kick, a little boy with a very big gun, and a small, flying robot named Fennick. Dare great heights, and time your jumps just right to accomplish incredible feats.

King Oddball
PS3 — Digital (Three-Way Cross Buy)
End the world with boulders! The King swings a boulder back and forth with his tongue and you get to release it by pressing a button. Time the release accurately and crush as many targets as possible with each boulder. Simple but addictive! Extra boulders are awarded for crushing three or more targets with a single throw.

Reel Fishing: Master’s Challenge
Vita — Digital
Natsume’s best-selling Reel Fishing series comes ashore in the biggest Reel Fishing game yet, Reel Fishing: Master’s Challenge! For a reason you can’t quite explain, you’ve been drawn back to the fishing lodge you used to visit as a kid with your dad. Once the novice watching your father fish, can you now take on the challenges put forth by your father, and become the Fishing Master yourself?

Risk
PS4 — Digital
Modern combat meets Risk — the classic game of global domination. Risk steps into the near future with modern armies. Using the 2010 rules as standard, Risk offers an exciting strategic experience. Direct the war from your high-tech control room, fighting on the classic map layout on 3D Deploy tanks, planes, and infantry.

SpongeBob HeroPants
Vita — Digital
Only a hero would dare to enter the world of SpongeBob’s cotton candy and rainbow filled mind! Play as fan-favorite characters in regular form or as heroes from the movie! You can even play as Plankton! Weave your way through obstacles and puzzles in popular settings from the movie, including Bikini Bottom!

World Hunter
PS3 — Digital
Experience the realism of international hunting with World Hunter. Pursue Bighorn Sheep, Whitetail Deer, doves and coyotes. Hunt Winter or Fall seasons in the rugged rocky mountains of New Mexico, the Canadian Rockies, and the exquisite Cordoba region of Argentina.

Demos and Betas

Aeternoblade — Vita Demo
Battlefield Hardline — PS4, PS3 Beta
King Oddball — PS3 Trial

Hmm do you think we will get a specific Disgaea 5 release date for the west announcement this early ?

I still need to finish 4, but I'd guess sometime next year.

Edit: Totally read that wrong. To answer your question, they might sometime after it releases in March.

January went by so fast. February being a short month will be even faster.

February is going to be a good month for my 3DS/n3DS, after that things are going to get extremely good for my Vita and future PS4.

Closest I could find. They might throw in leftover accessory sets or something.
http://slist.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0012190

My copy from AmiAmi came with the magazine, it's a cool art book. A shame I don't read Japanese haha

If there is an LE for DBFC, day one.

autoduelist

Risk has '2010' rules? I hope they didn't change much.

------

For anyone who was ever interested in 'Kilka Card Gods' and had no idea what it was...

It's basically Sudoku with cards -- you're given a set of cards (say, jacks through aces, depends on stage of game) and a grid that tells you where the denominations go, and spots are marked with suit.

There's a timer and 3 star grading system to make it slightly annoying/stressful -- just beating the board isn't enough, OCD dictates doing it in record time. There can also be challenges (like, place a certain card first or solve an entire column in sequence) for some levels. And then there are bosses that do things like block certain squares.

Art style is abhorrent in my opinion, but I'm sure someone likes it.

Feels like a web/ios game (probably is) and it also feels like someone just said 'hey, let's take a deck of cards and make a sudoku game out of it, come hell or high water'. And they did.

Avoid unless you really like sudoku games, and don't mind it being on a timer. I'm glad I finally picked it up for $1 and change to satisfy my curiousity, but i'm glad I didn't pay a penny more.

Another 'serviceable' game that doesn't actually try hard to excel at anything in particular.

Valkyria

Banned
Another month Vita GAF. I have been missing in action due to my new dreamcast and the collection I'm trying to create. Right now playing Skies of Arcadia.

Anyway maybe I'm gonna take a really close look to the Neptunia 2 remake on Vita, a friend of mine finished the original and loved it a month ago. It seems to be over the top and great fun for any of us with an extensive knowledge of the industry.

Top Bottom