• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Question - I have ps+ now. What will happen with these free games when :

1) My sub runs out?
2) I re-sub?

Are you US or EU, apparently there are some differences that people can explain.

In the US: Free games go away (can't play them when you attempt to start them). Then come back when you re-sub (work like normal). For some you may have to re-download to get them restarted. But they are all available on your download list.

For games you bought using a Ps+ discount, you keep all those forever. Regardless of + status.

Jhriad

Question - I have ps+ now. What will happen with these free games when :

1) My sub runs out?
2) I re-sub?

When your sub runs out the license to play those games you downloaded for free expires so you can no longer play them. If you re-download & install games after you have re-subbed your license for the game will update so you can continue playing.

EDIT: Beaten. Boo.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Thanks guys. I'm in eu, my hopes were that if I got a game for free via ps+, I should be able to access/play/re-download it whenever I re-sub and that seems to be the case :).

Jomjom

Banned
Downloaded RE2&3, now downloading Sly Raccoon HD and Trine 2, all for the princely sum of nothing. Will buy Journey at the weekend. Really happy with PS+, I just hope it won't become mandatory on the PS4, as that could take away the incentive for anyone to give us these amazing deals

What will I miss by playing Trine 2 before Trine?

Were they giving out RE2 and 3 for free? I totally missed this! I know back in September they were going RE1, 2, and 3 for free, but I wasn't a PS+ member at that time.

Have there been any instances where they gave freebies that had already been given in a previous month? I would love to get RE1, 2, and 3 again.

Also WOW at the freebies for April. I don't have any of those games, so that basically already pays for what I paid for an entire year of plus ($14.xx).

How is Shift 2? I already own GT5, I'm wondering if I should even bother.
Those are ok freebies I guess, can't complain since it's free. But a meh PSN game, a PS1 game that aged badly (like most), Frogger, and a racing game doesn't bring the excitement to me.

But trophies are trophies!
I thought Silent Hill aged surprisingly well. The graphics are horrid, but it's still pretty scary.

jvm

Gamasutra.
If this keeps up, it seems a given that subscription fees will jump. I don't see how $50/y will continue to cover it.

Yes, Wario64, I'm well aware of the Target discount. Let's all hope it happens again... :)

Cels

If this keeps up, it seems a given that subscription fees will jump. I don't see how $50/y will continue to cover it.

Yes, Wario64, I'm well aware of the Target discount. Let's all hope it happens again... :)

PS+ is getting pretty nuts.

M.D

Did we ever get information on how much subscribers there are? PS+ seemed to pick up in the last year, and you don't hear the negative reaction anymore like when the service was first announced. But this could very well be internet buzz and nothing more.

Hanmik

EU update...

From April 4th:

Shift 2: Unleashed – 100% off
You save £19.99/€29.99

Shank 2 – 100% off
You save £7.99/€9.99

Silent Hill (PSone Classic) – 100% off
You save £5.49/€6.99

Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims (minis) – 100% off
You save £2.49/€2.99

Golf Mania (minis) – 100% off
You save £2.49/€2.99

I Am Alive! – 20% off until April 18th
You save £1.59/€1.99

Wheels of Destruction – 20% off until April 18th
You save £1.59/€1.99

Mesh Plus-Exclusive Dynamic Theme – 100% off
You save £1.59/€1.99

Samurai Plus-Exclusive Dynamic Theme – 100% off
You save £1.59/€1.99

Six Plus-Exclusive Avatars: Dead Cloud; Mutant Skull; Gear and Green/Brown/Pink Demon Beans
You save £0.21/€0.25 per avatar

Escape Plan Avatar Bundle
You save £0.79/€0.99

Still to come later this month:
Pure Chess – Launch discount and Park DLC included at no-cost
House of the Dead 4 – Launch discount, free Theme and Avatars
Sonic CD and other Sonic content exclusively discounted for Plus members

Loads of additional Plus discounts on upcoming sale items, including a launch discount on ‘Episodes from Liberty City‘ on April 11th

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/03/29/heads-up-playstation-plus-update-4th-april-2012/

Benedict

EU update...

Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims (minis) – 100% off
You save £2.49/€2.99

Might be GOTY for me!

Edit: Anybody else other than me noticing that it seems that Sony says Ps+ is Ps3 only in PS+ advertising on PSN-store?
No mention of PSP (or Vita).

I would like to use this space to say SHIFT 2 is an awesome game. For whatever reason it missed, but for me personally it pushes all the right buttons: visceral, intense, challenging, great audio, and helmet cam (I use it always) is the natural step-up from cockpit cam. If it didn't have performance & technical issues (low framerate, jaggies, shitty graphics in general, the usual "bad PS3 port" bullshit) it would be the best racer this gen, imo, and is my personal favorite even with those issues.

If you plan to spend some time with it add me on PSN so you can have someone on your AutoLog to compare times with (not that my times are any good, heh, just beats an empty AutoLog!). Same name as here.

Spocker

Finally the issue with the expired PS+ content for us European SEGA Rally subscribers has been solved.

If you buy a new subscription (90 days is enough), and start an (old) Playstation Plus game all the missing content will be re-added to your download list as new purchases.

I would like to use this space to say SHIFT 2 is an awesome game. For whatever reason it missed, but for me personally it pushes all the right buttons: visceral, intense, challenging, great audio, and helmet cam (I use it always) is the natural step-up from cockpit cam. If it didn't have performance & technical issues (low framerate, jaggies, shitty graphics in general, the usual "bad PS3 port" bullshit) it would be the best racer this gen, imo, and is my personal favorite even with those issues.

I enjoyed Shift 2 too. It has some warts, sure, but it's a fun game. And it was just the right thing for me after I got burned out and bored with GT5. I got it on the cheap, but for free, it's a no-brainer. Download and enjoy.

Cudder

When I originally bought PS+ it was the 3 month block instead of the 1 year membership. Now, whenever it renews itself after the 3 months, it buys ANOTHER 3 month membership. Is there anyway to change this so that it buys a 1 year membership instead of a 3 month? Not very cost effective to keep buying 3 month blocks..

When I originally bought PS+ it was the 3 month block instead of the 1 year membership. Now, whenever it renews itself after the 3 months, it buys ANOTHER 3 month membership. Is there anyway to change this so that it buys a 1 year membership instead of a 3 month? Not very cost effective to keep buying 3 month blocks..

have you tried canceling your subscription then buy a yearly subscription?

Joni

Just buy a one-year subscription instead of letting it go on auto-renew.

salromano

I don't mean to be "that guy," but does anyone have any free one-month PlayStation Plus codes lying around? I started playing Shadows of the Damned at a cousin's house in a different state, and of course, three chapters in, the save is copy-protected. Any help would be super appreciated. :]

Joni

Europe got an update:
PlayStation Plus

House of the Dead 4: Extended Cut – 30% Discount
House of the Dead 4 Dynamic Theme – 100% Discount
House of the Dead 4 James, Kate and Goldman Avatars – 100% Discount
Sonic CD – 100% Discount
Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing Ryo Forklift Pack – 60% Discount
Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing Metal Sonic and Death Egg – 60% Discount
Sonic Unleashed Apatos and Shamar Adventure Pack – 60% Discount
Sonic Unleashed Chunnan Adventure Pack – 60% Discount
Sonic Unleashed Empire City and Adabat Adventure Pack – 60% Discount
Sonic Unleashed Holoska Adventure Pack – 60% Discount

Number45

Europe got an update:
PlayStation Plus

House of the Dead 4: Extended Cut – 30% Discount
House of the Dead 4 Dynamic Theme – 100% Discount
House of the Dead 4 James, Kate and Goldman Avatars – 100% Discount
Sonic CD – 100% Discount
Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing Ryo Forklift Pack – 60% Discount
Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing Metal Sonic and Death Egg – 60% Discount
Sonic Unleashed Apatos and Shamar Adventure Pack – 60% Discount
Sonic Unleashed Chunnan Adventure Pack – 60% Discount
Sonic Unleashed Empire City and Adabat Adventure Pack – 60% Discount
Sonic Unleashed Holoska Adventure Pack – 60% Discount

Sonic CD is a 40% discount.

I love PS+...no complaints from me.

I've given up on it. The discounts are just not big enough with the aus tax already applied and I have got or played everything I could want on psn.

Wasn't a bad investment for the year, but I don't feel I quite got the value out of it. If they fix the bullshit pricing (lol) and the eu store catches up to the us one (double lol) i will be back.

As it stands paying for small discounts in $115 US games? Yeah no thanks.

hamchan

I've given up on it. The discounts are just not big enough with the aus tax already applied and I have got or played everything I could want on psn.

Wasn't a bad investment for the year, but I don't feel I quite got the value out of it. If they fix the bullshit pricing (lol) and the eu store catches up to the us one (double lol) i will be back.

As it stands paying for small discounts in $115 US games? Yeah no thanks.
Just buy from the US store like plenty of other Aussies are doing.

Just buy from the US store like plenty of other Aussies are doing.

Yeah I'm just reluctant to start a second account at this late stage with games invested in it, in case the PS4 does something funky with one account or region locking or something.

If something enticing comes up, I might need to make the choice. Certainly if I had my time over I would go the US route.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So crazy idea, if you've sold or returned a game, and some very condense but good DLC is released, theoretically you could use the ps+ trial to play through the content without having to reacquire the disc. I wonder if save games from the disc work on the trials.

Melchiah

Are you US or EU, apparently there are some differences that people can explain.

In the US: Free games go away (can't play them when you attempt to start them). Then come back when you re-sub (work like normal). For some you may have to re-download to get them restarted. But they are all available on your download list.

For games you bought using a Ps+ discount, you keep all those forever. Regardless of + status.

EU account here. It's somewhat annoying, that the free games seem to expire eventhough I've paid for another three months before the end date. They can be activated again by starting the game, but I wonder why it's not done automatically.

AndyD

aka andydumi
EU account here. It's somewhat annoying, that the free games seem to expire eventhough I've paid for another three months before the end date. They can be activated again by starting the game, but I wonder why it's not done automatically.

Because the PS3 does not poll your account for every game on a regular basis. So that way you do not have to rely on internet access to play games. It only verifies against the system when you start an individual game.

There are advantages and drawbacks to both methods. They seem to have just picked this one.

Nice amount of freebies for May:

Exclusives:
Pixel Junk 4am Closed Viewer Beta – 5/1
Velocity (Free PS mini) – 5/1

Free Games:

PSN Games:
Awesomenauts – 5/1
Trine 2 – 5/1
Rock of Ages – 5/15

Minis:
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims – 5/1
Velocity – 5/1

PS one Classics:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night – 5/1
Castlevania Chronicles – 5/1

Full Game Trials:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – 5/1
Disney Universe – 5/1
Saints Row The Third – 5/8
Assassin’s Creed Revelations – 5/15
Batman Arkham City - 5/15
Rayman Origins– 5/15
Need for Speed The Run – 5/15
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition – 5/22
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier – 5/22

Free Avatars and Themes:
Dead Cloud Avatar – 5/15
Gear Avatar – 5/15
Mesh Dynamic Theme – 5/22

Discounts:
Datura – 5/8 (PS Plus Price – $7.99)
Disney Universe – 5/1 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Rayman: Origins – 5/15 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Saints Row The Third – 5/8 (PS Plus Price: $47.99)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...auts-trine-2-rock-of-ages-pixeljunk-4am-beta/

anddo0

Looking good! Trine 2 for free :) Glad I finally signed up.

edit: Rayman: Origins – 5/15 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)-- Say what? As in the Vita version? Looks like I'm picking it up.

androvsky

I like that they're starting to add ps2 games as potential freebies. So far it's just europe, but the us blog guy suggested that they'll probably start doing it too when they get more ps2 games up.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, this is awesome. I was going to buy Rock of Ages day one anyway. Sucks that I've already bought both Castlevania games though. :lol

Trine 2 for free is amazing too. Got the first one when it was on sale for $5 and loved it, so I'm definitely looking forward to 2.

ZenaxPure

Has anyone else played Velocity? Generally I can only shake my head in sadness at the minis we're given from PS+ but I turned on Velocity last night and an hour passed without me realizing it.

Game was pretty addicting and I am usually not a fan of the genre, if you even want to classify it as a shump, which it's not I guess. It's more about forcing the level to scroll faster while using a teleport command to warp your ship out of various traps.

Either way I can't believe I actually just spent more than 10 minutes with a mini and more surprisingly want to go back and play it again.

PAL PS+ question:
My subscription will end next week. At the moment I feel like I could wait (e.g. for a cheaper offer) with the re-sub as I currently don't have much time for all the PS+ games and am mostly using it for the automatic sync feature.
What's the current stand on re-gaining the free games from a former, lapsed subscription period in PAL PSN?
If still (?) nay, I guess I will have to bent over and extend my sub this week...

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Holy crap! Don't sleep on Velocity folks, its a real gem.

Its like a great lost Amiga game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom