• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

eFKac

Subscribed.

The Order hype for the month!

Edit. TOTP. Buy DriveClub if you haven't already. Best fun I've had with a racing game in a very long time!

bobawesome

I think the creakiness varies pretty significantly from vita to vita. my old Khaki creaked way worse than my current blue.

I guess I'm just not very lucky, then. I suppose I could pester customer support about this but maybe I'll learn to live with it.

You totally underestimate just how many viable posts I have in me in a month. Just ask Fish.

If I took viability into account I'd have next to no posts here.

You totally underestimate just how many viable posts I have in me in a month. Just ask Fish.

just say something snarky every time flandy or zero posts like I do. You'll be on the wall in no time flat.

I guess I'm just not very lucky, then. I suppose I could pester customer support about this but maybe I'll learn to live with it.
someone should try using a lubricant like for mechanical keyboards. I've been meaning to do it but since my current vita isn't all that creaky it's not really on my mind.

Hikami

Not sure if posted already/old news but..
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax up for pre-order on Amazon.
PS3
Vita

Hm, wasn't expecting the Vita version to be $30

autoduelist

Yeah the PS Mobile version of Tokyo Jungle worked but it was hard to not just want to play the PS3 version instead. I should try Adventure Bar Labyrinth.

It's very similar to Sorcery Saga, in that it's a roguelike where you start out at level 1 every dungeon but keep your weaponry/etc, so even if you leave the dungeon you can bum rush early levels because you're so powered. Oh, and it's similarly themed - going in for recipes or something like that. Deep levels have some rather difficult enemies and it's actually a bit harder than SS. Once you clear the game even harder dungeons open up. Definitely a nice time waster roguelike.

It's free, which is nice. There are things you can buy but I beat the game w/o paying anything.

bobawesome

Not sure if posted already/old news but..
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax up for pre-order on Amazon.
PS3
Vita

Hm, wasn't expecting the Vita version to be $30

I haven't heard too much about the game since it came out in Japan. Is it a solid fighter outside of the fanservice?

Maid

Banned
That Ayesha domination.

Subscribed.

The Order hype for the month!

Edit. TOTP. Buy DriveClub if you haven't already. Best fun I've had with a racing game in a very long time!

My DriveClub is arriving this month.

I haven't heard too much about the game since it came out in Japan. Is it a solid fighter outside of the fanservice?

It's not bad for a fighting game. The balancing needs some twisting, though. Freaking Kirino everywhere.
Worst girl is S-tier.

kevin1025

Banned
The Order: 1886 is so close now. Ultra excited for that one.

I promised myself to play more Playstation stuff this month, on PS4, PS3 and on Vita. Dying Light and Grim Fandango on PS4, finally going to play Beyond: Two Souls on PS3, and I might get around to Danganronpa after buying it during the sale a few weeks back. On top of PS+ offerings and The Order, this is going to be an awesome month.

Plus everyone getting the opportunity to play Yakuza 4 is always a good thing. Usually seeing a game I own physical or digitally on PS+ is a bummer, but seeing that game made me happy.

By the way, the 4-way ties were between Ayesha, Brandish, Fat Princess, and Grim Fandango. I was rooting for Brandish.

That's pretty interesting. Is it possible to see the final voting breakdown? Just curious since it seems things were really close.

I have to admit though, I thought Grim Fandango had this in the bag. Would've changed my vote from Fat Princess had I known. Ah well, Atelier isn't too bad.

My February GotM will probably be Firefly Diary, even if it's only getting released at the end of the month.

I'm thinking the same thing. Really looking forward to that game. Love the art style.

SerTapTap

My DriveClub is arriving this month.

I need to get back to that, but I'm soooo bad.
this weekend is all for catching up on indie PC game reviews though

It's not BAD, persay. Just.. a lot of RNG and hoping that the boss doesn't instantly kill you (they have to spend a turn charging their attack for those bigger moves)

Also, trophies

That's not encouraging. But my hoarderness made me buy an LE. Woo I guess. The actual combat graphics look cute. Maybe I'll just ignore the rest

deadfolk

For the record, these last few boss fights in Criminal Girls are on par with SMT random bullshit.

What, you mean like the random light/dark insta-kills?

Trying to decide this month between CG and The Order. There can be only one.

Really pleasantly surprised by Driveclub, by the way. Must get around to trying my own music. The only thing that annoys me so far is that there are some unlocks you need to be in a club to get.

Edit: sorry for double-post.

Benedict

Here are my thoughts on Rollers of the Realm that a few of us bought in the last sale. original post in 52 games in a year

12. Rollers of the Realm (PS Vita)
Finished February 1st
Had some high hopes about this game but knew that it might be not that great.
And good God what a boring mindless, skill-less game it is.
I am a big fan of pinball games, so the idea behind the game sound interesting but is never proven and is full of shortcomings.
The game takes a lot of what is bad about pinball and implements it in an adventure style progression.

The campaign is annoying but thankfully short.
After the campaign is over there are an arena where you can try to reach goals and beat highscores.
I Might try this game again on PS4 (cross-buy) to see if it's better there, but I doubt it.
I have no desire at all to try and get all trophies.
Thankful I bought it on a sale.
I can't recommend this game to anybody.
Please avoid and spend your money on something better.

eFKac

I've only recently discovered the absolute gaming magisty that is playing Driveclub listening to my own playlist, loaded from USB.

Yeah soon even easier, through Spotify! It's gonna be sweet, although I'm actually used to not hearing anything besides the engine sound :)

Adahn

So, what's new and different about Ayesha then? I thought it would pretty much be a rip of Meruru/Rorona's plus systems with the Ayesha story?

Benedict

New Just Cause 3 screenshots from a german PS4 magazine are up at gamespot forums
Looks wonderful & promising.

source: Steam January 2015 thread

VLiberty

OP, Unmechanical Vita has been canceled( :( ), and I'm fairly sure Aeternoblade is on Vita

This month I'm very curious to try K&F, and I hope there will be the usual surprise releases :D

Shinriji

Yep. It is a good game.I payed $70 day one, enjoyed it a lot and I'm very close to the plat. For $30 is a no brainer, really. The only game-breaking thing was the Alicia assist, but THANK GOD they fixed it in a patch.

bobawesome

It's not bad for a fighting game. The balancing needs some twisting, though. Freaking Kirino everywhere.
Worst girl is S-tier.

Absolutely disgusting.

Yep. It is a good game.I payed $70 day one, enjoyed it a lot and I'm very close to the plat. For $30 is a no brainer, really. The only game-breaking thing was the Alicia assist, but THANK GOD they fixed it in a patch.

Thanks guys, I'll keep an eye out for it when it comes over. It's been a while since I've played a decent fighting game. I've had my eye on Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!! (best subtitle ever) for a while but I may just wait for this.

Shinriji

Thanks guys, I'll keep an eye out for it when it comes over. It's been a while since I've played a decent fighting game. I've had my eye on Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!! (best subtitle ever) for a while but I may just wait for this.

IMHO DBFC > AC3LM!

No really, Sega made a incredible vita version of Dengeki Bunko. It is so good to see a vita fighter without the "now loading" screen and no dips on the framerate, even things get hectic. Arcana Heart 3 wasn't that lucky, with the constant loading for every single thing, PS1-style. Also Dengeki Bunko is more noob friendly, because they keep it simple. Of course, things go wild on a high level play, but for fun it is a very good game.

If anyone with the JP version want some matches going, add me: Shinriji

What are the best and cheapest places to buy/import (to Europe) a 32GB or 64GB Vita memory card again? I need to think about finally upgrading.

Maid

Banned
So, what's new and different about Ayesha then? I thought it would pretty much be a rip of Meruru/Rorona's plus systems with the Ayesha story?

Everything. Different world/lore, different characters, different crafting mechanic, different story, different monster designs even. Even the aesthetic changed.

It's February already?

Stop drinking, Flunkie.

bobawesome

IMHO DBFC > AC3LM!

No really, Sega made a incredible vita version of Dengeki Bunko. It is so good to see a vita fighter without the "now loading" screen and no dips on the framerate, even things get hectic. Arcana Heart 3 wasn't that lucky, with the constant loading for every single thing, PS1-style. Also Dengeki Bunko is more noob friendly, because they keep it simple. Of course, things go wild on a high level play, but for fun it is a very good game.

If anyone with the JP version want some matches going, add me: Shinriji

Watching some videos now and the game looks really good. If I wasn't already sold on the game you may have just done it.

I can't wait to throttle Kirito and Kirino.

Symphonia

Banned
Looking forward to playing GoT: Ep 2 on Tuesday. You get quite lengthy episodes for the price you pay. Still, the animation and graphics leave a lot to be desired. The story and the branding is what's keeping me hooked.

Adahn

Everything. Different world/lore, different characters, different crafting mechanic, different story, different monster designs even. Even the aesthetic changed.

Ah, right, ta. Might have to add it to the watch list then and try to jump onboard

Top Bottom