• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already own the sly collection but that's awesome for people who dont. It's a great game everyone should play (and an easy platinum haha).

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I can see PS+ deals for Vita happening, but probably when its library is a little more robust.
Deals for Vita don't necessarily have to only mean Vita games. Giving away a Vita-compatible full PSP game every month would be a great PS+ perk for Vita owners.

Carl

You wouldn't have bought it just because it came out a few weeks later than expected?

No, i wasn't going to buy it because i have other things to spend money on now. If it had been on time i would have bought it day one.

Audίoboxer;35741844 said:
At a decent price :p Not a good price at £25. It's been as low at £15-17.

Maybe it has, but if they have no stock anymore that doesn't mean anything :p

Owzers

I already own the sly collection but that's awesome for people who dont. It's a great game everyone should play (and an easy platinum haha).

I'm still riding high from the killzone 3 multi discount, but this is the problem with services like that where you pay upfront, discounts and free games on things i already have.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Deals for Vita don't necessarily have to only mean Vita games. Giving away a Vita-compatible full PSP game every month would be a great PS+ perk for Vita owners.

Yeah, some deals on PSP games would definitely be acceptable, especially since so many PSP games are wrongly priced.

Nice month for Plussers though. 50% of Dissidia tomorrow is gonna be nice.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah, some deals on PSP games would definitely be acceptable, especially since so many PSP games are wrongly priced.

You mean Tactics Ogre, right?

Who am I kidding :(

SickBoy

Wow. I might need to clean my fridge. EDIT: Sly looks like Sly 1 only. Guess I'll keep the disc version :)

Love Lammy, too... except for the diva stage...

Number45

Have we had any full price PSP games for free on PS+? Lots of minis and PS1 obviously but I don't recall much on the PSP. :/

No, i wasn't going to buy it because i have other things to spend money on now. If it had been on time i would have bought it day one.
Fair enough. There really should be a wishlist on the store, it's so difficult keeping track of everything that I like the look of. :/

Does anyone else ever feel chessed off with their being no option to buy the 100% discount games. I want to own Trine 2 PERMENANTLY but because I'm on + I'm prevented from taking advantage of the 30% off (BUT YOU GET IT FOREVER).

Derrick01

Banned
Does anyone else ever feel chessed off with their being no option to buy the 100% discount games. I want to own Trine 2 PERMENANTLY but because I'm on + I'm prevented from taking advantage of the 30% off (BUT YOU GET IT FOREVER).

It depends on the games they offer. Like with Back to the Future and Tomb Raider Underworld a couple of months ago...once I get all of the trophies I'll probably never play them again so I'll just delete them anyway.

It would be nice to offer some form of a payment option to those who really want to own it. If they struck a deal with the publisher to offer it for free I'm sure the publisher won't refuse if Sony made a 50%-75% option to those who want to buy it. I never heard of someone who didn't want money lol.

scy

So since the Plus benefits change over tomorrow, if I were to sign up for PS+ today, would I still get in on February's discounts? Seems like an obvious answer sort of thing but stuck at work and just curious :x

GeoramA

So since the Plus benefits change over tomorrow, if I were to sign up for PS+ today, would I still get in on February's discounts? Seems like an obvious answer sort of thing but stuck at work and just curious :x
Yes you would. But you wouldn't get Far Cry 2 since it was free for only a week.

Madridy

What are the chances that they'll give PS+ users the other Sly games in the coming weeks/months?

I'm wondering whether I should buy the Sly Collection if it wins tomorrow, or just take my chances and wait for the rest of the Collection to be free for PS+ users.

scy

Yes you would. But you wouldn't get Far Cry 2 since it was free for only a week.

That's fine. Picked up a Vita and figured since I'll be downloading a bunch of things in the future, I might as well give PS+ a shot. Just wondered if I'd get to grab February's stuff or not.

Flunkie

Banned
Nice, Journey, Motorstorm discount, and free Sly - a series I've always wanted to try.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Shiloa

What are the chances that they'll give PS+ users the other Sly games in the coming weeks/months?

I'm wondering whether I should buy the Sly Collection if it wins tomorrow, or just take my chances and wait for the rest of the Collection to be free for PS+ users.
I doubt it personally, but I don't know. I'm sure the main reason for giving it free is to tempt users into buying the other games in the collection.

Madridy

I doubt it personally, but I don't know. I'm sure the main reason for giving it free is to tempt users into buying the other games in the collection.

Yeah, I thought about that right after I posted. The current collection price is $30 right?.
I think I'll buy the collection for $15 if it is really getting a %50 discount, doesn't hurt to have a permanent version of the first game + it would only be $7.5 each for Sly 2&3.

Ocaso

Wow, another great month for PS Plus! I already own SF2 HD, but I've never played Sly Cooper and Um Jammer Lammy is a great PSOne classic!

Perkel

Banned
OK people EU PS Store reedemned:

- week early acces to Journey !
- Free Trine 2
- Free Sly 1
- Free Resident Evil 2+3
- Free Far Cry 2 (shit game imo)

Seriously it's best 100zł/30$ i have ever spent (promotion)

Ok people could someone tell me if trine is good ? I always wanted it for steam.

I'm glad that offering one free PS3 retail game a month is really becoming a trend. First Tomb Raider Underworld, then Far Cry 2, and now Sly Cooper.

As long as they keep doing this, I'll keep my subscription. I actually feel like I have something to look forward to each month now.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I'm glad that offering one free PS3 retail game a month is really becoming a trend. First Tomb Raider Underworld, then Far Cry 2, and now Sly Cooper.

As long as they keep doing this, I'll keep my subscription. I actually feel like I have something to look forward to each month now.

Sly Cooper is not a PS3 retail game.

boingball

I want Trine 2 instead of Sly

I concur. I have all three Plats on Sly.

I am still waiting for a free game this year which I don't own but I am interested in. And there have not been any discounts this year either (I already have Motorstorm RC from the EU store).

Well, at least early access to Journey is great. Hopefully Grace gets it up before I leave the office on Wednesday (New Zealand time).

Baron

Wow, another great month for PS Plus! I already own SF2 HD, but I've never played Sly Cooper and Um Jammer Lammy is a great PSOne classic!

I bought the PSN download of Um Jammer Lammy a year or two back when it was on sale for $2, and I can tell you right now, the game is impossible to play on an HDTV. Whatever upscaling is done by the PS3 to display it, it results in so much input lag on the controller that you simply can't play the game.

I thought maybe I had just gotten rusty at the game, so I pulled out my PS1 and hooked it up to a CRT TV and played my UJL disc, and I did just fine. Unless you're playing on a CRT, don't even bother. And yes, I have image processing disabled on my HDTV.

It depends on the games they offer. Like with Back to the Future and Tomb Raider Underworld a couple of months ago...once I get all of the trophies I'll probably never play them again so I'll just delete them anyway.

It would be nice to offer some form of a payment option to those who really want to own it. If they struck a deal with the publisher to offer it for free I'm sure the publisher won't refuse if Sony made a 50%-75% option to those who want to buy it. I never heard of someone who didn't want money lol.
I'm guessing the rational is that it's an extra insentive to remain on +...but I'm with you, I'd love to see an option to opt in for the full license. It's like they don't want my money lol.

Baron

I'm guessing the rational is that it's an extra insentive to remain on +...but I'm with you, I'd love to see an option to opt in for the full license. It's like they don't want my money lol.

It is this bizarreness that is pushing me towards not renewing Plus when mine expires this October. I sometimes buy games on PSN that I don't play for months. I've appreciated the free games offered on Plus, but I'd rather own them outright (if they are keepers).

That isn't even going into this bug BS that keeps people from accessing games they paid for prior to being a Plus member after they subscribe to Plus. Yes, this has happened to two of my PSN games. I am locked out of them, they incorrectly register as expired despite the fact that I paid for them outright. And yes, I tried getting it resolved through Sony, and they made it clear, in as ambiguous a way as possible, that they would look into the issue and fix it for me, and it would be fixed in 7-14 business days. Over a year ago.

jred2k

So is it just me or are plus members not actually getting 50% off the winners. I went to buy infamous and saw the price was $4.89(aka 30%) instead of the $3.49 or so it should be for plus members.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So is it just me or are plus members not actually getting 50% off the winners. I went to buy infamous and saw the price was $4.89(aka 30%) instead of the $3.49 or so it should be for plus members.

Uhh, Infamous Festival of Blood is $9.99 normally.

SickBoy

So what's happened in the EU store that people have been so thirsty for Sony-branded redemption? Just curious.

I voted for all the games I wanted or might want to buy in the "best of PSN" vote. Looking at the list, I imagine most people weren't so selfish and decided to vote for the games they liked the most. Fools! :)

Now I have to decide on Infamous. Didn't care for the first game, but a small-ish adventure with that getting-around mechanic would probably be fun. And $5...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom