• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Shizuka

Steins;Gate is coming out anytime now, I can almost taste it.

hLDMbVG.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA no.

So what are the must-have PSM games to get before it shuts down?

Off the top of my head I already have
- Ten By Eight
- Gunhouse
- Rymsadnjfiesomething
- Tokyo Jungle Mobile
- Tuffy the Corgy and the Tower of Bones
- Super Crate Box

I heard lots of positive praise for Musync so I guess I should get that?

Thomas Hopper's games are mostly all good. I hope that guy moves to native Vita games.
http://tacsgames.com/

Life of Pixel
Rebel
Passing Time
Sixty Second Shooter Deluxe
Hermit Crab in Space
Switch Galaxy <- Don't get the native Vita version
Haunt the House: Terrortown
Cubixx

I am sure I missed some. Will post more later.

Wait what's wrong with the PSN native version?

The native Vita version of Switch Galaxy broke the basic gameplay of the original of going as fast as possible to going as slow as possible to collect things. Biggest disappointment of last year. That native version is also a lot more expensive.

All the other games that went from PS Mobile to Vita are much better in their native Vita version.

Massa

So how is the license check going to work now? Super Crate Box has to connect to Wi-Fi every once in a while, otherwise it won't launch. Is that requirement to be removed?

Yes, if you renew from some date starting in April it will give you a lifetime license.

Shizuka

On the PSBlog, it's been confirmed that Lost Dimension will be retail and digital, not to mention it'll also be PSTV-compatible. $40 is the price for either PS3 or Vita version.

bobawesome

Thanks for all the help, Ernesto! ...you prick.

Why even bother having Live Chat when it's obvious to anyone using it the agent wants to get off as fast as possible?

v1perz53

Steins;Gate is coming out anytime now, I can almost taste it.

Cannot wait. One of my top 5 favorite anime of all time, always meant to play the VN but I am kind of glad I waited long enough to be able to play it on Vita. Not sure if I would be able to play it any way other than the
Kurisu route (well true end ideally)
though, it is too ingrained in me.

Now if only Sekai would announce that they got full PSN approval and that Grisaia would be coming to Vita (and my kickstarter version could be that one) I would be so happy.

autoduelist

A lot of the best ones have already made the jump (Surge; OMG Zombies; Aqua Kitty; Rock Boshers etc.), but there are still quite a few missing that I think would do well to come across. Rymdkapsel in particular as an expanded game would be ace; and Tokyo Jungle Mobile I've heard is pretty robust.

I'm not gutted by the news of PSM shutting down because it never reached its true potential, but I do hope Sony can do something to support the devs who made the better stuff for it.

Rymdkapsel is an interesting RTS style game. I really enjoyed it.

Surge, Aqua Kitty, etc are better vita, as you mentioned.

HAHAHAHAHA no.

So what are the must-have PSM games to get before it shuts down?

Off the top of my head I already have
- Ten By Eight
- Gunhouse
- Rymsadnjfiesomething
- Tokyo Jungle Mobile
- Tuffy the Corgy and the Tower of Bones
- Super Crate Box

I heard lots of positive praise for Musync so I guess I should get that?

What about that recent Slime rpg some were talking about recently? i don't remember the name, but it was something simple like Slime rpg iirc.

Adventure Bar Labyrinth is a decent simplified roguelike. It plays a lot like Sorcery Saga w/ less emphasis on graphics. It's also harder, in a good way, and beating the first dungeon will unlock an endless one. it has dlc and is f2p, but i beat it w/o any dlc.

CrovaxPSO

Does the text stay on-screen until you press a button so you can take as long as you need to look it up? I'm nowhere near at that level yet, but if you can take your time to translate it might go on my list for much later.

Yes, the text stays until you press the button to advance it. There's also a log of all of the text and dialogue with the ability to replay the audio for voiced lines.

Thanks for this! I was indeed after impressions and now you've managed to both sell me on the game and convince me I didn't want it.

Everything I've imported so far has been VN-esque only briefly, with great chunks of gameplay in. While I don't properly understand the VN parts, the gameplay makes up for it.

I'd imagine it'd be the same here because the exploration parts you've described sound lovely, but it also sounds like there's a lot more VN sections than I'm used to...

Anyway, if you don't mind, please post impressions again at some point! I'm still interested in hearing about the game.

So far the intro has been by far the longest VN-only section. At the couple spots I stopped at, you get several lines about each screen before making your choice about where to go next. I haven't run into the first main character I met again yet so I don't know how long those sections will be.

It's definitely a hard sell on the "gameplay" alone since that's literally just watching a static image slowly move closer as you pick which direction to go or picking which path to take, but the imagery is beautiful and the soundtrack is great (definitely glad I stuck with wanting to get the sound selection CD). Also, the photography aspect is waaaay simplified. You just press up or down to "focus" the shot (a part of the fake camera UI lights up when it's focused) and then press O to take the picture, that's it.

Overall, it's very serene and I'm happy with my decision to get it even though I don't understand a lot of the text. I'll post again either after I've gone to several more stop off spots or reached the next bigger VN section.

VLiberty

Uh, PSM is dying... I guess the games I have on my HDD are safe?

EDIT: i wanted to get Beats slider since it's the only Futurlab game I'm missing and it's just 79c but I only have 66c. FU

Shizuka

There is something wrong with my PSTV and I need some help. I've been playing La-Mulana EX on my PSTV only and I've been uploading the trophies as I've been getting them. Somehow it's stuck on 21% outside my system (PSNProfiles, Playstation Trophies), but it's showing as 30% on my system, connected to the internet and uploading just fine.

SerTapTap

Uh, PSM is dying... I guess the games I have on my HDD are safe?

To be safe you'll probably want to put them on your Vita for the April license check then copy them back via Content Manager. If they're copied prior to the DRM killswitch I'm not sure they'll work after it's too late to checkup the DRM.

There is something wrong with my PSTV and I need some help. I've been playing La-Mulana EX on my PSTV only and I've been uploading the trophies as I've been getting them. Somehow it's stuck on 21% outside my system (PSNProfiles, Playstation Trophies), but it's showing as 30% on my system, connected to the internet and uploading just fine.

Are you using a real Playstation site or console to verify? PSN Profiles is always late, I didn't think Playstation Trophies kept track automatically at all. Sync on PS TV then your Vita manually and see if it's all good.

Shizuka

Are you using a real Playstation site or console to verify? PSN Profiles is always late, I didn't think Playstation Trophies kept track automatically at all. Sync on PS TV then your Vita manually and see if it's all good.

Yes, the real Playstation trophy. It's showing as 21%, like everywhere else but the console itself.

antibolo

Banned
Today I turned on my PSP and my memory card (a MicroSD card in a cheap adapter) was no longer detected. I had to eject it and put it back again for it to be read again.

This is pretty scary. I bought that adapter two months ago and this is the first time I've had a problem. Did anyone here ever had problems with Memory Stick to MicroSD adapters on a PSP?

Today I turned on my PSP and my memory card (a MicroSD card in a cheap adapter) was no longer detected. I had to eject it and put it back again for it to be read again.

This is pretty scary. I bought that adapter two months ago and this is the first time I've had a problem. Did anyone here ever had problems with Memory Stick to MicroSD adapters on a PSP?

Mine is sometimes a bit finicky, but usually once I eject and put it back in it's set for a good long while

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

antibolo

Banned
Mine is sometimes a bit finicky, but usually once I eject and put it back in it's set for a good long while

Doesn't that scare you about possible file corruption?

To be safe you'll probably want to put them on your Vita for the April license check then copy them back via Content Manager. If they're copied prior to the DRM killswitch I'm not sure they'll work after it's too late to checkup the DRM.

Do we actually know for sure that they'll make them still work after the shutdown?

EDIT: Nevermind http://www.*****************/2015/03/11/sony-finally-shutting-down-playstation-mobile/ (oops dualshockers is banned, anyway you get the idea)

Lost Dimension is getting a localized version this summer
http://gematsu.com/2015/03/lost-dimension-coming-west-summer

I KNEW, I CALLED IT. Summer is shaping up to be an awesome handheld season, with Operation Abyss, this,
God Eater 2
, etc.

Heh, I'll definitely buy this one though, I thought the concept was pretty damn cool when Gematsu did some coverage on it. Heard the story is whatever, but the gameplay is very akin to Valkyria Chronicles, and I can do with some of that in my life right now. Bring it Atlus!

Ventara

I regularly back up my PSP (basically whenever I install a new game from my computer) so that's not a big concern for me.

Everyone should do this. I learned the hard way. So many saves lost, including 70 hour playthroughs of Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Persona 3 where I was pretty much at the last chapter, and a save of Crisis Core that I sunk 100s of hours into trying to 100%.

Fucking hell, I can't buy anything on the Playstation Store for some reason. I get an error when trying to pay. (E-82000171).

Anyone else having the same problem? My friend has the exact same problem since yesterday. He had to buy a PSN card.

Tizoc

Fucking hell, I can't buy anything on the Playstation Store for some reason. I get an error when trying to pay. (E-82000171).

Anyone else having the same problem? My friend has the exact same problem since yesterday. He had to buy a PSN card.

Are you and your friend using the webstore?

Top Bottom