• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1981

So I just learned that you have to wait 24 hours to copy saves stored on the cloud. Are you fucking kidding me ??

Always one step forward two steps back with these guys

So I was playing a game upstairs and wanted to continue downstairs and I can't copy to USB because the fucking game is drm protected so I save to cloud but have to wait til fucking TOMORROW to play downstairs??!! The fuck?!!!

Carl

So I just learned that you have to wait 24 hours to copy saves stored on the cloud. Are you fucking kidding me ??

Always one step forward two steps back with these guys

That's not correct. Only saves that are LOCKED. Any other saves you can switch around as much as you want.

ZenaxPure

I am glad other people are enjoying Velocity and it's not just me, spread the word around! Game is so awesome and more people need to play it! While I don't have facts/numbers I can only imagine minis are even more ignored than XBLIGs.

I know in my case I was contemplating not even downloading the games anymore. There has been a few gems for sure but last month when I downloaded that tower defense ant game and played the first level I just put down the controller and thought to myself "Why am I even downloading the free minis anymore?" then turned off the console, couldn't even bring myself to just simply uninstall it before just shutting off the console entirely.

Anybody having trouble installing Castlevania Chronicles on PS3? It goes through the install process and says complete but stays in the bubble afterwards.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It doesn't play. Just goes through the install again over and over.
Are you sure it's not just the install bubble staying behind and you're not seeing the new icon for the game? They stopped automatically deleting the install bubble for content that can be transferred to the PSP or the Vita a while ago.

I just tried Chronicles, it plays fine, you must be clicking on the install bubble, it installs and plays fine, post above is correct, install bubble doesnt delete itslef.

Number45

PAL PS+ question:
My subscription will end next week. At the moment I feel like I could wait (e.g. for a cheaper offer) with the re-sub as I currently don't have much time for all the PS+ games and am mostly using it for the automatic sync feature.
What's the current stand on re-gaining the free games from a former, lapsed subscription period in PAL PSN?
If still (?) nay, I guess I will have to bent over and extend my sub this week...
They should be fine, however I'm sure I've read of people that have had issues with this.

Nekobo

I am glad other people are enjoying Velocity and it's not just me, spread the word around! Game is so awesome and more people need to play it! While I don't have facts/numbers I can only imagine minis are even more ignored than XBLIGs.

In bold for emphasis. Download it now or buy it, easily the best mini I've played since Where is My Heart?.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
In bold for emphasis. Download it now or buy it, easily the best mini I've played since Where is My Heart?.

I'd gladly check out more Minis on Vita. Its Sonys part to step up. Some work from the EU store already, right? I hope we'll hear more about that at E3.

Number45

I'd gladly check out more Minis on Vita. Its Sonys part to step up. Some work from the EU store already, right? I hope we'll hear more about that at E3.
Yup, I haven't tried all that many as of yet but all of those I have tried are available to download straight from the Vita store.

JB1981

I really like the full game trials.

The download speeds really aren't half bad and I like the idea of being able to play for an hour and then being able to unlock the full game. Trophies earned stay intact as well as game progress.

I just bought AC: Brotherhood because of this. I am in the middle of downloading Saints Row: The Third as well.

Derrick01

Banned
I like the full game trials too but the trophy thing pretty much means I won't try anything unless I'm pretty sure I'll buy or rent it later. Don't need a bunch of 2% games on my trophy list.

Being able to get 25% or so on god of war chains of olympus in the 1 hour trial was pretty cool though :D

I like the full game trials too but the trophy thing pretty much means I won't try anything unless I'm pretty sure I'll buy or rent it later. Don't need a bunch of 2% games on my trophy list.

Being able to get 25% or so on god of war chains of olympus in the 1 hour trial was pretty cool though :D

But...the trophies dont appear unless you buy the game or load the full game up (like from a disc) otherwise they are bubbled and dont affect your score or level at all.

Derrick01

Banned
But...the trophies dont appear unless you buy the game or load the full game up (like from a disc) otherwise they are bubbled and dont affect your score or level at all.

They appear on my list and that's all that matters to me. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who bothers looking at it anyway.

Massa

Game trials are great. Skipped Saints Row The Third thanks to it.

And screw Sony for not supporting minis on the Vita. That was, sad as it is, my number 1 use of Playstation Plus. That's one of the main reasons I won't be renewing my subscription next month.

They appear on my list and that's all that matters to me. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who bothers looking at it anyway.

You mean that list you can see or everybody can see? Because only you can see those bubbled trophies from the full game trials. Just thought I'd let you know in case you didnt.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You mean that list you can see or everybody can see? Because only you can see those bubbled trophies from the full game trials. Just thought I'd let you know in case you didnt.
That's exactly what he means. The fact that we can see them is what's annoying.

Labadal

Re-subbed and I have the same problem as other Euro folk: It says my games expire in 2 weeks when they should instead be expiring in May 2013.

Melchiah

That's exactly what he means. The fact that we can see them is what's annoying.

I find it annoying as well. Especially when I'm comparing trophies with a friend through the PS3, and it shows a whole lot of shit I have never even played. The way I see my played games, is like the taste in music; it's not preferable that there's something I don't actually listen to.

Shiloa

Re-subbed and I have the same problem as other Euro folk: It says my games expire in 2 weeks when they should instead be expiring in May 2013.
I don't know if this was just for me, but I had content which had "expired", but upon launching the game, it just renewed it automatically and let me play. Whether I had to be connected to the net or not when that happened, I don't know.

Labadal

I don't know if this was just for me, but I had content which had "expired", but upon launching the game, it just renewed it automatically and let me play. Whether I had to be connected to the net or not when that happened, I don't know.

I'll check back when the games I had on my first sub ends, and then try to launch them. I'd be happy if they work.

Number45

It's free at the moment for Plus isn't it? No reason not to. :)

It won't look great on a large screen, but I'm going to play it on my Vita when we finally get PS1 support.

punkypine

so there might be a sale next week on the ubisoft games and I was thinking of picking up a few... since the discount is so big with ps+, it would about break even. If I bought PS+ during hte middle of the sale, will it work or does it have to be subscribed to from before the first day of the sale? Also, do i get to pick up the May free games? How exactly does the subscription start/end dates work

Joni

so there might be a sale next week on the ubisoft games and I was thinking of picking up a few... since the discount is so big with ps+, it would about break even. If I bought PS+ during hte middle of the sale, will it work or does it have to be subscribed to from before the first day of the sale? Also, do i get to pick up the May free games? How exactly does the subscription start/end dates work
Everything that is available in the Plus section at the moment you want to download it, can be downloaded with the Plus discount/free. If you subscribe on 31ste of May, you can still get all content that is available then.

lucius

I know about Rayman Origins for $15 I am buying that, but what other Ubisoft games are rumored to be on discount?

Turfster

I am glad other people are enjoying Velocity and it's not just me, spread the word around! Game is so awesome and more people need to play it!

I would love to try it, but... it's not available on the European PSN, even though they claim it's also available for EU PSN+ people. Of course, maybe it's just my country, wouldn't be the first time my country had been singled out.

Edit: Apparently, it's UK only for Europe, so... thanks Sony!
Edit 2: It got added this week.

thelastword

Banned
Would anyone have a full listing of all free games offered to PS PLUS customers since the service began? I tried googling but didn't find anything.

OSHAN

I find it annoying as well. Especially when I'm comparing trophies with a friend through the PS3, and it shows a whole lot of shit I have never even played. The way I see my played games, is like the taste in music; it's not preferable that there's something I don't actually listen to.

Huh, anyone else feel this way? I just look at it in the sense of a person playing the game. If they didn't play it extensively, I just assume they didn't like it.

I borrow and rent games so they're certainly titles I hardly played on my list, but I like seeing them there because it actually reminds me I played the game.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Would anyone have a full listing of all free games offered to PS PLUS customers since the service began? I tried googling but didn't find anything.

This one was updated until sometime last year. Not my list, and I don't keep track.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...ckRJQlZJclR6aGc&single=true&gid=3&output=html

That was a good list until it was no longer updated. IGN also had a good article on it about Xmas time.

I know the past few months in terms of free games have been pretty good, including the Back to the Future series, Far Cry 2, Tomb Raider Underworld, Shift 2 and more.

thelastword

Banned
This one was updated until sometime last year. Not my list, and I don't keep track.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...ckRJQlZJclR6aGc&single=true&gid=3&output=html
Thanks for that list, how time flies, it appears that PS PLUS started sometime in late June of 2010, so the upcoming month would be it's two year anniversary, so I anticipate some great deals in JUNE-JULY.

I only got on board after the PSN was restored from the hack (If I can recollect), when i joined Plants Vs Zombies was available for free, for some reason i wasn't familiar with the runnings of PS Plus and missed out on that download.

I'm just trying to see how plus has progressed since then and what i missed on, prior to my subscription. I can say for sure that I've gotten more than my monies worth since then.

Angelcurio

Gold Member

I just renewed my subscription today, it would expire on june 12, and i have the same problem as you and the euro guy. The games i got for free on PS+ still say that are going to expire on june 12.

I tried to redownload a game to make a test, SFII HD, since when you download a game it normally says "activating" before the download starts, so as soon as the download started i just canceled it and returned to the main OS menu and checked the info about the game once again, and the expiration date was changed to June 2013. I still don´t know if have to redownload all my games so they update the expiration date, or if they are simply going to stop working once the expiration date arrives.

Agent X

Gold Member
I just renewed my subscription today, it would expire on june 12, and i have the same problem as you and the euro guy. The games i got for free on PS+ still say that are going to expire on june 12.

I tried to redownload a game to make a test, SFII HD, since when you download a game it normally says "activating" before the download starts, so as soon as the download started i just canceled it and returned to the main OS menu and checked the info about the game once again, and the expiration date was changed to June 2013. I still don´t know if have to redownload all my games so they update the expiration date, or if they are simply going to stop working once the expiration date arrives.

I resubscribed a few months ago. If I recall correctly, you don't have to redownload your freebie games on PS3, but you do have to redownload your freebie games on PSP (or at least do the quick download/cancel trick).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom