• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Since they changed over to SEN: where do we see when PS+ expires?
There's several options. You can either visit the old Qriocity site/new SEN site then click the Media tab and browse your download list until you find the PS+ service. You'll probably have to go back several pages until you find the service since it's listed under the date you activated it.

20120223-xcaqn6pfkuj8gud2r48recmh2n.jpg

Alternatively you can boot up your PS3 -> select a PS+ game you have on your system -> Triangle -> Information -> Expiration date. Or you can go to the PSN icon in the XMB after signing in -> Account Management -> Transaction Management -> Services.

Spocker

Just a fair warning to you all, that this service is a possible scam as indicated by this thread.

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37439656#37439656

There are plenty of us in Europe still affected by this bug/scam. I posted some info earlier in the thread, and there are several of us posting on the eu playstation forums about it.

All our free games from before the PSN outage and up to the 70 free days has expired. This seems to be because we renewed manually during those free days.

All games has the blue shopping bag in the store noting that we've previously downloaded it, but no longer have access to them, even though we've never let the subscription expire.

More info in post 1786 and here: http://community.eu.playstation.com...ugh-renewed-within-subscription/td-p/13597079

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I really want to see some Vita + deals

Yes, even if small discounts.

I bought a year of plus yesterday mainly due to how much I spend on PSN. I have capped my PSN funds 3 times in the last 3 weeks. I haven't let it go below 120 yet but I think I'm set at the cap of 150 USD right now.

With the upcoming sales and potential freebies on Vita stuff, I'm pretty confident about this.

Another cool thing I noticed when I resub'd is that plus added 55 games to my list of stuff. Some of it I didn't even buy and that's not even counting DLC and free themes/avatars. I did grab FFV before they took it off for plussies.

I really didn't buy plus for PS3 games, oddly enough. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting Tactics Ogre for 10 and future PSP sales or anything Vita for us plus members.

Baron

I really didn't buy plus for PS3 games, oddly enough. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting Tactics Ogre for 10 and future PSP sales or anything Vita for us plus members.

I know it's the UMD and not a download, but Tactics Ogre is $10 new in a couple places right now.

There are plenty of us in Europe still affected by this bug/scam. I posted some info earlier in the thread, and there are several of us posting on the eu playstation forums about it.

All our free games from before the PSN outage and up to the 70 free days has expired. This seems to be because we renewed manually during those free days.

All games has the blue shopping bag in the store noting that we've previously downloaded it, but no longer have access to them, even though we've never let the subscription expire.

More info in post 1786 and here: http://community.eu.playstation.com...ugh-renewed-within-subscription/td-p/13597079

mh, from that thread:

Unless otherwise notified at the time of download, your ongoing rights to access and use PlayStation®Plus Elements after your Subscription Period expires are as set out below:

Type 1. You will still be able to access and use the following PlayStation®Plus Elements after your Subscription Period expires, provided that you downloaded them before expiry:

Premium avatars
Premium themes
Game add-ons

Type 2. You will no longer be able to access and use the following PlayStation®Plus Elements after your Subscription Period expires, even if you downloaded them before expiry:

PlayStation®Network games
PS one® games
minis
Premium game elements

If you do not renew your subscription immediately at the end of each Subscription Period, but later renew your subscription, you may lose your rights to access any Type 2 PlayStation®Plus Elements.

I thought that was sorted out? Or is it now really a different policy between SCEA and SCEE?
I don't like that at all. Mine will run out this summer or so, might just not bother renewing if I'm basically forced to keep it running. I would be motivated to renew after some months or whatever knowing I get all those games back.

Spocker

The worst thing about the whole "expired games" issue is that no mod/Sony representative has bothered posting in the thread for nearly five months.
And when you pm/twitter them they just state that they're waiting for feedback.

They seem to actively be hiding the issue as well. The thread was up in the "latest" info field on the UK Playstation Plus info page earlier today, but is now missing, even though it's the most active PS+ thread on the forums.

Derrick01

Banned
Sooo when does Sony plan on revealing next month's stuff? They're kind of running out of time.

Or do they always do this and I'm just now noticing it?

GeoramA

I can see PS+ deals for Vita happening, but probably when its library is a little more robust.

If they started this month, I'd get one right now instead of waiting until June.

Joni

If there is a Vita deal, I expect it on a game that hasn't been released yet. For instance a reduction on Unit 13 instead of Everybody's Golf. It would be a good way to get Vita users sold on Plus.

zulux21

Nice, we get to play Journey early. No March preview yet for PS Plus though.

hopefully it comes on monday or tuesday before the store updates.
at the very least we know plus gets journey a week early and will have discounts on all of the winners of the voting for last week.

come on xenogears for $4.99

Field

I have a question about full game trial. If I decide to buy a game after playing the 60 minute trial do I only have to download a small unlock file or do I have to download the whole game again?

Jhriad

Can anyone tell me if the cloud save will have grabbed my old saves for games that I played before I got PS+ and as such were before I had to answer the prompt. My PS3 of almost 5 years got the dreaded YLOD last night so I was curious.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have a question about full game trial. If I decide to buy a game after playing the 60 minute trial do I only have to download a small unlock file or do I have to download the whole game again?

The trial is basically the whole game.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Can anyone tell me if the cloud save will have grabbed my old saves for games that I played before I got PS+ and as such were before I had to answer the prompt. My PS3 of almost 5 years got the dreaded YLOD last night so I was curious.
Unless you uploaded them yourself or the system asked you to do so and you said yes then they weren't uploaded.

Labadal

My subscription ends this may and I want to renew. Should I renew now? It simply adds another year to my existing sub, right? I'm asking because I've read stuff in here that has me worried that my stuff will get messed up.

Fuzzy

My subscription ends this may and I want to renew. Should I renew now? It simply adds another year to my existing sub, right? I'm asking because I've read stuff in here that has me worried that my stuff will get messed up.
Yeah it just adds the 12 months to the end of your current subscription. I'm pretty sure the only people who have had problems are Europeans.

Labadal

Yeah it just adds the 12 months to the end of your current subscription. I'm pretty sure the only people who have had problems are Europeans.

I'm European. :p

I'll wait a little while longer to find a good deal. Hopefully they do one of those 12 (+3 free) month deals. I regret not getting 2-3 years right away.

Massa

Yeah you even get trophies for them, which I'm not sure that I like. It pretty much means I won't try a game unless I know I'll buy/rent it later. I hate seeing those 0%-5% games on my list.

Those trophies are only supposed to be on your local PS3, they don't get synched to PSN unless you buy the game.

Fuzzy

I'm UK based, stacked my subscriptions no problem.
The problems that some Euros have experienced isn't stacking them, it's letting their subscription expire then when they renew they don't get their previously free content back. No NA people have gotten that problem as far as I know.

Those trophies are only supposed to be on your local PS3, they don't get synched to PSN unless you buy the game.
Some of us don't want to see those at all and it's why we don't bother with the full game trials.

Spocker

The problems that some Euros have experienced isn't stacking them, it's letting their subscription expire then when they renew they don't get their previously free content back. No NA people have gotten that problem as far as I know.

You're wrong here, the problem is that we've renewed manually BEFORE the subscription ended, but it somehow counted as a new one instead. This led to our old content not getting a new end date, and was deleted from our download lists when their time went out.

Fuzzy

You're wrong here, the problem is that we've renewed manually BEFORE the subscription ended, but it somehow counted as a new one instead. This led to our old content not getting a new end date, and was deleted from our download lists when their time went out.
Seriously? That really sucks for you guys. I guess you could avoid that problem by quickly starting each of the games before the old expiry date so that it updates them to the new expiry date. It would be a pain in the ass though.

Spocker

Seriously? That really sucks for you guys. I guess you could avoid that problem by quickly starting each of the games before the old expiry date so that it updates them to the new expiry date. It would be a pain in the ass though.

I don't think that would have helped either, I'm sure I played at least one of the old games after buying the renewal, Castle Crashers for example, but they all expired when the free 70 days from the PSN outage stopped being in effect.

Baron

No word on the PS Blog yet about the March Plus content. I can't believe that it's the 5th of the month and there still hasn't been a peep about it. I am now going to go on the internet and complain!

jvm

Gamasutra.
No word on the PS Blog yet about the March Plus content. I can't believe that it's the 5th of the month and there still hasn't been a peep about it. I am now going to go on the internet and complain!
When you've posted your complaint on the internets, please link back to it here.

Derrick01

Banned

Well they weren't going to update the blog at 7 am :p

I'm hoping for the reveal sometime today though.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...cess-free-sly-cooper-street-fighter-and-more/

6947851961_50a31151d0_z.jpg

Exclusive:
Early Access – Journey – 3/6 ($14.99)

Free Games:
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus – 3/6
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix – 3/6

minis:
Bermuda Triangle – 3/6
PS one Classics: Um Jammer Lammy

Full Game Trials:
Mass Effect 3 – 3/6
Tom Clancy’S H.A.W.X 2 – 3/6
James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game – 3/13
Phineas And Ferb: Across The Second Dimension – 3/13

Media:
Qore Episode 45 – March – 3/6

Free Avatars and Themes:
Cool Cat – 3/13
Stick Up Kid – 3/13
Top Dawg – 3/13
Mexican Skulls Dynamic Theme – 3/13
Journey Dynamic Theme – 3/20

Discounts:

MotorStorm RC – 3/6 (PS Plus Price: $7.49)

Bioshock 2 – 3/13 (PS Plus Price: $14.99)

Bioshock 2 Complete Pack – 3/13 (PS Plus Price: $20.99)

Phineas And Ferb: Across The Second Dimension – 3/13 (PS Plus Price: $31.99)

PlayStation Store Events – More With Plus:
Gamers’ Choice Awards – 50% off on Winners – 3/6
Spring Fever Event – 3/13 – 4/3

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lol at Motorstorm RC being mentioned. Guess the Scion thing was last minute or something.

Shame I already platinumed all the Sly Cooper games too. Oh well.

Week early Journey is good enough for me for the month.

Audioboxer

Anyone know if EU will get Sly?

Finding the Sly Collection on disc here in the UK is proving hard - It's £19.99 on PSN, but I prefer owning the disc.

Derrick01

Banned
Ouch those are some pretty stinky deals. I guess they're relying on the fans to pick all the good deals with that PSN contest.

And such is my luck that the free "ps3" game they pick is one of the 5 or so that I own. If only they gave the whole collection so I could trade in the disc versions :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom